FS: B&K PT5 - 100% Mint

Options
2»

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited April 2007
    Options
    So, who ever buys this should utilize the loudness to **** clarity but only listen at low volume levels or else the **** magic created by said feature will be lost, correct?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,091
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Ive never personally used the loudness feature. I have no clue. :(

I guess my **** clarity just isnt up to par.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • halo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    It was the LOW volume levels needed to utilize the **** clarity wasn't it Trey? ;):p:D
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • VR3
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Dun Dun Dun -

Bam, low volumes smacks the noggin!

Unit Is Still For Sale!!!! as of 04/08
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited April 2007
    Options
    bassaholic wrote: »
    Sorry but from what I've heard we don't do the "BEST OFFER" here. Try Ebay with a low starting bid...Good luck

Hmmmm.....you must be on a different forum than I am because this is what it says in the FM Rules

Selling Guidelines

Note: Besides #1 & #2, the rest of these are just guidelines to make the sale easier.

1. You must have a total post count of 25 (contribute to the other parts of the forum) before you can sell anything in the "For Sale (FS) Classifieds" or "Garage Sale" forums.
    2. List a price you wish to sell the item (include shipping costs). All members asking for secret bids (like ebay) will have their items removed.
    3. A price + OBO (or best offer) is OK. Please handle "best offers" through private messages.
    4. Post pictures of equipment with manual cords, etc..
    5. Give approximate age of item you are selling.
    6. State whether you are original owner.
    7. State condition of equipment (be honest if there is damage).
    8. Once the sale is complete, please post "SOLD" at the beginning or end of your thread.

I believe #3 should clear things up. Perhaps a PM should have been sent, but it's OK to list a price and accept the best offer. He didn't say best bid.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2007
    Options
    According to my Audiophile Bible, Chapter Knobs and Switches, Verses 2-5, and I quote:

"Thou shalt not use any Loudness contour controls for anything other than late night, reduced level listening in thy home. Thou must only be listening at reduced level to not spite or disturb thy family or dwelling mates, while attempting to still retain attack and impact of the selection being played. Otherwise, thou is a poser audiophile and will be banished from the kingdom of audio for one thousand years, or until rapture when Henry Kloss will return to earth, forgiving us all, and granting us passage to the uber rig in the sky"
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Someone needs to buy this ;)
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I've got 63 cents, some pocket lint, and a couple of chunks of something I don't recognize from my coat pocket ........ will that buy it :rolleyes:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • VR3
    edited April 2007
    Options
    It might buy a picture of it.

Its a shame I displayed them publicly.

Great preamp folks - good sound. Only reason Im upgrading is its time for me to move on. Its hard for me to get to that point though. The rig sounds so good right now.

• Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Trey,

If this isn't taken I will take it for $250 shipped.

PM me with your info again, I don't think I still have it from the XCD-88.

Thanks.

Jared
  • VR3
    edited April 2007
    Options
  • halo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Gaara - Njoy the **** clarity @ LOW volumes! ;):):D
  • VR3
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Im gonna miss that **** clarity
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    edited April 2007
    Options
    dammit i miss the good stuff again! At least the hookah bar was fun tonite!
  • VR3
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I have alot of return customers.

Cool.

You guys rock.

• Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Halo wrote: »
    Gaara - Njoy the **** clarity @ LOW volumes! ;):):D

That's hilarious!

Gaara,

I hope you enjoy the B&K. Its an absolutely great piece - I heard it in person - excellent condition, phenomenal sound...Funny how like minds think alike; we both have an XBR960 and want Trey's preamp.

Trey - Congrats!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Thanks guys, been looking for a good 2ch pre with remote for a while. Going to be going to a 2-ch ht system with the Sony SXRD I got a few months back.

Jared
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I have alot of return customers.

Cool.

You guys rock.

you are correct, sid

BTW I never told you thanks for the behringer monitors, I asked you top reply to my pm but you never did. I have a question about the standby function. They arrive with only a small dent in the bottom corner of one of them, boxes utterly destroyed.
  • VR3
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I never received a message???

Do you have pictures? Lets take this to email.

vr3mxdmicblce2k7@gmail.com
  • VR3
    edited April 2007
    Options

$250 SHIPPED CONUS
  • VR3
    edited April 2007
    Options
    UNIT IS SOLD!!!!
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Ya think :):):) Good on you. Sounds like your system is really coming together.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • VR3
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Thanks

Yeah I am still debating whether or not to get the Odyssey.

I think I may end up breaking down and getting it though.

Will decide soon. Have to.