Polk Forum before this one?

13»

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2007
    Wait a minute I remember the just before switch over page, I must have done some looking around first before I joined. So there Mr. Grand I should count. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2007
    And, I do believe that Tyrone Thompson still has an old photo album on our SDA club site, as well as other's.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited April 2007
    Damn, how did I miss this thread? Oh yeah, I'm ripping everything I have into my iPod!

I've kinda wondered what happened to Aaron. My parents still have the CS350ls I bought from Ty.

Just think, a few of us have been hanging around this place for damn near ten years! :eek:

I remember Mike and Bob's unExcite page. Now it's combined on Yahell, more or less. George hooked me up with some Carver owner's manuals and Bob recommended the AA DLC I still use this day. I got lucky on it as it has a CIA power supply that's even better than the PS4!

Chuck, yep, Partywaggin = I-SIG! :D Maybe I need to get Justin to change it.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Nisqually Dave
    Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
    edited April 2007
    Hey have you guys relized how old we are all getting. I will twenty next week, (not).

I am proud of myself I got you guys all talking about the times back then. I am sitting here listing to my system you guys help me setup back then, I am in the process of updating parts of it now but it still sounds great. It still drives my Old lady crazy when I am watching Bladerunner are a good volume at 2:00 AM.

Whoo does she get mad.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2007
    Wow Wes, good memory! You remembered the days of calling it the unExcite site after we heard they were deleting all of the private sites (including the two SDA sites) and going to a new format.

And yes, the Yahoo club site was only a half hearted attempt to replace the unExcite sites. By then the Polk site was where we hung out the most for discussions. However, they didn't have a "member's showcase" back then and we did so that's where Polkies got to show off their systems. After Polk developed their showcase section (copy cats :p ) there was even less need for the Yahoo site.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited April 2007
    BobMcG wrote: »
    Wow Wes, good memory! You remembered the days of calling it the unExcite site after we heard they were deleting all of the private sites (including the two SDA sites) and going to a new format.

And yes, the Yahoo club site was only a half hearted attempt to replace the unExcite sites. By then the Polk site was where we hung out the most for discussions. However, they didn't have a "member's showcase" back then and we did so that's where Polkies got to show off their systems. After Polk developed their showcase section (copy cats :p ) there was even less need for the Yahoo site.

I bet I haven't logged into unExcite in over a year. Does anyone even use it anymore?:confused:

Yeah, speaking of the system showcase, I need to get off my **** put one up now that I'm probably gonna let it be for awhile, unless I find that DAC Lush recommends.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2007
    Wes, I often think about Aaron. He's probably rolling in cash. If anybody met that young man in person it was obvious he was destined for big things.

You still got the SUMO "Charlie" tuna I sold you?

DJ or whatever your name is....nah, you still don't count.