Anna Nicole Smith dies.......

13»

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    Skynut wrote:
    Ding dong the which is dead, the which is dead, the which is dead.

Everybody....

Ding dong.......

This is a sad commentary. A messed up woman for sure...but I don't know that she deserves this. She lost a child recently who by all accounts she loved a lot. And now a child will never know her mother...good or bad. Plus a mother has lost her child.

Tragic? Not really. Live hard...die young.

Sad more than anything IMO.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2007
    shack wrote:
    This is a sad commentary. A messed up woman for sure...but I don't know that she deserves this. She lost a child recently who by all accounts she loved a lot. And now a child will never know her mother...good or bad. Plus a mother has lost her child.

Tragic? Not really. Live hard...die young.

Sad more than anything IMO.

Yes I agree, pretty uncaring people in this world......
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    I hope you guys just spend every second of every day weeping your eyes out for the 60k people who die every single day. A person who is famous is no more deserving of sympathy than any of those other thousands of people, so knock it off with the sappy faux-sympathy, will you? I guarantee you there is another single mother in the midwest who died yesterday and left her young child with nothing, while Anna Nicole's child will most likely grow up a millionaire.

I don't see you crying for any of the anonymous people out there.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Boonaroo
    Boonaroo Posts: 56
    edited February 2007
    Thanks for the mammories!!! You will soon be forgotten.
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2007
    I just think it is sad the type of life she lived. Definitely not something I would wish on anyone. I guess I am just one of those soft heart, sympathetic ones...
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited February 2007
    I guess it illustrates one of the hazards of being a Kum Dumpster.
    Sal Palooza
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2007
    I thought she only did softcore.....lol:D
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    I'm going to have to revisit my PMOY vid of hers. She looked so good back then, the B&W Guess ads she did in the early 90's look fantastic.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I hope you guys just spend every second of every day weeping your eyes out for the 60k people who die every single day. A person who is famous is no more deserving of sympathy than any of those other thousands of people, so knock it off with the sappy faux-sympathy, will you? I guarantee you there is another single mother in the midwest who died yesterday and left her young child with nothing, while Anna Nicole's child will most likely grow up a millionaire.

I may not have sympathy for everyone that dies, but I also don't make fun of a sad situation. My comment was more related to the "ding dong the witch is dead" post.

You have no clue who or what I cry for.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited February 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    I'm going to have to revisit my PMOY vid of hers. She looked so good back then, the B&W Guess ads she did in the early 90's look fantastic.

fantastic...
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2007
  • Systems
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:

I rest my case.....
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    PhantomOG wrote:
    New Daddy in the picture....

What?!? How old is that guy if he's married to a 90 year old Gabor:confused: Or is he a gold-digger as well, in an ironic twist...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    You've GOT to be kidding me!
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17069880/
    he and she be conspirin' against older folk with bling!

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    Is Zsa Zsa still alive?
    Carl

• Systems
    edited February 2007
    You should see all the ebay auctions that are out now for Playboys that she was in.....
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited February 2007
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited February 2007
    wow that has got to be the worst statement i have ever read. if you have nothing nice to say about some one who is dead and you have never met but are perfectly willing to judge and say bad things about dont say anything at all. im certain in real life you are a saint. you moronic piece of garbage. shame on you. SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    I still cannot fathom that she is dead. Other than hearing she was in Playboy I have not followed her "career". She hit up the courts pretty good though.
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited February 2007
    snow wrote:
    wow that has got to be the worst statement i have ever read. if you have nothing nice to say about some one who is dead and you have never met but are perfectly willing to judge and say bad things about dont say anything at all. im certain in real life you are a saint. you moronic piece of garbage. shame on you. SNOW

Actually, watching several episodes of her (sur)reality show, and seeing her stagger home drunk/drugged to her son (who's inner wish for some sort of release from the insanity in his life was clearly etched on his face), I think I am pretty qualified to make the statements that:

1. That son is now dead (methadone overdose). Thanks "Mom".
    2. There is now a 5 month old child without a mother due to her "lifestyle"
    Thanks "Mom".
    3. Having unprotected sex with Za Za Gabor's husband will earn one the
    title of Kum Dumpster. Thanks "Mom".

I have the same respect for her that I reserve for men who father children without parental interest: none.
    Sal Palooza
  • snow
    edited February 2007
    Actually, watching several episodes of her (sur)reality show, and seeing her stagger home drunk/drugged to her son (who's inner wish for some sort of release from the insanity in his life was clearly etched on his face), I think I am pretty qualified to make the statements that:

1. That son is now dead (methadone overdose). Thanks "Mom".
    2. There is now a 5 month old child without a mother due to her "lifestyle"
    Thanks "Mom".
    3. Having unprotected sex with Za Za Gabor's husband will earn one the
    title of Kum Dumpster. Thanks "Mom".

I have the same respect for her that I reserve for men who father children without parental interest: none.
    Unless you had the same set of circumstances in your life that she did. and did better. would i feel you have the right to judge her. As far as anyone knows from what i have read no one knows how or why she died. It may well have been her lifestyle, and it may not. as far as having unprotected sex goes im certain we are all guilty of that at some point. Even if she is guilty of everything you say and more, I dont feel that i have the right to judge her and call her names. and I dont feel that you or anyone else should either. I think its sad certainly that the little girl is without her mother. But to lash out at someone with a statement like how you did, is i feel in poor taste at best. I feel her entire life was pretty much one set of tragic circumstances after the other. But I dont feel the need to call her names. if i see a homeless person pushing a cart down the sidewalk, I dont feel the need to say to myself what a loser. I say to myself but for the grace of god there go I. Let her R.I.P SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007
    I feel her entire life was pretty much one set of tragic circumstances after the other.

More like one huge, self induced cluster ****.

Anyone that couldn't see that train wreck coming had to be deaf, dumb and blind.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    Of course it was in poor taste, that's why it was FUNNY.

Vive la mrbigbluelight!
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • snow
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Of course it was in poor taste, that's why it was FUNNY.

Vive la mrbigbluelight!
    great another bozo to add to the ignore list. :rolleyes: SNOW
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    theres too much stuff going on around her with money involved to believe she just simply died.... I mean she just had a child thats enough for anyone to go on. Life is not always about you...........especially after you have kids...
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited February 2007
    A poster on Craigslist (my source for all information ;) ) wrote the following regarding the death of Anna Nicole Smith:

"My cousin is a Marine who is being sent back to Iraq for his 3rd tour of duty. His parents will watch CNN, as they did the other times, and wonder if they'll see his face--if he'll be sent home in a flag-draped box.

There were at least two, if not more Marines from the St. Louis area who were killed over there this year.

When they die, their faces aren't splashed all over the internet. They don't have hour-long retrospectives devoted to them on talk shows. For all the lip service people give about 'supporting the troops', these men and women die anonymously, remembered only by the friends and family members left behind.

Maybe that's why seeing all these people getting worked up over Anna Nicole Smith makes me want to puke my guts out.

You want to mourn for someone? Try mourning for 3,000 dead soldiers.

You want to feel sorry for someone? Feel sorry for the motherless baby she left behind to be further subjected to a paternity battle by a bunch of jokers and sychophants.

You want to remember someone? Remember Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr., remember Albert Einstein and Nikola Tesla, Miles Davis and John Lennon, or even Jim Henson or Dr. Seuss, remember anyone famous or anonymous who lived their life with courage and vision, who left the world a better place for having lived here.
    "

If I could wave a magic wand, I'd wish her alive and well to be sure.
    That is more than the entourage that surrounded her probably did for her, IMO.
    Sal Palooza
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited February 2007
    If you had a magic wand hopefully you'd make better use with it like wishing for ...

- The soldiers to be alive
    - Those that died on 9/11 to be alive
    - World peace
    - Or even semi accurate worthwhile reporting in the news ...
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited February 2007
    ^^^
    Good point. Ms. Smith would have to wait for the second wand waving.
    Sal Palooza