So Who Will Dale Jr. Drive for in 2008?

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2007
    I never could get into NASCAR, it is as boring to me as soccer.
    :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

I bet if you attended a live soccer game and a Nascar race you would revise this statement.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    GV#27 wrote: »

I bet if you attended a live soccer game and a Nascar race you would revise this statement.

I've been to soccer games but never Nascar so you are probably right. Watching them go round and round on tv is a heck of alot different then hearing and feeling the roar, and smelling the fuel and power!!!

Soccer forget about it but hey ya never know, if Nascar came close enough to here I might like it.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007

I have attended soccer games, and I may as well watch grass grow....I will watch women's soccer for obvious reasons.:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    I have attended soccer games, and I may as well watch grass grow....I will watch women's soccer for obvious reasons.:D

I prefer watching paint dry!!! not the girls though.
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    if Nascar came close enough to here I might like it.
    There are a couple of races in Dover DE this year.:)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    ....I will watch women's soccer for obvious reasons.:D
    Some the scenery at the races isn't half bad.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    There are a couple of races in Dover DE this year.:)

Really!, when?, what do I look for?, do certain drivers show up to certain races? I mean would some big name guys not show up cause Dover is a small track?

Wow you have me itching here.
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    Really!, when?, what do I look for?, do certain drivers show up to certain races? I mean would some big name guys not show up cause Dover is a small track?

Wow you have me itching here.
    Yes all the big names will be there.

Dates 06/03/07 and

09/23/07 http://www.doverspeedway.com/
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited May 2007
    Some the scenery at the races isn't half bad.

No kidding man.....The problem is for every hot girl there is at least one mullet-clad girl speaking fluent hick.....Really a mixed crowd...
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    Yeh unfortunetly there is also a lot of toothless wonders in attendance.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    No kidding man.....The problem is for every hot girl there is at least one mullet-clad girl speaking fluent hick.....Really a mixed crowd...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FLUENT HICK!!!! ROTFLMAO1!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007

ummmm that seems to be a pattern in these parts. . . I just moved a few months ago and one of the things I noticed was a lack of pearly whites!:eek:
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited May 2007

Yeah, while I was at Bristol there were a lot of people in attendance who floss with Q-tips....:D
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, while I was at Bristol there were a lot of people in attendance who floss with Q-tips....:D
    LOL good old Tennesee bush pigs.:D

I ve heard of similar sightings at Pocono.:D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited May 2007
    LOL good old Tennesee bush pigs.:D

I ve heard of similar sightings at Pocono.:D

...and Texas, Atlanta, Talledaga, Phoenix...etc. They find a way to the track everywhere. If we had a track that big in Arkansas they'd wallow in the infield. :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    LOL!!! You guys are brutal!!!
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited May 2007

You have to be around here man.....Otherwise the brush pigs will eat you alive...;)
  • Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited May 2007
    I live in Mobile, AL and only wish I could render in words the red-neck things I've seen through the years. BTW the track Dale JR is building is literally being built 1 mile south of my house. Oh the traffic nightmare I'm in for on race days :(
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    Yes ,but it's all Bills fault ,he started it by belittling poor mullet clad hick girls.:D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    Bamadude wrote: »
    I live in Mobile, AL and only wish I could render in words the red-neck things I've seen through the years. BTW the track Dale JR is building is literally being built 1 mile south of my house. Oh the traffic nightmare I'm in for on race days :(
    Cool what type of track is he building a half mile or mile?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Bamadude
    edited May 2007
    Cool what type of track is he building a half mile or mile?

Small track along the lines of Bristol
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • Bamadude
    edited May 2007
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited May 2007
    I hear Hyundai's coming in with a new team.................................
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited May 2007
    So Who Will Dale Jr. Drive for in 2008?

Frankly, I could give a ****. He's not that good a driver, speaks like a 'tard and has been riding his fathers coat tails since he arrived on the scene. He'll never be his father and he'll never win a championship. I wish that segment of Nascar fans would wake the eff up to those facts as the God like status they impart on him reflects poorly on the sport as a whole.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited May 2007
    As a Dale hater I agree 95%, but a small part of me says that this is the part that makes sports so much fun. It is a distraction that you don't have to apply the rules of life to. In something as inconsequential as a damn car race I think blind loyalty and undying support bordering on creepy is just fine. Of course I am a Cubs fan:o

It will be fun though to watch all the Jr. nuts going crazy when he is wheel to wheel with Kyle Petty for 38th spot every week
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2007
    I like Jr. I think he's acknowledged on a few occasions that his popularity is based solely on who his daddy is.

I also think he can win a Championship. He's come awful close a lot of times and if it werent for Brian Vickers at Taladega last year wrecking him and Johnson to win on the last lap, Jr wouldve finished 2nd or 3rd in the standings. If he gets with a good enough team he has a shot.

As for Teresa, I may have to take back my previous remarks. I was doing a little reading and turns out Teresa married Dale Sr back in 1982 when DEI was only 2 years old. She took over running the business end of it and her and Dale Sr built it from the ground up. Knowing that, I understand why she wouldnt want to just hand over 51% ownership.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    I like Jr. I think he's acknowledged on a few occasions that his popularity is based solely on who his daddy is.

I also think he can win a Championship. He's come awful close a lot of times and if it werent for Brian Vickers at Taladega last year wrecking him and Johnson to win on the last lap, Jr wouldve finished 2nd or 3rd in the standings. If he gets with a good enough team he has a shot.

As for Teresa, I may have to take back my previous remarks. I was doing a little reading and turns out Teresa married Dale Sr back in 1982 when DEI was only 2 years old. She took over running the business end of it and her and Dale Sr built it from the ground up. Knowing that, I understand why she wouldnt want to just hand over 51% ownership.

I like Jr as well.He is not as talented as Sr was or JG or TS but I think he is in the top ten talent wise and given a competitive car could win a championship.He is popular because he is a likable guy not a loud mouth.

Obviously for some reason Sr wanted Theresa to have 51% ownership not Jr.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited May 2007
    After watching Mark Martin switch teams to only find out that if he had not been so loyal to Jack he may have won his illusive Championship Junior has that opportunity now. Who would have thought Martin would drive this Chevy much less step away while leading the points.

Jesse you surprise me to know so much about this red neck sport of Cup racing. :) If Junior ends up with Hendrick or RCR then we will see just how good he is but at this time I agree he hasn't shown to be the caliber of driver his old man and my friend was.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2007
    Me and some buddies were talking about this at the gym yesterday. At any given NASCAR event you have over 200,000 rednecks camping out, getting drunk off their asses and you NEVER have any problems other than maybe a fight or 2. And this has been going on for 50 years!

Now you have just ONE NBA All Star game in Las Vegas and you have shootings, riots, drive by's, mass hysteria. Yet us southern boys are the ones that get the bad reputations. Go figure.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Bamadude
    edited May 2007
    I'm not a big NASCAR fan... my main sport is college football. I didn't start watching NASCAR until a couple of years ago and then only the last few laps of each race. The reason I do like Jr really has nothing to do with his dad, but rather that he's got a cool head and doesn't whine like a lot of other drivers. I can't stand to see millionaire grown-ups out there acting like 3 year old idiots... I'll spare calling names but you know what I'm talking about. I think several drivers have some class and Jr just happens to be one of them.