Anna Nicole Smith dies.......

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited February 2007
    With Anna gone - my inspiration to become an 80 year old multi-billionaire is out the window.

One more life goal off the list.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2007
    I guess the lesson learned here is you can't live off the "Anna Nicole Smith Diet", aka one M&M and an apple a day.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2007
    rskarvan wrote:
    Bet you 2:1 the guy doing the embalming will take a peak under the sheet.
    licketty-split...don't ask...

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited February 2007
    Don't really care about this news. After watching Flags of Our Fathers my view of American Celebrities is even lower than what it was before.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2007
    She had allegedly miscarried with some other guy before she had the child that is involved in the paternity dispute.........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited February 2007
    I would have hit it. Not so much now.
    You mean you aren't a necrophiliac ?
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    Sad, tragic and bizarre! She wanted to be like Marilyn, who died at 36 from a drug overdose. Any takers that this was not drugs???
    Carl

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited February 2007
    Maybe she's entered the TWILIGHT ZONE.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Sad, tragic and bizarre!

Bizarre, sure. Sad and tragic? Uh, no. Sad for her newborn, maybe. Anyone crying over the death of someone who married an old man just to watch him die and take money from his family... well, they need to reevaluate tragedy.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited February 2007
    I'm betting her death was caused by a mixture of the prescription drugs she was taking. Look at her in the interviews since her son's death, it was pretty obvious that she was on both uppers and downers. Probably similar to what killed Elvis.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    The ole mans family , they fought her fiercly in court for the money and if my memory serves me right, she got part of it and was gonna have to fight for the rest...... for millions of dollars whats 50k to kill someone I mean really.
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    rskarvan wrote:

I hope he holds his nose:eek:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Sad and tragic? Uh, no.

Yes, very much so. The loss of life is always sad and tragic. Even more so when she may have been extremely depressed from the loss of her son and possibly compounded by post pardom depression. Maybe coupled with addiction. Oh yes, very sad and tragic. May she rest in peace. Lord God have mercy!

Carl
    Carl

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited February 2007
    Not really a candle in the wind, more like a bonfire in a hurricane.

When you live life that fast, you tend to go quickly too.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Yes, very much so. The loss of life is always sad and tragic. Even more so when she may have been extremely depressed from the loss of her son and possibly compounded by post pardom depression. Maybe coupled with addiction. Oh yes, very sad and tragic. May she rest in peace. Lord God have mercy!

Carl

I'm right there with you brother.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2007
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:

Carl

3 people die every two seconds on this planet. I appreciate your religious feelings that every life is precious. Every life "matters" in that sense. To say it's a tragedy diminishes a tragedy.

And if you're not religious, like me? The only reason death matters is due to the people that live on without you. I'd feel bad for her newborn, but she's young enough that she'll never remember her mother, and I would guarantee that she is better off for it. Who wants to grow up with that train wreck as a mother? Talk about no hope.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited February 2007
    She was a mess from start to finish. Her only claim to fame was
    hooking a rich old man. The big surprize was that she lived as long as she did.
    That's a sad summery of one's life.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    Howard K. Stern conspiracy. Kills ANS's son, kills ANS. He is the daddy on the birth certificate of the only surviving heir to a possibly huge portion of the Marshall estate.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    You mean you aren't a necrophiliac ?

no... but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited February 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    Bad things happen to bad people. Bad karma is a ****.

Almost poetic justice...she wasted quite a few years of her life marrying the 89 yr old guy, just be denied 474 million, just when that decision was over-turned...BAM, she dies. Guess that didn't work out to well.

I still don't get that...Did she marry him for his money? OF COURSE...who cares..he knew what he was getting...how else can a 100 year old man get a hot Playboy chick?

They both used each other...She deserved that money whether his family likes it or not..
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    The vultures are already circling....

I liked one comment I heard. "Anna Nicole Smith was famous for being famous."

Life IS stranger than fiction! You could not write a better script for a made-for-TV movie. It will hit the screen in less than 90 days.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2007
    I would have had one last ride before the paramedics showed up.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2007
    krabby5 wrote:
    I still don't get that...Did she marry him for his money? OF COURSE...who cares..he knew what he was getting...how else can a 100 year old man get a hot Playboy chick?

They both used each other...She deserved that money whether his family likes it or not..

"Deserved". Sure. I don't disagree with this. But she was just a glorified hooker in this case - he paid for her, she screwed him for it. I don't see how that should make you famous. Pretty sure hookers die every day without all the fanfare and people fawning over them like they're the second coming.
  • BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    to clear things up, sort of...news keeps talkin' 'bout she sued and didn't get the money. then the case was re-opened. the old man's son fighting her died. but the family vowed to fight ANS, but now she's dead.

she made an old man happy. yes, they used each other. she, more so than he.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    I think the PC term is "lady of the night":D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    BIZILL wrote:
    to clear things up, sort of...news keeps talkin' 'bout she sued and didn't get the money. then the case was re-opened. the old man's son fighting her died. but the family vowed to fight ANS, but now she's dead.

she made an old man happy. yes, they used each other. she, more so than he.

The estate will probably continue the suit for the benfit of the child.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    shack wrote:
    The estate will probably continue the suit for the benfit of the child.
    true dat.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited February 2007
    Ding dong the which is dead, the which is dead, the which is dead.

Everybody....

Ding dong.......
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    "Deserved". Sure. I don't disagree with this. But she was just a glorified hooker in this case - he paid for her, she screwed him for it. I don't see how that should make you famous. Pretty sure hookers die every day without all the fanfare and people fawning over them like they're the second coming.

I especially like the "glorified hooker" part.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking