13»

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited May 2007
    Gald to hear everything went well.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    John, good to hear that everything went well,,having been on the receiving end of sinus surgery,,you won't believe how much stuff they can pack up your nose. After removal, you might experience some mild sinus type headaches, but you will fell much better,had mine done in the 70's,no problems since. Good luck. :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    had mine done in the 70's,no problems since. Good luck. :)

The 70's:eek: , that's when they used the friggin "lifter," "saws, " (which when they did I saw smoke rising) and the friggin hammer and chisel. . .ughhhh every time I think of my last nose operation, I get the heebee jeebees!!! I'll never forget that damned lifter, it looked like a tiny version of the jaws of life. The doc shoved up my nose and this thing would spread bones and cartlidge apart :eek: :eek: :eek:

They had me upright and awake in a chair with a big green sheet over me with a hole large enough for my nose and part of my eye to protrude from. I was awake the whole operation and this was the third operaton.

My cousin just had sinus surgery and she said they stuck two extra absorbant tampons up he nose for packing. I remember them pulling about 3 feet of gauzed cotton from each nostril when they unpacked it. The packing being in the sinuses was where the worst pain came from.

I'm due for more surgery. . . eff that. . .big wuss time!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited May 2007
    I'm heading in at 1pm to get the packing removed.

Thats funny you mentioned tampons, cause thats what the Doc called them. I laughed and said "Oh joy, i'm on the rag for the next day!" He got a laugh out of that!

The most uncomfortable thing right now is trying to drink anything. With my nose packed, there is no airflow. When I swallow, there is a jolt into my sinuses and ear from the pressure of swallowing.

All in all, it's not nearly as bad as I've been told. I'll have the Oxy to help on removal of the packing pain.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym and having a sinus problem free summer....and the rest of my life hopefully!

John
    No excuses!
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    I'm heading in at 1pm to get the packing removed.

Thats funny you mentioned tampons, cause thats what the Doc called them. I laughed and said "Oh joy, i'm on the rag for the next day!" He got a laugh out of that!

The most uncomfortable thing right now is trying to drink anything. With my nose packed, there is no airflow. When I swallow, there is a jolt into my sinuses and ear from the pressure of swallowing.

All in all, it's not nearly as bad as I've been told. I'll have the Oxy to help on removal of the packing pain.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym and having a sinus problem free summer....and the rest of my life hopefully!

John

When that packing comes out, you will feel euphoric and you will feel that making love afterglow. . . no kidding here!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited May 2007
    John:

Let me know how you are after the packing comes out. Like HI, I'm a serious wuss when in comes to surgury on my head and need some motivation to finally get it done (What type did you have?). Also, PM me the Doc's info as I hate my local ENT and wouldn't trust her to do it. (and my insurance would let me do it out of state)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    John:

Let me know how you are after the packing comes out. Like HI, I'm a serious wuss when in comes to surgury on my head and need some motivation to finally get it done (What type did you have?). Also, PM me the Doc's info as I hate my local ENT and wouldn't trust her to do it. (and my insurance would let me do it out of state)

There is a great ENT in New Jersey, Cherry Hill to be exact. I used to use him when I lived there. I'll try and find his info. He fixed my ear in September 2001 but I blew out his work somehow. When I woke up after the operation, I could hear out of my right ear, clearly.

EDIT: I can't for the life of me remember this doc's name.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited May 2007
    Just got back from the Doc's office. Had the packing removed.

First off, it was QUICK! He grabbed the first one, told me to keep talking to him and relax. Maybe 5 seconds later the first was out. Same thing for the second one. Was very uncomfortable, but not horrendous like some people have told me. He used a sucking tool to get out some remaining "stuff" and told me to breathe.

WOW!!!! My nose is crystal clear! Simply amazing!!!

The Doc said I had quite a mess up there, but he performed a work of art. I can totally feel it. I have a few small stitches inside of my left nostril that will disolve over a few weeks and thats it! May be a little swelling overnight for a few days, but shouldn't be bad.

I just had my first big meal in almost 2 days. You have no idea how amazing that chicken, mashed taters and broccoli tasted!

Anyone contemplating on having it done and have been told they should...DO IT! This time yesterday I came out of surgery. I'm now breathing freely! The one night of discomfort of having that packing in is NOTHING! Don't let anyone scare you.

Jdhdiggs, you have a PM.

Off to get some good sleep now!

John
    No excuses!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Congrats
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Glad to hear it John.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    Congrats! Happy Breathing!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2007
    Glad to hear it's all good broham.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.