Best Anti-Virus Software?

13»

Comments

• larryb52
    larryb52 Posts: 38
    edited May 2007
    if you want the best protection look at Kaspersky the best IMHO & I've tested them all...
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    larryb52 wrote: »
    if you want the best protection look at Kaspersky the best IMHO & I've tested them all...

Of course you have.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited May 2007
    I had WPA and MAC address filtering set up on my wireless router, and even still someone was able to get in. I found out when I saw additional PCs connected to the router when I searched via IP.

So there is never true "bulletproof" security. Things like changing the MAC address of a laptop to match the router's access filtering can be done. We live in a dangerous world :)
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited May 2007
    I really doubt someone was able to break WPA encoding. It's not any near as easy as WEP encryption is to circumvent.

While MAC address spoofing is doable, the sheer numbers of combinations to match the two or three MAC addresses in the filter would take decades to match. If you had WEP encryption enabled as you only security, it can be cracked and the administrative settings and filters can be viewed and/or changed by the person looking to gain access. WPA though, unless you have something really worthwhile, WPA is hard to crack for just war driving or bandwidth theft. There are easier targets.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!