Cartoon Network Causes "Terrorist Alert" in Boston

13»

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    My wife told me one of them is working on his green card...

any truth to that? Because if so, then he's really hosed.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    I doubt it, they both looked white as can be and very "American".
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    My wife told me one of them is working on his green card...

any truth to that? Because if so, then he's really hosed.

If it is, let him stay, he's a publicity expert, unintended as it was. :D Maybe he could work for the city of Boston in an ad campaign stating they won't freak the eff out over stupid **** ever again.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    Senor B-lance...
    I don't know... one of the guys in court looked to be of the "Eurotrash" persuasion:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    I doubt it, they both looked white as can be and very "American".

...oh boy. Hey, do they have whites in England? :p;)
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    If it is, let him stay, he's a publicity expert, unintended as it was. :D Maybe he could work for the city of Boston in an ad campaign stating they won't freak the eff out over stupid **** ever again.

Bring me your tired, huddled publicity experts and ad managers:D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    I think he meant "'murican"
    Like.... "if it ain't "murican", ya'll can kiss my ****"

Hey, isn't that a Toby Keith song?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    ...oh boy. Hey, do they have whites in England? :p;)

nah, English people aren't as trashy looking as Americans.....these were definately Americans, not English.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    The local gubmint in Boston should be ashamed of itself thus far.

If they haven't been ashamed of themselves over the past 25 years, I'm sure this isn't going to change anything.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Well, these guys are complete jackasses...that's for sure....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zx2ytr2Oyv4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zx2ytr2Oyv4&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    Agreed, despite all the horsepoop that went on yesterday these two guys are pure jerk offs, they would have been better off standing there not saying anything and just giving everyone the finger. AAARRRGGGGGhhhhhh
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited February 2007

great watching my 4th show in a row
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited February 2007
    watching "Mayhem of the Mooninites"
    meat wad steals a pair of Polk speakers
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    hoosier21 wrote:

Awesome... I think a six-pack and an Aqua Teen marathon is just what the doctor ordered.

Gotta love The Foreigner Belt:D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    Did you hear Sean Stevens and Peter Berdovsky (the two guys responsible for putting up all the "bombs") will only answer questions by the press concerning hair styles of the '70's?

effin hilarious!!!!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    Did you hear Sean Stevens and Peter Berdovsky (the two guys responsible for putting up all the "bombs") will only answer questions by the press concerning hair styles of the '70's?

effin hilarious!!!!

Whats even funnier in my eyes is how willing Turner BCing is to pay the $800,000 in costs to the city of Boston for the scare. They received multi-millions worth of advertising for under a million, what more could they want.

Wouldn't suprise me if in the end it was someone affiliated with Sean and Peter that made the call for the "bombs".
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    The video is posted above. My sympathy for them is waning. If I was caught up in something like this I would feel incredibly embarassed. I wouldn't be acting like a jackass and holding a press conference merely to mock the city. At the end of this day it's still a serious issue due to the cost. I don't think that means they should be charged, but now....
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited February 2007
    Maybe I too stupid to figure it out, but I still don't get how the hell this was thought to be a bomb?!?!?!

I guess people think now terrorists use Lite-Brite on their bombs to flick you off before you die.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited February 2007
    Maybe the next real terrorist will really put something in a Lite-Brite box.

Maybe the polk club people can predict what will happen next.

Don't underestimate these ****.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    hoosier21 wrote:

a pair of RT2000's I believe. Hey, the Mooninites have pretty good taste, I'll give them that :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2007
    Bingo! And then these same people will then be screaming that the authorities should have been more proactive!

bikezappa wrote:
    Maybe the next real terrorist will really put something in a Lite-Brite box.

Maybe the polk club people can predict what will happen next.

Don't underestimate these ****.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    Ladies and gentleman!!! Appearing for the first time ever on this stage!!

May I introduce to you.....

CIRCULAR REASONING!!!!!!!
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2007
    this place is really funny today. :)

TGIF!!! between this thread and the deadly vaccines I can't stop laughing.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    What the hell.. it deserves another round:D

Mooninites
    Inignot: On the moon, the weekend has advanced beyond your wildest dreams. Weekends now take up the entire week, and jobs have been phased out accordingly.
    Err: We get checks from the government. And we use them to buy beer.

Inignot: You and your third dimension.
    Frylock: What about it?
    Inignot: Oh, nothing, it’s cute. We have five.
    [pause]
    Err: Thousand.
    Inignot: Yes, five thousand.
    Err: Don’t question it.
    Frylock: Oh, yeah? Well, I only see two.
    Inignot: Well, that sounds like a personal problem.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    Mooninites

"You have deeply offended us and our god, and our god is a god of vengeance and horror!"
    "And ACTION!"
    "Our god is an Indian who turns into a wolf!"
    "... No, that's Wolfen, man."
    "Oh... well, the Wolfen will come after you with his razor!"
    - Ignignockt and Err, ATHF episode 8: "Revenge of the Mooninites"
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2007
    Turner pays $2M to make the whole thing go away

It was probably worth it for the exposure :p
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    PhantomOG wrote:
    Turner pays $2M to make the whole thing go away

It was probably worth it for the exposure :p

The campaign also had been staged in nine other big U.S. cities in recent weeks without drawing as much attention.
    Bomb squads were called in and bridges and highways were shut down last Wednesday when authorities found more than three dozen electronic boards depicting a boxy cartoon character giving the finger.
    "Last week's events caused a major disruption in the greater Boston area on many levels," Coakley said, "crippling public transportation, causing serious traffic problems, negatively affecting local businesses and perhaps most significantly, costing Boston and surrounding communities thousands of dollars."

Do you think that the overreaction to this in Boston made the terrorists realize that for their main objective of disruption they don't need to spend A LOT of money now on real bombs or weapons of mass destruction. They just have to leave some wierd looking items stategically placed and the people in this country will shudder in fear and stop all commerce???

If this is the case they have won not to mention that their terror has cost a major communications company $2 million.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007
    "Last week's events caused a major disruption in the greater Boston area on many levels," Coakley said, "crippling public transportation, causing serious traffic problems, negatively affecting local businesses and perhaps most significantly, costing Boston and surrounding communities thousands of dollars."

Yep, it won't be long before a **** in the wrong place will bring this country to mass panic. What happened to, "the land of the brave?"
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk