Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
Post edited by millerman 3732 on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited May 2007
    Doesn't DEI stand for Dale Earnhardt Incorporated or something like that? So is NASCAR over, or are they still racing this year?

Is that Jeff Gordon guy still driving, I remember him being pretty good back in the day...
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited May 2007
    1. Yes DEI does stand for Dale Earnhardt Incorporated

2. No Nascar races through late Nov.

3. Yes Gordon is still around and still pretty good, he is in the points lead now.
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

• MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited May 2007
    I do not know much about NASCAR but couldn't he start his own team as an owner driver?
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited May 2007
    I do not know much about NASCAR but couldn't he start his own team as an owner driver?

He has his own Busch series team, JR Motorsports. It may appear that it'll be a Nextel Cup team as well for 2008.

He's also taking the Budweiser sponsorship away from DEI. Bigggg money they're going to lose.

The additional caveat is that his teammate Martin Truex Jr. is also rumored to be leaving with him.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    No offense, but who cares.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2007
    Just his several million fans.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2007
    His stepmother is a jackass. I hate to say it, but, this is all Dale Sr.'s fault. He left DEI to a tramp instead of his son.

Who will Jr. race for? RCR baby. Probably going to get the # 3 too.

My $.02 on the subject.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    Halo wrote: »
    Who will Jr. race for? RCR baby. Probably going to get the # 3 too.

My $.02 on the subject.
    This seems like the most probable but will Richard want Truex as well?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited May 2007
    the worst thing Junior could do is start his own Team as the owner. it has way to many distractions for even the best drivers.RCR or Hendrick Motorsports would be the most obvious choices for Dale Jr if he is going to keep driving a Chevrolet. i bet that either Rick Hendrick or Richard Childress would hire Dale Jr in a Heartbeat.
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    the worst thing Junior could do is start his own Team as the owner. it has way to many distractions for even the best drivers.
    Waltrip done himself in with that one. NAPA has got to be PISSED. If Robby Gordon didn't have a ton of factory support from Ford this year he'd be out on his **** as well.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    GV#27 wrote: »
    This seems like the most probable but will Richard want Truex as well?
    Five teams for RCR? I highly doubt that. Roush had to bring Fenway on board to keep his five alive. Eventually they'll be limited to four teams by NASCAR anyway.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited May 2007
    Hendrick will fire/release Casey Mears and plug Little E in there.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • millerman 3732
    edited May 2007
    Didn't Jr. drive the No. 5 car for Hendrick a couple of weeks back.
    Casey
    Sony UBP-X800
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

• I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited May 2007
    Didn't Jr. drive the No. 5 car for Hendrick a couple of weeks back.

Correct. Shrub had already left the track and Little E auditioned, I mean volunteered to drive for Hendrick, at Texas, I think.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    Halo wrote: »
    Waltrip done himself in with that one. NAPA has got to be PISSED.
    Yes they sure must be pissed.Maybe he should put Buffy in the car for qualifying.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Richard Childress Racing (RCR) I hope.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    From what I remember, this has been brewing for a long time...At one point he tried to buy DEI and the offer was shot down....I do agree that his father should have left the company to him, she has run it into the ground...I think at first she would have run it, then when things went down hill Jr. would have replaced her with someone capable of running it for him....Owning a team wouldn't bring him down, not having a stable of good people around him to help run it will.
  • millerman 3732
    edited May 2007
    I would love to see Jr. join up with Hendrick, but I'm afraid that would be to many rosters in the hen house. Half the time doesn't even seem like Gordon and Johnson can get along and put Little E in the mix who probably is more popular than Gordon or Johnson I just don't know if it would work.
    Casey
    Sony UBP-X800
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

• RSTERN
    RSTERN Posts: 287
    edited May 2007
    What about Joe Gibbs racing? Aren't junior and tony sterwart good friends.
    mains: rt16
    center: csi40
    surrounds:fx 1000
    sub: SVS 20-39pc+
  • millerman 3732
    edited May 2007
    The link at the top of the page says something about Gibbs not allowing alcoholic brands to sponser his cars and Bud is supposed to be going with Jr. so I don't know how Gibbs would get around that.
    Casey
    Sony UBP-X800
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

• hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    GV#27 wrote: »
    Just his several million fans.

How many NASCAR fans are there?
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    RSTERN wrote: »
    What about Joe Gibbs racing? Aren't junior and tony sterwart good friends.
    Yes they are and that would be a good fit.Jr would get a consistantly competitive car for a change.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited May 2007

It is not as big as Football or Baseball but it has a very large fan base in both the US and Canada.Jr is Nascars most popular star.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • millerman 3732
    edited May 2007

Nascar probably averages about 100,000 fans per race. The smaller tracks I'd say any where from 80,000 to 90,000 and the bigger tracks like Daytona and Talladega around 130,000.
    Casey
    Sony UBP-X800
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2007
    How many NASCAR fans are there? Trillions! Its the largest specator sport in the US.

ONE WEEKEND of NASCAR in Atlanta generates more money than a FULL SEASON of the Braves, Falcons and Hawks COMBINED!!

As for Jr, I think this sucks. His step monster should be horsewhipped and thrown in jail. She's ruining a great man's name. Dale Sr is rolling over in his grave right now.

In a way tho Im glad to see Jr leave DEI and I hope it crumbles to the ground and leaves that beeyotch waiting tables.

As for where he'll go, as a diehard Tony Stewart fan (which aint easy seeing as he's suffering from the Madden curse this season), Id love to see him come to Joe Gibbs racing!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited May 2007

There a lot of things brought up in the clubhouse that I could care less about... Let's see a passion for culinary arts... to think of one but that doesn't mean I need to dump on your post and say it. Unless your goal is to have the most posts, have some respect for other member’s interests even if you dislike it.
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    ONE WEEKEND of NASCAR in Atlanta generates more money than a FULL SEASON of the Braves, Falcons and Hawks COMBINED!!

I never could get into NASCAR, it is as boring to me as soccer. My brother-in-law and his partner are crazy about it and go down to Daytona every year to watch.

Drag racing I love.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2007
    It aint for everybody.

I used to make fun of it all the time even tho my dad loves it. About 5 years ago I started watching it with him for the hell of it. Been hooked ever since.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    m00npie wrote: »
    There a lot of things brought up in the clubhouse that I could care less about... Let's see a passion for culinary arts... to think of one but that doesn't mean I need to dump on your post and say it. Unless your goal is to have the most posts, have some respect for other member’s interests even if you dislike it.

LOL!!!
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    I never could get into NASCAR, it is as boring to me as soccer. My brother-in-law and his partner are crazy about it and go down to Daytona every year to watch.

Drag racing I love.

I would have to say that drag racing is a lot more exciting.....John Force is a bad **** ****..One of the most amazing venues I have ever been to was the Nascar track in Bristol though.....Going to a race is A LOT better than watching it. It is kinda cool to crank a race up and shake the house every now and then though....Soccer? F soccer....