Dirty f---ing **** (Best Buy)

2»

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    exalted512 wrote:
    We should find a bunch of things online that are on sale and go to the store and see if they are on sale. If they look it up through their intra net, ask to use the computer and go to yahoo and search for best buy and if it comes up, start yelling at the top of your lungs "Theyre trying to screw us all!!!!"
    -Cody

Like the Seinfeld episode where his father started screaming in the doctor's office, "MY WALLET'S GONE, MY WALLET'S GONE!!!" LOL
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2007
    I quit shopping at BB a long time ago. I bought a lot of stuff from CC and once bought a Pany TV. They had the price $50 than the price on their website. I told them this, they pulled up their website and gave me the sale price.

I got the tv home and the picture looked bad. VCR tapes were too redish and I just never liked the picture quality. I took it back to exchange it for the wonderful Sony tv I have now and even tho Id prepared a speech, when I went to the counter all I got out was, "I was wanting to return this....". The girl said "ok" and proceeded to get to work on the return.

Later I bought a camcorder from BB and the PQ on it was quite grainy. I took it back to them and wanted to exchange it for a much more expensive digital camcorder. They bitched and whined about it and made me take it to their service counter to "verify" that there was a problem with the camera. They said it looked fine and even if it were messed up, theyd charge me a 15% restocking fee. I kept the camera and havent bought anything from their sorry asses since.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited March 2007
    Our dad was thrown out of a BB in Balto for writing down prices on TV's (he's a chemist by trade) in order to do an accurate analysis of price points. Lots of classic stories of BB treating both customers and employees like sh#t here;

http://www.bestbuysux.org/

AVOID THEM...
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2007
    A couple of months ago I saw an xbox accessory at BB online and after verifying availability went over to their local store. I couldn't see it on the shelf so I asked for help. The clerk couldn't find it either and we walked over to one of their kiosks to check it out. The page he brought up showed the item with a higher price and I thought it was weird at the time. I don't remember the url but this news story explains it.

BB instant rebates are nice though. Staples handles rebates in-house which have a quick turnaround. I avoid stores that play the 6-8+ week rebate waiting game.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2007
    I bought my big screen tv from BB and was quite happy dealing with them. I am also a member of there reward zone. 2 months after buying the tv i got 160 dollars woth of gift certificates to use in the store which I put towards my ipod. I then went to return a CD i bought from them right after christmas and was told I couldnt return it as its one they dont carry anymore. What kind of **** is that! I had the recipt with me and only got it the day before. After that they left a bad taste in my mouth.