Alec Baldwin.

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2007
    I hate em both. Bassinger and Baldwin are a bunch of dolts. She's being a **** about the divorce and he's just a moron. Im sure the little girl is being a brat but this is what you get when you raise a child with time out as the "big punishment". To quote the late, great Robin Harris, "You got to beat yo kids!"
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2007
    Hummm, Alec Baldwin, Alec Baldwin, Alec Baldwin... Lets see... lemme think... Yeah, yeah, I know of the ASSHAT. I thought the name rang a bell. Yeah, ASSHAT Baldwin. Whata stand up guy.

I'm impressed.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
    Alec Baldwin is one of my favorites. Glengarry Glen Ross 4 eva!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TROhlThs9qY
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited April 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    I dont know man. I hate Alec Baldwin for most of his political stances, but I think I feel his pain here

gotta look at the whole picture.

what he did was wrong, flat out wrong, but can we not look into history and see that during divorces, custodial parents can handle things in a way that are solely planned to drive the other parent nuts?

and why the hell was this so quickly released to the press? I smell a rat.

there is more to this story than just the audio clip. again, he was wrong, I wont argue that, but I think he was driven to a snapping point, which can often happen to divorced couples, where one spouse just relishes in torturing the other, wether it hurts the kid or not. see it to often to discount the possibility in this case.

I think you hit that on the head
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited April 2007
    Personally, I now have more respect for Mr. Baldwin than I ever did before. Granted, my choice of words would have been slightly different, the simple fact that he is trying to be a father speaks volumes.

I am sure that there are many (Hollywood) children that would love to be yelled at by their father and/or mother rather than never hear from them at all.

Maybe if we had some more parents willing to discipline their children this country and world would have a lot less Eric's, Dylan's, and Cho's!

Kim, IMHO, is much more at fault in this situation and has made a very minimal occurence a major internationally known ordeal. I am sure w/o a doubt that Kim actually made her daughter NOT answer the phone to drive him to this rant.

What did anyone gain from this situation at all??
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited April 2007
    ....the simple fact that he is trying to be a father speaks volumes.

I would hardly call that kind of speech, and abuse fatherly.
    Maybe if we had some more parents willing to discipline their children this country and world would have a lot less Eric's, Dylan's, and Cho's!

I agree with the above, however what he was doing was not "discipline", it was straight up demeaning, and abusive. To say: "You are a rude, thoughtless little pig." and "You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being," to your 11 year old daughter is flat out wrong. There are more effective ways to discipline a child that will still leave them with some self-respect, and a true incentive to do the right thing.
    I am sure w/o a doubt that Kim actually made her daughter NOT answer the phone to drive him to this rant.

"w/o a doubt"??? That's nothing but pure speculation!!! I don't deny that her decision to make this public, and to use her own daughter as leverage is in bad taste. But I'm sorry the above statement is just ridiculous.

What did anyone gain from this situation at all??

Exactly!!! Baldwin proved that he is a pathetic excuse for a father. Basinger is showing the levels to which she is willing to stoop. Last but certainly not least...the daughter probably feels more animosity towards her parents, and therefore has even less desire to please them by doing what's right, and to top it all off.....no doubt feels worse about herself than she did before.

It just KILLS me that some people neglect to see what they are doing to their own children.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2007
    Maybe it's just me but I've never had one ounce of respect for the dolt and, well, I can't say I have even less now because not having any to start out with rather limits me.
  • Nisqually Dave
    Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
    edited April 2007
    I find it interesting that there are those who will defend him on this. He has made himself a public figure as an actor and also as an activist, He has chosen to tell us how we should live and what is right and wrong.

When you set yourself above everone else then you can expect to be treated the way he has been treated. He also went on to abuse Kim Basinger and threaton to come out and take care of her.

As for her releasing this it was a court record, It was supposed to be sealed but any one of many at the court could have sold it for big bucks?

Finally I have been through the trials of divorce with kids involved and it is terrible. But this was over the top, and he deserves the abuse he is recieving now.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2007
    I lost it for THAT Baldwin a while back. He makes me sick. Want to get my blood boiling...start a conversation about that a*shole.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2007
    BTW....almost EVERYBODY in Georgia HATES that Bassinger biotch!!! Go and but a town somewhere else Ho. A transplanted DAMN Yankee by way of Cali. Sorry....didn't mean any offence to those from north of Tennessee or west of Mississippi. Did I spell all that right? They just piss me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited April 2007
    this shitbird losing his temper and being a belligerent fool is nothing new and shouldn't surprise anyone.

there's not much left to say here except that i think the girl is young enough that the mother is responsible to have her ready to talk to her father at the scheduled time. if the answering machine pick-up happens as often as baldwin says there's no reason that he isn't mentally prepared to behave better and focus his attention where it belongs, getting mom to understand her responsibility. even if he can't get it right with his ex and she tries to instigate blow-ups like this, instead of dragging his daughter into this and giving her more reason to not to want to talk to him, he has the means and track record to know to and build a paper trail to let the court do it.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited April 2007
    Eight years ago Alec went on the Letterman show was bashing George W. and stated that he would move out of the country if GWB was elected President. If I were the judge, I'd tell him to get the eff out of the USA and come back on 2009 and I'll see you in court. What a jagoff!
    Carl

• THX 3417
    THX 3417 Posts: 219
    edited May 2007
    He’s not a bad actor like “The Getaway” and “The Hunt for Red October”
    “some place deep, some place deep”.
  • marcpam
    marcpam Posts: 228
    edited May 2007
    cmy330go wrote: »
    Brat or not....That's unacceptable.

you are the type of parent whos kid is running wild because you are afraid of tough love and spanking your kids. I can see in the future and your kids will be drop outs and bums. You are the prime reason why America is so soft and laws are unbelievably a joke. You are too quick to jump to conclusions and don't give YOUR OWN KIDS a time to speak there side if they do wrong. You are a dispicable human.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
    I dunno. "The Hunt for Red October" left me disappointed and I blame both the actor and the director for that. The book had a faster pace and kept me more interested.

Alec Baldwin has always stuck me as a dry actor. Beetle Juice and his voice in Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within are the only memorable titles I have enjoyed.
  • THX 3417
    edited May 2007
    Oh I see. Is it true he’s into politics and is he running for governor or mayor?
  • Polk65
    edited May 2007
    Baldwin is one of those actor's that project themselves as expert authority figures on social or global issues. As for running for office I haven't heard but it's a citizen's birthright. Kudo's to Sarkozy, he's got a pair.
  • THX 3417
    edited May 2007
    Well I hope not he looked chilling in “Mercury Rising” a real evil villain he played as a, government covert black ops with supercomputer that can encode a signal within multiply interchanges within milliseconds. It’s a smashing film worth a view and a good score by John Barry.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    Who dug this one up?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Polk65
    edited May 2007
    Beetle Juice !
    Beetle Juice !
    Beetle Juice !
  • cmy330go
    edited May 2007
    marcpam wrote: »
    you are the type of parent whos kid is running wild because you are afraid of tough love and spanking your kids. I can see in the future and your kids will be drop outs and bums. You are the prime reason why America is so soft and laws are unbelievably a joke. You are too quick to jump to conclusions and don't give YOUR OWN KIDS a time to speak there side if they do wrong. You are a dispicable human.

Do you really think it's wise to make comments like that about someone you do not know at all?:rolleyes: I can only assume you're doing it just to stir up some attention for yourself. In the meantime I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and give an honest response to your pathetic post.

Nowhere in this thread did I say I was against punishing a child. It just so happens I'm a strong believer in punishment such as spanking, grounding, etc. However....verbal/mental abuse is unacceptable. Tearing down a child that probably already suffers from low self-esteem (like so many from broken homes do) can have serious long term effects. Those who resort to tearing their children down verbally are weak, and damaged themselves, and should not be allowed to raise kids.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    Do you really think it's wise to make comments like that about someone you do not know at all?:rolleyes: I can only assume you're doing it just to stir up some attention for yourself. In the meantime I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and give an honest response to your pathetic post.

Nowhere in this thread did I say I was against punishing a child. It just so happens I'm a strong believer in punishment such as spanking, grounding, etc. However....verbal/mental abuse is unacceptable. Tearing down a child that probably already suffers from low self-esteem (like so many from broken homes do) can have serious long term effects. Those who resort to tearing their children down verbally are weak, and damaged themselves, and should not be allowed to raise kids.

Classy reply to a dirty post.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• marcpam
    edited May 2007

:P :P
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Classy reply to a dirty post.

I'm still waiting for the dirty reply.
  • marcpam
    edited May 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the dirty reply.

• Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2007
    This guy has proven himself to be a first class jerk on so many occasions in the past, I wasn't the least bit surprised to hear this tape. What I really wish is he would've kept his word and moved to France when Bush got elected the second time.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited May 2007
    Father of the Year Nominee
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • cmy330go
    edited May 2007
    Seems I was right.
    HT

2 CH
  • marcpam
    edited May 2007
    Seems I was right.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2007
    marcpam wrote: »

Brilliant post. Was alcohol involved?
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.