Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

1276277279281282327

Comments

  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 2,226
    Gave my Daughter one of them Akai's.

    Not a bad player...
  • verbverb Posts: 8,133
    Always like the look of these vintage Luxman's. Nice integrated amp.
    59lh147qr2h7.png
    https://annarbor.craigslist.org/ele/d/luxman-l400-vintage-integrated-amp/6775934724.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,363
    I darn sure loved my 2 Luxman 1030s 15 years ago. Them and 4 Kenwood KL-888Ds were magical. The Polk Monitor 10s with the Peerless and those Luxmans got me hooked in deep to search for MORE. I still remember those many nights after work listening to those 6 items with not much more out there in the room.
    nlije0kb0qw3.png
    u7ueq8savmky.png
    z7dn3du6tukp.png


    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • NhpennNhpenn Posts: 56
    Focal Electra CC1000 BE Center Channel

    Theres three separate listings, all local pick up in San Diego, all 50 bucks right now

    https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/61680365
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,462
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

    Usually eBay ads have a number of people "watching". Not the case here. :p
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,869
    Viking64 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

    Usually eBay ads have a number of people "watching". Not the case here. :p

    Yea i know i bout urinated myself laughing at the 14k msp
    I figured we all need a good laugh now and then :D
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,418
    Clipdat wrote: »
    "Selective laser sintered d·tc housings with dynamically charged dielectric material and active tesla coil inside"

    BCg1.gif

    That's some funny ship there!
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    In The Market For A New Pre...
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

    Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,274
    Ansuz is legitimate stuff.
  • Dr_WuDr_Wu Posts: 166
    Skip, how about Zavfino 1877Phono wire?
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,274
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    Skip, how about Zavfino 1877Phono wire?

    Never heard of them honestly. The website looks first rate.

    Ansuz is from the lead designers of Nordost Cables. They have a different sound than Nordost and I know several guys who have gone all-in with their cables and freaking love it. I've considered picking them up as a second cable line but I've had other more pressing matters that have put that on hold.

    Another interesting story - the lead designer from Ansuz was brought to my room at AXPONA by an industry friend of mine. We were supposed to talk business but he kept diverting his attention to my system and the music. After about a minute of trying, he had to go sit down and enjoy a few songs before being able to hold attention in our conversation. My friend told me later he really enjoyed my system and thought it was doing a lot for the money.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,104
    Hard call. 14K on jumpers or pay my mortgage for a year...…

    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

    Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,274
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    Skip, how about Zavfino 1877Phono wire?

    Never heard of them honestly. The website looks first rate.

    Ansuz is from the lead designers of Nordost Cables. They have a different sound than Nordost and I know several guys who have gone all-in with their cables and freaking love it. I've considered picking them up as a second cable line but I've had other more pressing matters that have put that on hold.

    Another interesting story - the lead designer from Ansuz was brought to my room at AXPONA by an industry friend of mine. We were supposed to talk business but he kept diverting his attention to my system and the music. After about a minute of trying, he had to go sit down and enjoy a few songs before being able to hold attention in our conversation. My friend told me later he really enjoyed my system and thought it was doing a lot for the money.

    Fine and dandy BUT $14,000.00 msrp and asking $4+k for jumpers.... COME on Skip even you have to take a step back and go whiskey tango foxtrot

    I don't judge anymore. I just let the ultra high end be the ultra high end. I just recently started playing at the high end and I'm still not completely invested there. Maybe someday if the business continues to grow I'll understand more what the ultra high end brings to the table that the high end does not.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,869
    DSkip wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    Skip, how about Zavfino 1877Phono wire?

    Never heard of them honestly. The website looks first rate.

    Ansuz is from the lead designers of Nordost Cables. They have a different sound than Nordost and I know several guys who have gone all-in with their cables and freaking love it. I've considered picking them up as a second cable line but I've had other more pressing matters that have put that on hold.

    Another interesting story - the lead designer from Ansuz was brought to my room at AXPONA by an industry friend of mine. We were supposed to talk business but he kept diverting his attention to my system and the music. After about a minute of trying, he had to go sit down and enjoy a few songs before being able to hold attention in our conversation. My friend told me later he really enjoyed my system and thought it was doing a lot for the money.

    Fine and dandy BUT $14,000.00 msrp and asking $4+k for jumpers.... COME on Skip even you have to take a step back and go whiskey tango foxtrot

    I don't judge anymore. I just let the ultra high end be the ultra high end. I just recently started playing at the high end and I'm still not completely invested there. Maybe someday if the business continues to grow I'll understand more what the ultra high end brings to the table that the high end does not.

    Fair enough I can respect that.
  • verbverb Posts: 8,133
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,279
    verb wrote: »
    Schiit for Sale! Hundie for both!

    You get what you pay for.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • verbverb Posts: 8,133
    Clipdat wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    Schiit for Sale! Hundie for both!

    You get what you pay for.

    Not good, eh?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,279
    verb wrote: »
    Not good, eh?

    YMMV. Personally, I am done with Schiit products and won't be buying anything else from them in the future. That's not to say they won't tickle someone else's fancy.

    But I just think with their products, you get what you pay for. There's a reason why their stuff costs less. Shrug.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • verbverb Posts: 8,133
    Clipdat wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    Not good, eh?

    YMMV. Personally, I am done with Schiit products and won't be buying anything else from them in the future. That's not to say they won't tickle someone else's fancy.

    But I just think with their products, you get what you pay for. There's a reason why their stuff costs less. Shrug.

    Yep. I really don't have a need for yet another near field setup, just that the price was right. Always love a good bargain. I emailed the guy, but will probably pass.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,418
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Fine and dandy BUT $14,000.00 msrp and asking $4+k for jumpers.... COME on Skip even you have to take a step back and go whiskey tango foxtrot

    Chump change to some.
    Don't worry Skip, as marketing and sales go, profits from one sale to the ultra wealthy would be equivalent to about a hundred of us chumps. Problem is you'd have to eat caviar... Yuk!
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    In The Market For A New Pre...
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

    Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,418
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    In The Market For A New Pre...
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

    Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,363
    Interesting set right there.^^^^^^^^^ B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 8,133
    SVS PB1-ISD Sub. Had it originally for $350, now down to $275 OBO.
    kp2kwfin4g4o.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/d/clinton-township-svs-pb1-isd-audiophile/6779086057.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,869
    verb wrote: »
    SVS PB1-ISD Sub. Had it originally for $350, now down to $275 OBO.
    kp2kwfin4g4o.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/d/clinton-township-svs-pb1-isd-audiophile/6779086057.html

    Man very nice.
  • verbverb Posts: 8,133
    Dogg’s endorsement gotta be a deal. Leaving tomorrow for vacation. Maybe he’ll hold it for me.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,869
    edited December 2018
    verb wrote: »
    Dogg’s endorsement gotta be a deal. Leaving tomorrow for vacation. Maybe he’ll hold it for me.

    Whoa I didn't endorse just said it was very nice. I actually know nothing about it other than its SVS. They use a compressed foam and not rubber like newer models. That could very well be a weak point i don't know for certain.
  • verbverb Posts: 8,133
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    Dogg’s endorsement gotta be a deal. Leaving tomorrow for vacation. Maybe he’ll hold it for me.

    Whoa I didn't endorse just said it was very nice. I actually know nothing about it other than its SVS. They use a compressed foam and not rubber like newer models. That could very well be a weak point i don't know for certain.

    Too late! Kidding! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!