Wish me luck!

MrNightly
MrNightly Posts: 3,370
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, it's 1039hrs, and I have an interview at 1130hrs for a project management position with a company here in KC. The HR lady called me three different times a couple days ago, and we chatted about my resume and experiences... she seemed very interested, so hence the interview. I don't know if this is just an informational meeting, or actually gonna be a job offer... But I'm reservedly excited regardless.

So, wish me some good Polk Audio luck, and here's to a better birthday year! :D

This is what I applied for... I'm excited.
Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
Stuff...

RTi12's - front
CSi5 - center
FXi3's - surrounds
RTi4's - surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
Denon 3805
Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

Post edited by MrNightly on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2007
    Best of luck brother!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2007
    Best o' luck. Knock 'em dead. Not literally, of course....
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited March 2007
    Good Luck and Best Wishes.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited March 2007
    Good Luck!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2007
    Go getum
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2007
    best of luck.. hope you get it.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2007
    Good Luck!!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    Best of luck Nightly!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited March 2007
    Hey, when you get that job, can you loan me 50 until next Friday ?

Thanks.
    Sal Palooza
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    Only if you promise to get off his couch and stop gnoshing on all his Cap'n Crunch.

mooch
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    Slap her on the butt after the interview.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    That's good advise...
    I might add be sure to maintain eye contact while slapping that sweet, sweet ****. In fact, be sure to call it "that sweet, sweet ****" while you're slapping it and making eye contact.

This got me my present job at Waffle House.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Lol :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MrNightly
    edited March 2007
    You guys are killing me...

I spent over an hour there... talked to the HR lady and the Area Project Manager lady as well... :D An hour well spent too mind you.

They really liked me, I could tell. APM lady said that she had two more interviews today and then would let me know Monday if I got it! She also said they were hiring for Three positions... so I know my odds are very good.

The pay wouldn't be GREAT, a little more than I'm making now, but the opportunity to advance would be very good, as well as normal day time hours, so I could continue my education! Plus they have an attractive benefit's package, so that's a plus too.

The drive would go from 5.5miles at my current job, to 13.33 miles (Thanks to mapquest) but it would ALL be hightway miles even though I would have to cross downtown. Only took me 15 minutes today, but of course it wasn't in the middle of rushhour either!

If they offer it, I think I'll take it! It would be pretty much entry level Project Management but as I said before, the opportunity would be great, and it would give me tremendous experience. It's mostly a niche organization with four offices across the country. (Used to operate under Smith Saint John's?)

Now I'm excited. Thanks guys for the good luck wishes! Here's hoping for Monday and a 2 week's notice!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2007
    Best of Luck :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2007
    Good luck :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2007
    I went ahead and applied for that job as well just to make sure at least one person doesn't get it instead of you... ;)

Oh yeah, hope it went well!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited March 2007
    Hope it all works out for you :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    Awesome! Congrats and rats Senor Nightly! Keep us updated.
  • MrNightly
    edited March 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    I went ahead and applied for that job as well just to make sure at least one person doesn't get it instead of you... ;)

Oh yeah, hope it went well!

Ya, I figured since I posted the link to it, they would suddenly be inundated with requests... that's CP for ya ;)
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2007
    Good luck!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited March 2007
    You want more good luck?????
    Keep that lady of yours friend,thats all the luck you need.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2007
    call her every hour, on the hour making threats. it's the only way.

good luck.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited March 2007
    Wish me luck!

Why do I see Steve Martin in a wheelchair everytime I read this?
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    You're getting excellent advise here. Truly. I would also fake a back injury and threaten to "sue her pants off".
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2007
    good luck, nightly!you'll get the job!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2007
    I hope you get it!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    You're getting excellent advise here. Truly. I would also fake a back injury and threaten to "sue her pants off".

...and then promptly remove your own pants and walk out the door.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    I like the way you think. Are you a CEO of a Fortune 500 company? I keep thinking he may need to bring along a pet monkey dressed in rodeo attire, but sometimes discretion is the key to success. At least that is what this poster on my "office wall" of an iceberg and a puma is telling me...
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2007