Alec Baldwin.

cmy330go
cmy330go Posts: 2,341
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Anyone heard the Alec Baldwin voicemail message to his daughter?

LINK

I don't think I'll be watching any of his work ever again. There is just no excuse for talking to a kid like that.
HT
Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
Post edited by cmy330go on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
    Little brat probably deserved it.
  • cmy330go
    edited April 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Little brat probably deserved it.

Brat or not....That's unacceptable.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2007
    I dont know man. I hate Alec Baldwin for most of his political stances, but I think I feel his pain here

gotta look at the whole picture.

what he did was wrong, flat out wrong, but can we not look into history and see that during divorces, custodial parents can handle things in a way that are solely planned to drive the other parent nuts?

and why the hell was this so quickly released to the press? I smell a rat.

there is more to this story than just the audio clip. again, he was wrong, I wont argue that, but I think he was driven to a snapping point, which can often happen to divorced couples, where one spouse just relishes in torturing the other, wether it hurts the kid or not. see it to often to discount the possibility in this case.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited April 2007
    I honestly have no clue as to what history is behind them as I don't keep track of celebrity happenings. But, that sounds about the norm for Hollywood crap.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited April 2007
    ... I really don't see what the problem is, I've heard this many times from my mother when I was younger( and no I'm not a complete pyscho :p that hates her, we had(and still have) a great relationship). She (for what we know from him) always disrespects him, I think she deserves it.

Just a quick question, wasn't there quite a few threads on the forum saying how kids can do whatever they want these days? He didn't beat her to death, he's a father, and he wants her to respect him. I'm more surprised that this recording was even released.

just my 2 cents
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2007
    I try to ignore actors' political and personal lives when regarding their work. If I didn't watch movies involving people I didn't like or agree with, I wouldn't watch anything.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • ohskigod
    edited April 2007
    tommyboy wrote: »
    ... I'm more surprised that this recording was even released.

just my 2 cents

DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!! thats correct :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • bobman1235
    edited April 2007
    Baldwin claims his ex-wife (Basinger) released it to make him look bad.
  • cmy330go
    edited April 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Baldwin claims his ex-wife (Basinger) released it to make him look bad.

Which it does.

To yell at, and punish a child is one thing. To speak abusively, and tear them down is another.
    HT

2 CH
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
    Don't spank them, don't yell at them, just make them sit by themselves for 5 minutes and everything will be ok. :rolleyes:
  • ohskigod
    edited April 2007
    parents make mistakes, they lose it, say things in the heat of the moment. judging him to be a bad father overall based on a snippet recording released ON PURPOSE for the sole reason of damaging an ex you loathe would be wrong. again, what he said was wrong, but I'm looking at all aspects. The childs interests were NOT the motivating factor of releasing that tape, plain and simple.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2007
    Alec Baldwin - Father of the Year :rolleyes:

"You are a rude, thoughtless little pig."

"You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being,"

Never in my life have I been so upset with my children to have uttered these words. All it takes to be a father is sperm. It takes a lot more to be a parent. Baldwin is definitely lacking in the latter.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited April 2007
    Oh...the rant was because...
    Baldwin was apparently upset that she did not answer her phone for a planned call.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ohskigod
    edited April 2007
    an angry parent losing it, coupled with typical arrogance (and hollywood arrogance at that), is pretty much what we got here.

the important thing is that Alec know he was wrong to say what he said.

and perhaps not releasing family info to the public out of vindictivness would be prudent too.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    I dont know man. I hate Alec Baldwin for most of his political stances, but I think I feel his pain here

gotta look at the whole picture.

what he did was wrong, flat out wrong, but can we not look into history and see that during divorces, custodial parents can handle things in a way that are solely planned to drive the other parent nuts?

and why the hell was this so quickly released to the press? I smell a rat.

there is more to this story than just the audio clip. again, he was wrong, I wont argue that, but I think he was driven to a snapping point, which can often happen to divorced couples, where one spouse just relishes in torturing the other, wether it hurts the kid or not. see it to often to discount the possibility in this case.

Agreed, not a fan at all of Baldwin, but I think as a parent he has every right to discipline his kid. I didn't realize parents weren't allowed to swear. I have heard a lot worse from my dad when I was a little **** as a kid. He called her a pig? Oh noes...she'll probably never recover and have all sorts of self esteem issues.

Quite frankly, I'm more surprised to hear that Baldwin actually lets his balls drop from time to time.

I can also relate to the divorce thing. The last paragraph is spot on. Usually one parent moves on and the other spends a lifetime trying to get the other one. Kids are the easiest leverage in that, however wrong that may be. :(
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited April 2007
    I thought kids suffered in all divorces. Apparently its only celebrity children.

My parents are still happily married and so am I so I definitely won't begin to judge someone else who is going through it.
  • shack
    edited April 2007
    PhantomOG wrote: »
    I thought kids suffered in all divorces. Apparently its only celebrity children.

Kids are often pawns in divorces...through NO FAULT of their own. Unfortunately, too often what is best for the kids (who probably would rather have both their parents...not fighting) is secondary to the "wants" of the combative adults.

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
    ^^^

That's exactly it.

I guess the one thing is that this is his daughter and not his son. I do think discipline needs to be different for girls than boys.

He was wrong, but I don't think he deserves to get raked over the coals for it either. He's trying to be a dad, which is more than can be said for a lot of folks, and for whatever reason the kid ignores him. That's disrespectful on behalf of the kid and I can see why he's pissed off. Who knows what role his ex-wife plays in it.

Of all the things he said, the worst was saying a negative thing about her mother. My dad and mom were both guilty of that when I was growing up and it's what I hated the most.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited April 2007
    I'd like to know what the kid did before I make judgement. (Eventhough I would never talk to my kids like that. )
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2007
    I learned a long time ago that if your not around to see what made it happen the do not judge what you do not know. "those without sin throw the first stone"
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited April 2007
    If this was released by Kim Basinger, one has to ask why. If that's the case, look no further on who deserves the bad parent label. The #1 rule is not ever use your kids to try to hurt your ex.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited April 2007
    If Alec is upset with the ex-, and gave her a good rant, that'd be one thing.

But with the "you're a rude, thoughtless little pig" thing, and the "I'm going to come out there and straighten you out" ditty, he put himself smack dab at ground zero for Crap City.
    Sal Palooza
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited April 2007
    Exactly Sami, Kim Bassinger is as much to blame for releasing it as he is for saying it (at least in my book.) There was no need for the public to ever hear that.......and of course he crossed the line as well.....

In the end, I feel sorry for the kids. I'd give up all the $$ in the world for the good, wholesome upbringing my parents worked very hard to give my sister and I growing up. I just don't think Hollywood kids have that wholesome upbringing as an option; considering how often the parents just aren't there....That must be a weird world to grow up in.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited April 2007
    I think that was totally uncalled for regardless of her age or what she might have done. I don't feel a child, or anyone for that matter, deserves to be talked to that way. He's suppose to be the adult.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited April 2007
    Just the fact that he left what he said on an answering machine really says alot about what kind of person he must be. Like I said, I don't know what the kid did. But saying things like that to your kid is not a sign of a good characture. To leve something like that on the machine....thats just a hot head blowing off steam in words that are damaging to his kid. Just my 2 cents.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited April 2007
    http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/0419_baldwin.mp3 (NOT SAFE FOR WORK)

It's a shame, whomever is to blame. My guess is Basinger has custody of the child, and probably fills her mind with contempt for Baldwin on a 24/5 basis (deserved or not? - who knows). Another family down the drain. :(
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • bobman1235
    edited April 2007
    I'd love to see what would be revealed if the whole world ever had a view into any of your most vulnerable moments when you said or did something stupid.

I'm not defending what he said, it's reprehensible, but we all have our moments of weakness where we make mistakes. From what I've heard about this situation between Baldwin and Basinger, it's been an absolute nightmare, even the strongest of us crack eventually, even if it is aimed at an innocent person.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2007
    Unless a child can legally be employed and bring money into the home, they are of no value to me. Good for him.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • liordra
    liordra Posts: 152
    edited April 2007
    cmy330go wrote: »
    I don't think I'll be watching any of his work ever again.

so, basically no more SNL for you.

btw, there is a nice mischa burton nip slip picture in that site:cool:
  • cmy330go
    edited April 2007
    liordra wrote: »
    so, basically no more SNL for you.

btw, there is a nice mischa burton nip slip picture in that site:cool:

I never watch SNL. Too many hours of stupidity between laughs.
    HT

2 CH