Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
Post edited by unc2701 on

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited March 2007
    'eff BB. Wouldn't shop there if you paid me.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited March 2007
    Don't shop there either.

Most of the time I only go to the hi-fi stores and specialty stores, but once in a while CC will have a good deal...
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited March 2007
    How does this not surprise me? On top of all of that, they have the worst customer service known to man. I tried to buy a dlp there, but no one would help me after asking four different people. Maybe because I am 24, and don't look like I can afford it. Oh well. Circuit City was more than happy to accept my $2000.
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2007
    Its just the opposite here. CC is absolutly terrible with CS. Everytime I go in I end up walking around the whole store, no one helps me and they are all standing in one corner shooting the ****. They just look at you like "oh what now". I dont see how that store sells anything. And my understanding is that they are on commision.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited March 2007
    jakelm wrote:
    Its just the opposite here. CC is absolutly terrible with CS. Everytime I go in I end up walking around the whole store, no one helps me and they are all standing in one corner shooting the ****. They just look at you like "oh what now". I dont see how that store sells anything. And my understanding is that they are on commision.

yeah, but does CC have a fake internal website with inflated prices so they can rip off customers?
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2007
    This is the same company that had an executive publically **** about customers that come in for the items on rebate and don't spend money on anything else. What a bunch of smelly ****.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2007
    Wow; I go to best buy once in a while to look around; sometimes I buy music on sale. No more.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2007
    Wow! That's really bad. At CC we used the same website as the public.

(and no, CC is not on commission and hasn't been for years).
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited March 2007
    BB only sells junk any way as far as audio gose. I only use them for movies and music. I hope this takes some of the wind out of Bets Buy's sails. We had 3 really good audi shops in our area until BB opened up. Now we only have them or tweeter.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited March 2007
    busted!!

I don't buy big things there anyways..their audio is pretty low-end nowadays..I'll buy music and video games from them..that's it

I think they have some nice tv's, but I go to Ultimate Electronics for my big ticket items...those guys seem to at least know what they're talking about..
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    What cracks me up is how the people who run these organizations are stupid enough to think they can get away with crap.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited March 2007
    I mainly buy new release and sale DVD's. Every once in a blue moon they'll have a good hard drive special.

Thats about all.

John
    No excuses!
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2007
    I smell "class action"...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • krabby5
    edited March 2007
    Tour2ma wrote:
    I smell "class action"...

yeah...so we all get a $0.03 check..:D
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited March 2007
    krabby5 wrote:
    yeah...so we all get a $0.03 check..:D

Yeah, but the attorney that handles the case can retire on the profits.:)
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2007
    Any store that has a 100 foot velvet rope "containing" the return line in JULY should be met with a dubious distinction at best. I could understand a gigantic return line the day after Christmas but if they have one, year-round, that is almost constantly full/occupied, that should tell you something about the merchant you are about to do business with. It turned me off right away.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PolknPepsi
    PolknPepsi Posts: 781
    edited March 2007
    Halo wrote:
    'eff BB. Wouldn't shop there if you paid me.
    I have said these exact words to my wife.......
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited March 2007
    ;) :d
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited March 2007
    cc isn't on commission... lol.

and bb is about on the same lvl as cc
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2007
    This isn't surprising, and CC isn't any better.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2007
    Barber insists that the company never intended to mislead customers.

BULLSH!T..... Why else would they have it?
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    I love Best Buy.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited March 2007
    When I was in to pick up a memory card awhile ago, the item was on sale on the BB's website but not on sale in the store. I had a BB sales guy show me their "website" on a store computer to price match themselves (which is retarded) and the prices were different........that explains why sales people never "knew" anything about their internet prices. Scumbags
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2007
    If they have something on sale I want, I buy it...same as any other retail store.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2007
    I won't shop there. I haven't seen anything I could possibly want from there that I couldn't find online anyway.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • aba4430
    aba4430 Posts: 80
    edited March 2007
    I bought a memory card reader (Sandisk) a couple of months ago. Prior to leaving work that day, I saw the price was ~$17.99 on their website. I did not print out the page. When I went to the store, I found it at ~$19.99. I told the salesperson that it was $17.99 on the website; she pulls it up and it was actually ~$19.99. I thought it was funny, but did not question it. Two bucks is not huge, but corroborates the screwyness going on.............
  • krabby5
    edited March 2007
    aba4430 wrote:
    I bought a memory card reader (Sandisk) a couple of months ago. Prior to leaving work that day, I saw the price was ~$17.99 on their website. I did not print out the page. When I went to the store, I found it at ~$19.99. I told the salesperson that it was $17.99 on the website; she pulls it up and it was actually ~$19.99. I thought it was funny, but did not question it. Two bucks is not huge, but corroborates the screwyness going on.............

just for the fu@k of it, I would go back and raise hell...
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2007
    krabby5 wrote:
    just for the fu@k of it, I would go back and raise hell...

Me too.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2007
    We should find a bunch of things online that are on sale and go to the store and see if they are on sale. If they look it up through their intra net, ask to use the computer and go to yahoo and search for best buy and if it comes up, start yelling at the top of your lungs "Theyre trying to screw us all!!!!"
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • krabby5
    edited March 2007
    I just read the story in our paper. Apparently a guy found a laptop for $729.00 online..He wanted to buy it for his father's birthday, which was only 2 days away, so he didn't want to order it online and wait for it to be shipped. At the BB, the price was $879 on their website..the guy got confused and asked if he could check..that's how they found out..

I don't know if he ended up buying the laptop or not, but BB sent him a $50 gift certificate and NO written apology..:mad: