Polk Forum before this one?

Nisqually Dave
Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
I am curious, I believe that I belonged to the Polk forum prior to the one that we use now. I had forgot my Info from back then and rejoined this one. I also had received a paper that was sent by E mail back then from polk, with what was going on and new stufff coming out?

I rejoined in 2004, and have just gotten back into it lately and remember a few of the charactors of the past ( It got pretty crazy back then but fun)

I would like to find out if there is a way to track down my old profile without looking through 7500 names to find one that is familier to me.

Nisqually Dave
Post edited by Nisqually Dave on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    All the old stuff prior to July 2001 is GONE....too bad because there was some REALLY funny shiite there.

Some of the old guys are still here...

RonP - Falcon
    George Grand - George Grand/Tony Rome
    Darrin - dbartol
    gidrah
    Bob McG
    I-Sig - partywaggin
    Russman

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Nisqually Dave
    edited April 2007
    That must be where my info went I do remember some of the names, of course Russman can you guess why.

One of the old timers was a retired Airforce Guy also.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2007
    George Grand
    MadMax
    BobMcG (and Mike - the bro's McGowan)
    RonP
    Darrin
    John Strong
    Wes

Who am I forgetting? Those guys were OLD TIMERS when I showed up.

Edit - Troy has the list going.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2007
    Dang it! What timing. Just sometime back during this winter I was cleaning out a bunch of old papers and shredded a couple with the names of most of the CP members prior to 2001. :eek: I couldn't think of a reason to keep holding onto them. Now I wish I hadn't. :(

Dave, is it that you don't remember your user name from back then? :confused:

BobMcG, formerly/originally rwmcg from CP years gone by. :)
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited April 2007
    I was there. I've got the T-shirt to prove it.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    All the old stuff prior to July 2001 is GONE....too bad because there was some REALLY funny shiite there.

Some of the old guys are still here...

RonP - Falcon
    George Grand - George Grand/Tony Rome
    Darrin - dbartol
    gidrah
    Bob McG
    I-Sig - partywaggin
    Russman

BDT

and Nascarmann
    RIP
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2007
    I never placed partywagon with I-Sig... Cool!

I remember seeing the new name RuSsMaN and thinking WTF is wrong with that guy, doesn't he know how use the caps button??? Ha Ha, now I just read the posts and think WTF.

My first post was to send someone an owners manual I had. Sure enough I needed one for a different speaker the next week and either Bob or Mike set me up.

I remember darrin and his damn remote, bob and mike, partywagon, GG of the jersy grands, snake (dare I even bring it up) and falcon. Probably more if I saw the names.

Cool old time for all back then!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Nisqually Dave
    edited April 2007
    Yes, I had been pretty active back then. about the same time I had joined audiogon and one other. I had joined them from info from this forum. For the life of me I can"t remember it. It may not even be in the list of names for the this forum either.

Nisqually Dave
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2007
    I remember a name very similar to nisqually or (something)dave but can't put my finger on it. Might be something totally different anyway.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2007
    There was a good guy named John Bonaci. There was Frozen Willie, the bicycle salesman from Canada. Joe the Sequel, a big goofy kid who brought his mom and dad with him to my house to buy stereo stuff. That was a treat. I'm out in the garage with his dad, and I hear this non-stop "clicking" sound. Driving me nuts. I finally realized that in the middle of the summer, this guys teeth are clacking a mile a minute. Couldn't get them out of the house fast enough. Strange crowd. I named him Joe the Sequel cause we already had a guy named Joe aboard.

We're very fortunate not to have Snake around anymore. He once confided in me that before his "terrible accident", his favorite thing was to drag other people out of their cars and beat the **** out of them. He was almost bedridden, and had plenty of time to do things like "I can find anything out about anybody", and then proceeded to prove it to me by calling my home.

We are very UNFORTUNATE not to have dbartol (Darrin the Lunatic) around anymore. He was a good friend, loved to help me pound on Snake, and was ABOUT the funniest SOB I have ever met. Anybody remember when his alter-ego was "So Hot Guy"? What a freakin' crackpot!

This was all in 1999, pre-dating Russ, Troy, Doro, F1, and a lot of others you have come to know as the core of the Polk Forum.

The more I look at the name Nisqually Dave, the more I seem to remember it.

We're also missing Aaron Sherrick from way back. He was also a good guy.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2007
    Wow George, you've been around here forever! How cool is that?!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • TroyD
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, those guys go back WAY before me. I entered the scene Dec. of 1999 and things were well established back then. George and the bros McG were the ringleaders.

Darrin pops in here from time to time...

BDT
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited April 2007
    what am I chopped liver
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • George Grand
    edited April 2007
    Wes, Falcon, Max, and The Bros. McG were here prior to me.

Not quite as cool as saying Sistuh Cathy, with the emphasis on the tuh part.

No Russ, you're just so eminently...........................forgettable.

Mike McG was not quite as accomodating as Brother Bob. Mike was a good guy, but he didn't take **** from anyone, so I started calling him Fireball Mike.
  • TroyD
    edited April 2007
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    what am I chopped liver

Sort of....that's right Hoosier was the man with the 1.2tl's...and then another set and then another set...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,434
    edited April 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Wow George, you've been around forever!

That's what I keep reminding him of when he starts with the, "you're older than me" stuff.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2007
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    what am I chopped liver

Don't worry I was thinking the same thing.

But they listed some heavy weights, so lite weight's didn't make the list. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• George Grand
    edited April 2007
    2002 join dates don't count there DJ (or whatever your name is).

Jesse is older than I am.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2007

Jesse is older than I am.

Yep, I am just a newb. George and Jesse are older than me, and it shows.

When I remember all the "flashes in the pan posters" who I have seen make a whirlwind tour of the club since I joined, it just makes me/you appreciate just how long some of these members having been making Club Polk go, making it what it is.

Its always a good thing to have the "history" rocks around.

RT1
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2007
    I can't even remember when the old forum started.

There was alot of SDA chat with the McG brothers carrying the load. They were the authority around the old forum on that.

George Grand was lighting it up along with Hoosier. I just dug out some old copies of the "Carver Sonic Holography" CD I made copies of and mailed out to a bunch of people. I guess you could call that the early stages of forum "Karma." I still have the original CD by the way (circa 1988) stored away. I'll post a photo of it tonight.

I scored my SDA SRS 2.3's from local Baltimore member Tyrone Thompson (who hasn't been around here for years) back in 2000. I scored my Carver m1.5t amp from someone on here. Hoosier, was that you? I keep thinking it was.

Too long ago to remember names. I'm getting up there with Jesse. Mind is fading....

John
    No excuses!
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited April 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    I just dug out some old copies of the "Carver Sonic Holography" CD I made copies of and mailed out to a bunch of people.

I played my copy just 2 weeks ago.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited April 2007
    ...We are very UNFORTUNATE not to have dbartol (Darrin the Lunatic) around anymore. He was a good friend, loved to help me pound on Snake,....

This would make a good quote in some one's signature.:D
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2007

Thanks George for straighting me out.... DJ or Mud. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,805
    edited April 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    I can't even remember when the old forum started.

John

It had to have started some time in mid 1998 because I remember stopping by the site. What makes me remember it? I had just gotten my Thunderbird and was upgrading the stereo and I did that in March/April 1998. I was trying to get info on my dB3065's in early 1998 and the forum was up and down and having nothing but problems. I signed up but never really posted because it was so unreliable at first. I came back in 2001 looking for info again and things were vastly different and I guess the new forum had just been put up. I saw about 5 posts from Nascarmann before he disappeared and then we found out he passed on.

No, I haven't been around here that long but I was surfing the 'net long before surfing the 'net was cool. I've been "online" since about 1991 before the 'net was the 'net that we know and love today.

I'm gonna hit up the Internet wayback machine later today and see if I can't find archives of the old Polk Audio sites. That'll have the forums.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited April 2007
    I'm still listening to my $100 Monitor 10 series 2's with original stands that I purchased (cash-n-carry) from Wangotango (Scott Trigg). And, I still have the copy of the Carver Holography CD that Strong Bad sent to me. (thanks again)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited April 2007
    Scott Trigg...now there's a name everyone remembers. What an ****...
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2007
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2007
    I really miss livforfam. He was my friend:D
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited April 2007
    I did read a lot on this forum before I ever joined.

Speaking of Wango was he kin to Spyde Man or Har Navalta ?
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • TroyD
    edited April 2007
    I'm trying to think if Nascarmann predated this version of the forum? I dunno.

Those were the supposed 'free' Monitor 10's if I remember correct that ended up costing Ron 100 bucks.

Trigg was a straight up thief. Har was a paranoid loser and Spyderman was in ignorant moron.
    BDT