The B*tch is Serious!

schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,335
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
WASHINGTON - Shattering previous records, Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton collected $26 million for her presidential campaign during the first three months of the year and transferred an additional $10 million from her Senate fundraising account, aides said Sunday.

The New York senator's total included $4.2 million raised through the Internet. The campaign did not specify how much of the $36 million was available only for the primary election and how much could be used just in the general election, if she were the party's nominee.

The amount outdistanced past presidential election records and set a high bar by which to measure the fundraising abilities of her chief rivals.

Carl

Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2007
    I threw up in my mouth :eek:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited April 2007
    I don't see her having a snowball's chance in Hades of winning.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2007
    Think of the absolute power she WOULD have, had she left Bill, like most women would have done.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2007
    I really really really hope she doesnt win.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2007
    I dunno. She might win it. She's very popular, and her chances of winning grow as more people speak out against her. The last presidential election is a great example of this.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited April 2007
    heh heh. oh brother. don't tell the truth about them or them or they'll win...

)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/02/23/MNGCAO9NS71.DTL
    "The Clintons have made it very clear that, in the political world, no dalliances are allowed. There is zero tolerance for that,'' Huffington laughed. "It's sheer loyalty versus sheer fear.''

And it's reinforced, she said by the "constant e-mails being sent out about the senator's poll numbers, along with the implication that 'if you give any money to anybody else, you're on the outs.' And that when she is the nominee, and when she's the president, she will remember."

A veteran California Democratic campaign strategist -- speaking only on condition of anonymity because of clients he represents -- agreed.

The message from the Clinton campaign, particularly its chairman, Terry McAuliffe, has been blunt, the strategist said, "that you're with us or against us. This isn't one of those races that you can max out (in contributions) to all the candidates. The message from Team Hillary is: We're ahead, we're going to be the nominee -- and we will remember who our friends are.''
  • Rivrrat
    edited April 2007
    Actually, I don't think she'll get the nomination. Most frontrunners this early implode, and when she hits the trail, her and Bill's skeletons are going to come out of the closet. Nobody can mount a smear campaign like a Dem, and she's going to be roadkill.

She's already backtracking on war statements and promises, I can't wait to see what else comes out.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited April 2007
    I hope she does become the nominee. That will guarantee the next president will be a Republican.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited April 2007
    looks like she`s doing what she caught Bill doing
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited April 2007
    I dont care what her last name is and I don't care what anyone says when people get to the machine, this country is not liberal enough to elect a female President of an African American. People say things in public "I would vote for Colin Powell for Pres.", but they will do an entirely different thing in private. As for loyalty NO ONE is as loyal as George W. It has been proven time and time again that MOST not all of his appointments were were to friends who were less qualified than others who were available for the positions. Not saying it is right, it's politics.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited April 2007
    I've got one vote, and it won't be for her.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2007
    My vote is going elsewhere as well.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited April 2007
    Mine is too and I am a Dem.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2007
    Me too and i am a woman. I would love to see a woman president and I think we are close to being ready...but not her.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2007
  • Rivrrat
    edited April 2007
    Unfortunately, Rudy's goose is already cooked too. I don't think the religious right of the pub party is going to put up with his marital history.

Another early front runner about to implode.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Why doesn't she put her money where her mouth is and use that money like when she said she would take the oil company profits and use them for . . . She can't win. . .no sane Republican no matter how pist off at the current administration would vote for her.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Rivrrat wrote:
    Unfortunately, Rudy's goose is already cooked too. I don't think the religious right of the pub party is going to put up with his marital history.

Another early front runner about to implode.

I hope that wouldn't be true 'cause he has proven he can take care of business. NOT THAT KIND!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Early B. wrote:
    She's very popular,

In New York and New Liberal I mean New England maybe.
  • Rivrrat
    edited April 2007
    I hope that wouldn't be true 'cause he has proven he can take care of business. NOT THAT KIND!!!

I was listening to the radio Fri, and he was getting grilled by the press for refusing to give out the details of how he met his current wife.

It's just beginning for Rudy. It may really be nobody's business, but it is a presidential race.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited April 2007
    Fireman32 wrote:
    Go RUDY!!

Are you crazy?
    Do you know what this man stands for?
    I am a new yorker, i lived and was employed under the ruleship of rudy giuliani for 8 years as mayor.
    No mayor in new york history had ever divided the city as he did.
    This man will set back this country back into the mcarthy/hoover era if he becomes president. I believe he won'twin because his political views are too liberal for this country at this time.
    I'm a democrat who has crossed party lines to favor the better political candidate. As of yet, i believe we don't have any good candidates.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited April 2007
    In New York and New Liberal I mean New England maybe.

She's not popular here. We saw from the begining when she moved to new york that Mrs hillary carpetbagger clinton wanted to get back into the white house. we saw thru her hipocriticy. Unfortunately, she was able to convince the hispanics,the black voters and the elderly into voting her into a second term (she won her first term because we where still shell shocked from 9/11 and was able to sneak in).
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2007
    She is scary!!

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2007
    i hope she gets the nomination

i hope she gets elected president

i hope she serves for two terms

at least with Hilary, we know there won't be ANY nookie going on in the WH during that time. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, that's a good reason... :rolleyes:;)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2007
    engtaz wrote:
    She is scary!!

engtaz

Yes she is ,,Hitleray Clinton :rolleyes:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    Are you crazy?
    Do you know what this man stands for?
    I am a new yorker, i lived and was employed under the ruleship of rudy giuliani for 8 years as mayor.
    No mayor in new york history had ever divided the city as he did.
    This man will set back this country back into the mcarthy/hoover era if he becomes president. I believe he won'twin because his political views are too liberal for this country at this time.
    I'm a democrat who has crossed party lines to favor the better political candidate. As of yet, i believe we don't have any good candidates.

he took a train wreck of a city and improved it dramatically. good lord, did you like Dinkins better?

he didnt make everyone happy while doing what he did, but true leadership seldom does. Hell, even I dont like everything he has done but you cant argue with the man who got results.

its what the country needs, we do not need a feel good president who tries to make everyone happy, we need a leader, and we need it now

again, Rudy aint perfect, he's a powerful man with the same strengths and weaknesses as any other powerful man, but I'll take him over everyone else running in a heartbeat. McCain is second

but dont fret, if Rudy wins the republican primary, the religious right will hand the democrats the presidency on a silver platter by not voting, because they are too dumb to understand by not voting the republican candidate they dont like, its the same as a vote for the more liberal democrat that is even more out of step with there ideals.

honestly the dumbest class of voters out there :rolleyes:
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • liordra
    liordra Posts: 152
    edited April 2007
    If it takes that kinda money to run for office these days, all the elected would do during their term is fund rising for the next campaign. either times are getting way to cynical or I am getting way to old.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2007
    E: I gotta agree with you on one thing, right now there aren't any really great candidates in my book either. I'm lookng for a candidate that:

Wants to return power to the states
    Wants to decrease the power and size of the federal gov
    Favors taxation of wealth and not income
    Not a fundementalist of any religion, or someone who does not allow that to force their decision making.
    Strong on national defense
    Understands free speech goes both ways
    Expects the government to be a saftey net and not a granter of a particular standard of living.
    Will work to abolish the teachers union/allow school choice.

Beyond that, I don't really care that much. ;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited April 2007