My Wife's Grandmom Passed!!!

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
There were Angels on the Vitas Hospice floor tonight at 10:30 PM EDT this evening as this beautiful 97 year old sweatheart, darling, lovely person of a woman went on to be with God :) and her loved ones who passed before her.

Phyllisann was there with her when she passed. I haven't know Nanny, as she was so affectionately called, more than a few years but fell in love with her the first day I met her. She was a very tough, sweet, loving person, she will be greatly missed.:(

This is the same tough old gal that one year ago this past March fell down head over heals 19 steps and came out with only a big black and blue mark. . . no broken bones, no sprains, no nothing!!! She was a miracle as was her long life.

Rest In Peace Nanny!!!
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2007
    RIP and my thoughts and prayers to you and the family, broham.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear that, condolences.

But you can't complain about a 97-year run.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear the news. me and mine send our condolences.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear about the loss of Nanny. How's Phyllisann holding up. One can only say a prayer and be glad she's in peace with the Lord. Loving memories will help ease the pain. Prayers go out.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    Joe, please pass along my condolences to Phyllisann and her family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited May 2007
    My condolences to you, Phyllisann and her family.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    Ya see guys, I'm sitting reading your posts and I'm all welled up with tears. I miss Nanny already and you guys are stand up dudes!!! Now my contacts are floating!
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    One thing I forgot to mention. I not a believer in coincidences, I believe there is a reason for everything. While I was listening to the Beatles "LOVE" tonight, I was on the song "A Day in the Life" when Phyllisann called and told me that Nanny had passed just then.
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited May 2007
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I will send prayers for you and yours tonight.

Cindy
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited May 2007
    My deepest condolances Joe. One look at that picture makes me want to give her a hug. I love older people. The good thing is one day you will get to see her again.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited May 2007
    Hey man hug your wife for me.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
    The first thing I noticed in that photo is the rainbow on her mug and the baby swing in the background. At her age I am sure she saw just about everything occur in life... twice. She was a beautiful woman and I can see where your wife got her good looks. Condolences to your family.
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    I was just reading these post to Phyllisann over the phone and it was all I could do to keep my voice from cracking. . . she said, "tell them they are all awesome and thank you." You folks are kinda like family here.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    The babyswing in the photo caught my eye, too, Polk65..........very nice.

It's as if she's looking at the swing and saying, "Okay, who's next ?". :)

Although condolences are certainly warranted, and given, I'd also like to offer my congratulations: Congratulations on having had the opportunity to know this woman who had seen WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Gulf War, the invention of the auto and airplane to the launching of men on the moon ...
    ...... jeeez.

As someone mentioned, 97 years .... what a run !

My sympathies go to you and Phyllisann.
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    The babyswing in the photo caught my eye, too, Polk65..........very nice.

It's as if she's looking at the swing and saying, "Okay, who's next ?". :)

Although condolences are certainly warranted, and given, I'd also like to offer my congratulations: Congratulations on having had the opportunity to know this woman who had seen WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Gulf War, the invention of the auto and airplane to the launching of men on the moon ...
    ...... jeeez.

As someone mentioned, 97 years .... what a run !

My sympathies go to you and Phyllisann.

Thanks Bro, I used to sit and talk with her for hours. She told me all kinds of stories about what it was like here during WWII ("the big one" A Bunker LOL) and how things were when she was a young girl a long long time ago. WE even used to swap recipies. Man I miss her.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear Joe, but be glad you knew a great women even if it wasn't for a long time. She has touched your heart.

Take care Steve

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited May 2007
    Rest in peace, you've earned it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited May 2007
    Rest in Peace, my thoughts and prayers go out to your family. I bet she experienced so much in life, so many stories to tell. Love to listen to stuff like that.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    Sorry for your loss. RIP Nanny.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    Sorry for your loss, will keep your family in my prayers.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear. God Bless
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited May 2007
    Sorry for your loss, God bless. She look's like a sweetheart.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    I'm sorry for your loss and I know she will be missed. But man, what a great run she had. 97 years old!!! I hope I'm around that long. To see my great grandkids (god willing)
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited May 2007
    Sorry for the loss. 97 years and healthy I assume. That is a blessing. I am glad she touched your life.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    My condolences to you Phyllisann & the family Joe. But Nanny had 97 yrs of a full life which certainly deserves a hearty congrats! RIP Nanny.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2007
    Sorry for your loss
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited May 2007
    condolences from my family to yours brother

97? thats a damn good run, ya gotta respect that.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited May 2007
    Hearing sorry for your loss. My grandmother is the closest thing to family I have - so I feel for you and your family.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear that. She looks full of life in that picture. My grandmother was like that until last year when she turned 100!!! After that it was like if she had said "ok, I made it; time to go", and passed a few months later.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited May 2007
    My condolences to you and your family Joe. It's a pretty amazing thing to reach 97 and healthy. My dad has reached 90 years old, but Alzheimer is taking it's toll in a big way.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.