Comments

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited May 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    If I lived near oklahoma, I'd be all over this
    http://www.rockfeverfest.com/

what can I say..I'm an 80's metal child:D

Holy crap, that show would account for 1/4th of the hair spray industry's net income for 2007!!:eek: :eek:
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    In your backyard on July 28th!

Click Here for Details
    Thanks Carl! Peoria is a little too far for me @ 3 hours one way - if she books Bridgeview (right now its listed as TBD) I'll be there for sure.

edit - Bridgeview is SOLD OUT. So much for that idea.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited May 2007
    Halo wrote: »
    She looks / acts as if she's posessed at times. It was a fantastic show.

Yea...I could see how one might think that. That show in Chicago was actually my third time seeing her last year. The first time was also in Chicago at the Riviera Theater, and then I saw her open for Coldplay in Omaha, NE. Man was that a mis-match. She was great, but the crowd just didn't get her. After her opening set we pretty much just walked around and drank beer the whole time Coldplay was on stage. They were really mediocre. I would have to say though, that the show at the Pavilion with Damien was the best of the three.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    That was our first time @ the Charter One Pavillion. Very nice venue imo. My wife thought Fiona was NUTS but she really liked the show.

Remember that bit about the mosquitos on her piano keys? "I don't want to kill them but they keep getting in my way.....F#ckers!!!"
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited May 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Holy crap, that show would account for 1/4th of the hair spray industry's net income for 2007!!:eek: :eek:

Or most of them may have as much hair as i do now...not much:mad:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    No I know he is not from here....but it was really cool how he makes it feel like home. I think I can get you a bottle or two. I know a friend of mine just had a bottle of it last week, not sure where he got it though. He did not even know it was Maynards vineyard until someone mentioned it to him. Let me do some asking around for you and I will get back to you...if a week or two goes by just PM me with the reminder, I will make sure to hook you up.

Sweet, much appreciated. Other attempts from folks who live down there have gone sour, no pun intended.

I don't know if it's Page Spring Cellars, or which one has them, but I'm definitely looking for 2 - 3 bottles.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited May 2007
    That was our first time @ the Charter One Pavillion. Very nice venue imo. My wife thought Fiona was NUTS but she really liked the show.

Remember that bit about the mosquitos on her piano keys? "I don't want to kill them but they keep getting in my way.....F#ckers!!!"

WWWWWAAAAAAAA!

I totally forgot about that! I especially liked it when some guy came on stage to play piano while she sat behind it and cried. Man that girl is a wreck, but it sure makes for some outstanding music.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited May 2007
    Deftones at Roseland in June.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    Bridgeview is SOLD OUT.

Damn! I knew they were booked there. That's nearly 3 months from today!:eek:

Carl
    Carl

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2007
    I'm going to Lazerfest on Sunday. Hinder, Saliva, Fuel, Papa Roach, and Bullet for my Valentine, plus others.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited May 2007
    John Mayer at Red Rocks in Denver in June. My favorite venue by far.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • fireshoes
    edited May 2007
    What? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! Huh?!?
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    fireshoes wrote: »
    What? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! Huh?!?
    :D:D:D Glad you enjoyed yourself :cool: :)
  • Spacedeckman
    Spacedeckman Posts: 96
    edited May 2007
    Seeing Rush in Kansas City, Oslo, Stockholm, and Helsinki. My try to get to Alison Kraus in KC in June. Otherwise open. Been too busy to really pay attention this year. Caught Big Head Todd last fall, but missed this January due to other commitments. One of my favorite live bands.

Mark
    System:

VPI Scout/Benz Ace
    Sutherland PH2000
    Arcam CD72
    Yamaha DVD-CX1 (primarily for CD..26 lbs, all BB D/A)
    Audioprism Mantissa w/Reference PS
    Parasound HCA750 (temporary)
    Audiovector M1 Signatures
    Kimber 4TC x 2
  • bionicmushroom
    bionicmushroom Posts: 73
    edited May 2007
    TOOL July 7th in Huntington, WV. I just missed Saliva at the Monkey Bar because I have been on midnights...
    AVR: Onkyo TX-SR604/s
    Front: Polk Rt1000i
    Center: Polk CS400i
    Surround: Polk FX500i
    Subwoofer: Polk PSW110
  • POLKOROLLA
    POLKOROLLA Posts: 74
    edited May 2007
    projekt revolution in charlotte, nc in august. linkin park, my chemical romance, and many more. tickets go on sale may 19th for all dates, for anyone interested.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited May 2007
    I will be attending Bonnaroo, Roger Waters, and most likely Oz Fest..
  • fireshoes
    edited May 2007
    Seeing Rush in Kansas City, Oslo, Stockholm, and Helsinki.

Sounds like something a Yamaha rep would do. :D
  • fireshoes
    edited May 2007
    POLKOROLLA wrote: »
    projekt revolution in charlotte, nc in august.

Hope you didn't buy the new album yet. As a huge LP fan, all I can say is "Oh my god, it's bad!"
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited May 2007
    Seeing Rush in Kansas City, Oslo, Stockholm, and Helsinki.

Sounds like something a Rush forum member would do.
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited May 2007
    Just saw Lacuna Coil and Stone Sour a couple weeks ago. Today is Dimmu Borgir and Devil Driver. Life is good. HOB in Vegas is about as good as it gets.:D
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited May 2007
    Maybe no Tool for me after all :(((( I was just pulled aside and informed I "may" get to go to a large industry conference in NYC.......which overlaps with the Tool/Richmond show....

I guess I have to choose a chance to shine at work over Tool............but its a hard decision.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"