Wtf?

2»

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2007
    Well, I'll tell you.. as Dickens said, It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

The good is, I love this place. I hit the lotto and you all can kiss my fat **** goodbye. I'll be in NZ drinking Speights with my mates and listening to vinyl. Today, I found the absolutely COOLEST record shop on the planet. It would take three days to go through all the vinyl. The country itself is simply breathtaking...

The not so good is TLW fell and broke her elbow, so that's been a pain. It happened two days ago so she is feeling better. She hasn't let it slow her down any though!! She is tough as nails!!!

If you need to visit an ER in a foreign country, this is the place though. Immediate service and the grand total including x-rays was 120 US dollars.

Anyhow, just checking in, back in the US on Wednesday.

Cheers, mates!
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    TroyD wrote:
    Well, I'll tell you.. as Dickens said, It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

The good is, I love this place. I hit the lotto and you all can kiss my fat **** goodbye. I'll be in NZ drinking Speights with my mates and listening to vinyl. Today, I found the absolutely COOLEST record shop on the planet. It would take three days to go through all the vinyl. The country itself is simply breathtaking...

The not so good is TLW fell and broke her elbow, so that's been a pain. It happened two days ago so she is feeling better. She hasn't let it slow her down any though!! She is tough as nails!!!

If you need to visit an ER in a foreign country, this is the place though. Immediate service and the grand total including x-rays was 120 US dollars.

Anyhow, just checking in, back in the US on Wednesday.

Cheers, mates!

Good to hear from ya mate!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
    Troy, Glad to hear that your having a good time. Sorry to hear about TLW hope she's ok. Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe trip back.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Wow, sounds like an interesting place. I have a friend who talks about wanting to go there..can't remember who it is...but someone I know...:p

Sorry to hear that about TLW...I'll be praying for her recovery and y'all's safe return Wednesday...or will y'all be leaving sooner?

Sounds like an awesome record store! Take some pics! And grab some vinyl for us; share the wealth! :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2007
    Well, that's the other thing, the digital cameral took a dump too. We've got a boatload of pics already though.

TLW is doing okay and says hi...

Can't bring back a lot of vinyl but I have picked up a few choice minty foreign pressings for yours truly.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Sounds like a good time to upgrade the digicam!
    TroyD wrote:
    but I have picked up a few choice minty foreign pressings for yours truly.
    For me? Oh, wait...

:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2007
    No, for me.

I'm Rick James, ****.

Troy, the MV-75 arrived, have yet to unpack. I'll get it over to Gary this week. Throw a shrimp on the barbie for me.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    Tell Wendi we're rooting for her. Look on the bright side. If you face canceled flights outbound there's a record store waiting to be turned over.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007
    I'm sorry to hear of TLW's injury, please wish her a speedy recovery for me. Gotta love national health care, eh?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited February 2007
    Keep smiling Wendi--hope you have a very speedy recovery!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2007
    I was scheduled to fly to Ottawa (Ontario) yesterday at noon via Newark. Checked the flight status before heading to Washington National and the first leg was cancelled (WOOPEE!! Who in the hell wants to voluntarily go where it's 9 below zero?) Rescheduled the trip for this morning, and the leg to Ottawa was cancelled. QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with Ottawa.....;) you could have skated on the worlds longest outdoor skating rink !
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited February 2007
    I love Ottawa, and have been there often. I just don't prefer it in an ice storm with below zero temperatures.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2007
    I love Ottawa, and have been there often. I just don't prefer it in an ice storm with below zero temperatures.

Heck I don't even like the -temps. and we live here..go figure. well next time you're going to be in town, let me know.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited February 2007
    Sorry to hear about TLW. Echo the get well soon sentiments :) Please send me an email when your back and up for a dialog ;)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10