Announcement: Two of your own will help us on other forums.

Comments

• kab
    kab Posts: 275
    edited March 2007
    janmike wrote:
    ...there are numerous helpful people here. Take a bow everyone. You deserve it.

You're absolutely right Micheal! We know how important you all are to Polk and we're grateful for the help all forum members have given us over the years. Here's to you - THANK YOU!
  • kab
    edited March 2007
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Al just so you know, I have the same pictures those two have, and I am not affraid to go public with them.

I've seen those pictures. Paul is the one who should be worried :)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    OUTSTANDING!!!

Spread the good word guys, spread the good word!!!:) :cool: :D
    dorokusai wrote:
    Cathy - User forums such as AVS, HTF, Circuit City, etc. We're trying to provide a level of support for Polk products similar to what you would find here, but elsewhere. I've definetly noticed that not everyone knows about Club Polk, although they should :), and that not everyone wants to surf or join more than a couple forums. If Polk can become actively involved with other communities, it should result in a positive benefit for the company and brand name.

Toby - 12V isn't being forgotten and is something that we'll help support as well. I know I have a crash course in store for me, on this product line, in the very near future.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited March 2007
    read-alot wrote:
    Let me guess......

Jesse wouldn't give to the "bit kinder" requirement.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No, Jesse has a life outside of CP. :)

Seriously, I know Mark and Russ will do good things out there spreading the Polk gospel.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2007
    Wow!! Congrats guys! It seems we are witnessing the beginnings of The Great Polk Crusades.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2007
    I feel bad for all the posts Justin is going to have to go back and alter. ;)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2007
    your bass are belong to us.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    your bass are belong to us.

Dude, this is about audio, not fish.

Geez! :rolleyes:

And since when does Russ live near Baltimore...or am I missing something?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited March 2007
    Al, where are the "other forums to monitor and participate in" our ambassadors will be perusing.

I just want to check to make sure they don't end up like the
    Jehovahs Witnesses the old lady sweeps off the porch.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited March 2007
    does this mean Mark can't use his infamous chaps anymore?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • jwhitakr
    jwhitakr Posts: 568
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Mark, Russ thanks for volunteering your time. You'll be doing everyone at Polk and on the Forum a great service!

Ditto that! Congrats doro and russman.
    My HT
    HDTV: Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Proj. LCD
    AVR: Harman Kardon AVR 235
    Video: 80GB PS3, Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD
    Fronts: Polk Audio RTi8
    Center: Polk Audio CSi3
    Amp: Emotiva LPA-1
    Surrounds: Polk Audio R150
    Sub: HSU STF-3

The only true barrier to knowledge is the assumption that you already have it. - C.H. Dodd
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2007
    Can you get us free speakers now that you be representin' us??
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    I tried that and was politely asked to leave.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    I tried that and was politely asked to leave.

Yea... but did you grab anything??
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited March 2007
    Congrats go out to Doro and Russ. Now that your going to represent Polk in the best manner possible I guess now your gonna have to behave at the meets (we seen pics) and Russ will have to keep his hands and eyes to himself at the CIEDA show.:D

Dave
  • Jstas
    edited March 2007
    Polk wrote:
    BTW, did Al explain the skin-tight polyester super hero outfits?

Excuse me. I need to go scrub that image out of my brain now.

BTW, I don't think polyester has the flexibility needed, I think they need Spandex. Otherwise the less desirable bits might make a surprise appearance during moments of more intense action.

• Bob R
    Bob R Posts: 4
    edited March 2007
    Hi folks:

A link to this thread was provided by a valued member over at S&V forums, who is also a proud Polk owner.

We'd love to have new members discuss their audio gear and contribute their experiences to our forum.

A word from experience, If I might.

A few years ago we had an "internet only" speaker fan site send over a dozen people to shout out the praises of their favorite brand.

It went, er...... quite badly.

That said, we have quite a few Polk owners and would love to hear your experiences.

best regards,

Bob
    Sound & Vision Forum Moderator
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    Welcome Bob R.

Please provide a link in which to do so.

Thanks.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    Welcome Bob. Yes, a link would help. Thanks.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Bob R
    edited March 2007
    hmmmm....

Bob drums his finger on his desk and wonders if he should take the chance. O well for a BOSTON RED SOX fan, here it goes ...;)

http://forums.soundandvisionmag.com/audiovideo/

Born in Jamaica Plain, btw

Bob
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    Now you've done it. Thanks. :D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    Bob- Thanks for stopping in :D The main objective that we are tasked with is to respond to troubleshooting and customer service questions not to be fan boys. In the course of that purpose, we just want to talk about audio and all its resulting madness....much like we do here at home.

We are registered on the S&V website and should be perusing the forums by this weekend.

Regards,
    Mark
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2007
    Bob R wrote:
    hmmmm....

Bob drums his finger on his desk and wonders if he should take the chance. O well for a BOSTON RED SOX fan, here it goes ...;)

Bob

A Sox fan? Ok, we won't burn you at the stake.....yet. ;)

So, Russ finally gets to wear the Super Man outfit after all, eh?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    Bob R wrote:
    hmmmm....

Bob

Dum de dum dum!!!
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited March 2007
    Alright... back from the restroom. This whole spandex discussion is making me a bit queezy. I keep picturing these two wearing blue spandex with a big red "P" in the middle and a white lab jacket as a cape. :D

Congratulations cape crusaders! :)
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited March 2007
    Congrats you 2. I know you will continue to enlighten and help others. REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Jstas
    edited April 2007
    Holydoc wrote:
    Alright... back from the restroom. This whole spandex discussion is making me a bit queezy. I keep picturing these two wearing blue spandex with a big red "P" in the middle and a white lab jacket as a cape. :D

Congratulations cape crusaders! :)

More like "Ambigously **** Duo" according to your description!

• kab
    edited April 2007
    Bob R wrote:
    A word from experience, If I might.

A few years ago we had an "internet only" speaker fan site send over a dozen people to shout out the praises of their favorite brand.

Bob,

Thanks for the advice. I hope this will be different.

I already know that our Club Polk people are long time members of many av forums and being honest - recommending Polk only when they believe it's appropriate.

The reason I asked these guys to help out is because I can point them to sites that don't typically get great advice - mostly retail sites. My directions to them were to be helpful and courteous - especially to newbees. I have told them not to solicite for Polk. If directly asked for a recommendation and if they believe the product is right, they can answer, give them a link and tell them to get a demo.

My thinking is that, by answering some questions and showing the enthusiam we all have for audio, some of the good-will created will benefit Polk as well. After all, it's worked before - this forum is a shining example. When I started this forum, in my wildest dreams I never imagined the great and numerous people that have found this and made it their home. As you can clearly tell, no one from Polk is selling even here unless asked a question.

Al
  • Bob R
    edited April 2007
    Well said, KAB.

Most of us who have spent any time on the net know the plusses and minuses of it all.

We all frequent many forums, and live with only one in our heart.

I've spent some time lurking and have to say that you guys have a top knotch forum here.

Congrats.

Bob
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    This is going to be a VERY good thing. Good for Polk, good for myself and Mark, and good for the members of Club Polk.

The times and products are different, but I feel like we are all entering what will be another golden age for audio and audio technology, that will be as big, if not bigger and have the impact that the 50's and 60's had.

Cheers,
    Russ

I hope you two guys don't forget that analog rules!!!! LOL I know you won't but Mark is iffy in there!