2007 March Madness: CP's Second Annual, Official "ESPN Tournament... " Challenge

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2007
    ND13 wrote:
    It's all about timing....when you peak as a team.

Agreed and agreed again.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2007
    ND13 wrote:
    Born In Arkansas and raised as a HOG fan.

The whole state of Arkansas is merely a suburb of Memphis.

Whoops...I guess this means that both Bill Clinton and Al Gore are from the state of Tennessee. Oh the shame....:o
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited March 2007
    shack wrote:

Whoops...I guess this means that both Bill Clinton and Al Gore are from the state of Tennessee. Oh the shame....:o

For the most part, yeah. I lived in Memphis for 13 years.

I'm pretty certain that Al is a Tennessean.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    shack wrote:

That's too funny:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • shack
    edited March 2007
    ND13 wrote:
    I'm pretty certain that Al is a Tennessean .For the most part, yeah. I lived in Memphis for 13 years

Yes he is. Born in Nashville. Raised in Washinton DC.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited March 2007
    Hope your health is better Noel.

Now...Back to BB.

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited March 2007
    Shack,

You'll love this....My grandparents(hardcore Republicans) voted for Clinton for President just to get him out of the Governor's Mansion. They figured he couldn't hurt them as much as President as he he did as Governor of Arkansas. Before he took office as Governor, Arkansas was actually a mid-pack state in most categories....by the time he left, they were one of the lowest ranked states in those same categories.

Back to our regularly scheduled program.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    I hope you're feeling better as well...
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2007
    Told you, ZB.

They are putting out just about the worst showing ever. Time for football. Wow. Thank God tomorrow is a deisgnated drinking day.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    Ouch... um, well, there's still alot of game left.

Winthrop is laying the smack down as well.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2007
    Ouch... um, well, there's still alot of game left.

Pfft, I think if Bo doesn't bite one of their heads off and drink their blood, nothing is going to work. :p

I told you this was going to happen. These guys can't get one damn shot to drop.

Looks like a high school team out there. What gives? We sure as hell didn't play cupcakes all year. :o
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    No they didn't... so Badger legs will be a lot fresher come second half. We've both seen this happen before.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2007
    You're more optimistic than me.

This is as bad as i have seen any team in college basketball play this year. :rolleyes:
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    Well... what do we have here?
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2007
    Getting better, but holy ****...there's really no cure for **** shooting. Frustrating as hell.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    And here comes Notre Dame...
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited March 2007
    Its halftime and you are already counting them out? They are only down by 8. Basketball can change so quickly... As long as they aren't down by 20 with 3 minutes left, there is still a good chance of either team winning...
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2007
    tommyboy wrote:
    Its halftime and you are already counting them out? They are only down by 8. Basketball can change so quickly... As long as they aren't down by 20 with 3 minutes left, there is still a good chance of either team winning...

They started 3 for 20, what would you do?

I've been watching this club for 20 years, and my childhood friend played on the Final 4 team for them in 2000. I can't help but have just a slight emotional attachment to this team when they're laying bricks like it's a taping of Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

I'm a realist, not a homer.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2007
    ...and while they obviously look better now, there's ample reason for concern:

15 seeds beating 2 seeds

Richmond over Syracuse (1991)
    Santa Clara over Arizona (1993)
    Coppin State over S. Carolina (1997)
    Hampton over Iowa State (2001)
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    I still remember the Santa Clara game. That one was huge. In a whole other league than the other three.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2007
    Wow, 21% shooting in the first half, and like 73% (I think) in the 2nd.... :confused:

Chris Rock...Um, I mean, Kam Taylor goes 0-6 and then 10/10
  • shack
    edited March 2007
    :mad: Well I totally screwed up a couple of my brackets:mad:

I rarely look at seeds and pick teams to win and get to a particular round.

I THOUGHT I was picking Texas A&M to move deep on a couple of brackets. Who I picked was Texas A&M Corpus Christi ...

Everyone would have thought I was a genius if they had beat WI when in fact I just F'ed up.

Oh well, it's just one team.

• jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited March 2007
    With all the debate regarding the Razorbacks suspect ticket to the Big Dance it appears that they've left their SEC tourney play in Fayetteville and have continued in the fashion of the SEC West division...you can't win if you're not at home.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    shack wrote:
    I THOUGHT I was picking Texas A&M to move deep on a couple of brackets. Who I picked was Texas A&M Corpus Christi ...

Everyone would have thought I was a genius if they had beat WI when in fact I just F'ed up.

Oh well, it's just one team.

No worries... I actually picked them in my first brakcet, I felt my picks were leaning towards the consersative, so I decided I needed to throw in one big-time upset to make things interesting. Oh well... I guess egg's on my face. I agree with you though... you should never go by seeding.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited March 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    They are putting out just about the worst showing ever. Time for football. Wow. Thank God tomorrow is a deisgnated drinking day.

Whats that demi, don't care about b-ball anymore?

don't give up like that man.... There's always a chance.

Go Pitt!
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2007
    Man, there are a lot of good games on today.............too bad the Terps lost. Butler was draining the 3's. I think we should have fouled before the shot clock expired, but that's why I'm not a coach.....

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2007
    I quit at picking brackets!!! :D

I guess maybe if I followed College ball sometime before March, I might do better huh? Oh well. Not bad for a guy who couldn't tell you a single player besides Durant comes from Texas someplace, and KU's squad...

EDIT:

Oh wait.. Tied for third isn't too terrible. Tomorrow will make or break ya though. Bring it!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2007
    KU KU KU!!!

Anybody else watch that game? Was it just me, or did the announcer's seem totally biased against KU? The only thing they could say was how good SIU was, and, "What a shot..." "What a steal" blah blah blah. Made me want to puke.

Anyways, UCLA next?! Cheers!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2007
    MrN,
    It always seems that way this time of the year. All of the announcers want the cinderella underdog to get press. I noticed it too and I'm not a Kansas fan.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2007
    Happy to see that this got rolling. Was stuck in NE Tejas with the flu and missed the chance to fill out my brackets. Needless to say, I would have done very well... ;)

THE Ohio State University is gonna give me a heart attack. Gotta go... the game against Memphis is about to tip off...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD