Math Problem

13»

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited April 2007
    appadv wrote: »
    I agree the question was confusing and made it seem like a more complex problem.
    Like I said, they aren't only testing your math and physics skills, they are testing your analytical skills as well. :)

When you look at the unit that you're supposed to get, N, and the parameters you were given (mass [kg], velocity [m/s]), you should have made the conclusion that you were missing time . N = kg*m/s^2. That leads you to the 1000 rounds per minute (1/60s). I didn't get it at first read but then again, you're supposed to read the test question more than once anyways to make sure you aren't answering to something totally different.
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited April 2007
    You go Sami you da man (math wiz) apparently !!!!!
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited April 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Like I said, they aren't only testing your math and physics skills, they are testing your analytical skills as well. :)

When you look at the unit that you're supposed to get, N, and the parameters you were given (mass [kg], velocity [m/s]), you should have made the conclusion that you were missing time . N = kg*m/s^2. That leads you to the 1000 rounds per minute (1/60s). I didn't get it at first read but then again, you're supposed to read the test question more than once anyways to make sure you aren't answering to something totally different.

Good advice!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited April 2007
    2+2=butter
    5x3=6

I`m a wiz too...!!

I have a Red Pencil Box !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool: