Best SB commercial?

halo
halo Posts: 5,616
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
IMO...Blockbuster video - the one with the bunny "clicking" the mouse :D
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
Post edited by halo on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    That one was great. I liked the first Dorito one where the girl drills her head off the car door, but the bunny one was my second favorite. The commercials went to hell after the first break though.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited February 2007
    Have to let it out...

Grossman SUCKS!!!:mad:

Ok, done with rant.:)

BTW, I think all the commercials sucked too. The halftime show was horrible, who likes Prince???
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited February 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    Have to let it out...

BTW, I think all the commercials sucked too. The halftime show was horrible, who likes Prince???

Bears fan?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2007
    I don't want to go into the office tomorrow :(
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited February 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    Have to let it out...

I'll bet if you were a Colts fan you would have liked the commercials & the half time show. I don't blame you for being pissed. The Bears just plain out suck big time. How the hell did they even get there in the first place???
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2007
    I also thought the commercials sucked. I started watching right before halftime though so I probably missed all the good ones.

I don't want to go to class tomorrow :(
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    I wanted both teams to lose
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    K-Fed commercial.
  • MikeC78
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    K-Fed commercial.

:D LOL!!! Yeah, that was the best!!:rolleyes:
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited February 2007
    The NFL commercial done by the amateur during the 2 minute warning of the 4th quarter. Favre at the end is epic!
  • MikeC78
    edited February 2007
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Bears fan?

Only if they won.:D
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2007
    I am a Colts fan and I also thought the commercials sucked this year. The K-Fed and the Blockbusters were the only ones worth a crap IMO.

And yeah, Wreck Grossman sucks!! Cant really say he lost the game for them but I can say they probably wouldve won if they had a better QB.......mainly one that didnt throw to the opposing team or drop clean snaps.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    I'm listening to 670 The Score (Chicago radio). Just nothing short of hilarious.
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited February 2007
    The mutt who made it to the Dalmation seat on the Bud wagon has my vote.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited February 2007
    The commercials were very weak this year. The best one was Mencia's "no speak English."
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited February 2007
    Overall ads were piss poor. For the money they were spending, you'd think they'd do better. For me, the rock,paper,scissors Bud Light or the big cashier chick for Doritos.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2007
    The Godaddy.com commercial. Any commercial with Candace Michelle in it is ok with me.

I also liked the Bud Light commmercial where they were playing rock, paper scissors for the last beer. "I threw paper...Yeah, well I threw a rock".
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    GAH! Sorry for you Bears fans, I can see why you'd just hate anything right now, but this was a GREAT batch of commercials! I'ts been years since a commercial made me laugh out loud, and at least three did this year (the K-Fed, the first Doritos with the car accident / girl falling down, and the rock paper scissors).

I mean... as far as commercials go, that is. They are still ADVERTISEMENTS.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007
    Those were the worst SB commercials ever.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited February 2007
    dkg999 wrote:
    I don't want to go into the office tomorrow :(

I took the day off. Initially it was to party or to mourn..................I'm in mourning :mad: . Grossman didn;t come close to getting the job done and where the hell was our offensive line. There were commercials during the Superbowl :confused: .
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2007
    H9 - as you said to us Packers fans ....... there's always next year :(
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2007
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,567
    edited February 2007
    Cheerwine comercial!!!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2007
    Tricia from Real World was in the GoDaddy commercial........

I have to rethink which one I laughed at more........it was one of them at the beginning though.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2007
    I went to school with Tricia.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited February 2007
    All commercials suck. The only good commercial is a muted commercial. :rolleyes:
    Oy yeah....Grossman sucks too!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2007
    I couldn't have been happier with Grossman's Performance. I hate that guy and have since his first game. He's not impressive and didn't deserve to be in the big game. Period.

As for the commercials, I liked the Bud Light Wedding one. I looked at the fiance and said "Hey, that's not a bad idea!" She laughed then kicked me. hahaha "Going once, going twice..."
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited February 2007
    dkg999 wrote:
    H9 - as you said to us Packers fans ....... there's always next year :(

Now Bears and Packers fans have one thing in common ;) . Thing is your 40 year old QB is still better than our 28 year old excuse machine. Grossman reminds me Jim Harbaugh all over again :( . The kid is going to take some heat.......and he deserves most of it. We'll see if he learned anything for next year. I'm not saying it's all Grossman's fault but he needs to take a lot of the blame.

Thread content: That Snickers commercial had me rolling on the floor.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2007
    By far the dumbest commercial was the paper godzilla Garmin GPS commercial.......dumb dumb dumb....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    I don't know... I kind of liked the sheer randomness of it in a sea of "guys will be guys and girls will be girls" ads.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore