• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    Haha, someone's selling one of these on eBay
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    http://www.live-evil.com/moonquotes.html (there ya go Darla)

Demi... (ahem)

u have wot army? i wuz scert til i see u pic. gurl shoos? hhahahhhahahhhhahhhalollooloollllolo!!!!!!! git a lif.

I was not put on this earth to listen to Zombie Boy!
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:

Oh...check this out:
    3) I am going to use at least some of the money from this to fund more public art in Boston, as it shouldn't take guerrilla advertising to make our public spaces more exciting.

You know, whatever, but..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:

If I had the money I'd buy it, thats a piece of history right there.
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    You know, whatever, but..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah... welcome to the People's Republic of Boston.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    shack wrote:
    It's the chowder I tell ya....there is something wrong with that stuff.

In New England clam chowd:D er they liberally add corn and we all know that corn makes cowards of us all. LOL
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007

You mean to tell me cartoon technology hasn't improved since Clutch Cargo days?
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    Not much..
    you should see Sealab 2021. They didn't change a thing after twenty-plus years:D

Cartoonists are a lazy breed. And they tend to bring down property value.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    Not much..
    you should see Sealab 2021. They didn't change a thing after twenty-plus years:D

Cartoonists are a lazy breed. And they tend to bring down property value.

When my little guy is watching today's cartoons it feels as though fingernails are running down a black board. They really suck compared to what we had.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    You probably wouldn't want your kid watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force (or anything on Cartoon Network after 10pm). There's a reason they call it Adult Swim...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    shack wrote:
    It's the chowder I tell ya....there is something wrong with that stuff.

Maybe I moved 16 years ago from that area, and never really got the real New England Chowder again.... But I never see their end of any news that comes from MA now either. No chowder no odd thoughts. Hmmm.........

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2007
    Well the show that this was promoting is going to be getting more viewers than any publicity stunt could ever have gotten.

here is a link to see pics of the two guys who placed the lite brite signs up. i could not get them to save and post here.. so the link will have to do.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/galleries/567.html?SITE=KING&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=USHEADS.html
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    You can rest assured those two people that were arrested in Boston for doing this will have multi-million dollar lawsuits against the city for wrongful arrests and probably numerous other things.

Nice work city of Boston for wasting more taxpayer dollars.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007
    cfrizz wrote:
    They have arrested the 2 men that hung them up & they are talking about arresting executives at Turner next.

That is unconscionable!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bobman1235
    edited February 2007
    You mean to tell me cartoon technology hasn't improved since Clutch Cargo days?

Much like South Park, the awful animation is kind of part of the joke. Just because they HAVE the technology doesn't mean they have to use it.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    It's funny you say that because I saw on a South Park documentary that they pretty much used the same technology in their animation as they do with films such as Jurassic Park. Supposedly a lot goes into making it look so crappy...
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2007
    I... dont' think that's true. An episode of the Simpsons takes several months to produce, and costs like a million dollars all told. South Park episodes are done in like, days. So unless that technology is getting pumped into releasing it as fast as possible...

Are you sure it wasn't a MOCKumentary?
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    Come on' Bob.. give me more credit than that. It was a VH1 special.. I'll try to dredge it up. But I'm fairly certain that was the analogy they made...
    The key is that it is the same technology and/or software. Maybe not used to the same potential (obviously)...
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited February 2007
    PhantomOG wrote:
    well, a hell of alot more people know about Aqua Teen Hunger Force now than before :p

Got that right. I live near Boston and ALL the news stations are telling what cartoon they were advertizing for and even what time it will be one. WTF.

Don't you need a permit to put light signs everywhere?

Get and fine the people that thought this one up not the 2 people that installed them.
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2007
    Come on' Bob.. give me more credit than that. It was a VH1 special.. I'll try to dredge it up. But I'm fairly certain that was the analogy they made...
    The key is that it is the same technology and/or software. Maybe not used to the same potential (obviously)...

No discredit intended, I just.... I know South Park at least USED to be ridiculously cheap and easy to make, and it sure hasn't changed much.
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    South Park used to be IMPOSSIBLE to make. Trey & Matt had to do it all by hand. In fact, they used to use construction paper to do it. It apparently took them forever to do their initial sketches.

It now takes them six days.

This is all on their DVDs.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    No discredit intended, I just.... I know South Park at least USED to be ridiculously cheap and easy to make, and it sure hasn't changed much.

:D None taken.. That's the thing. It used to be incredibly painstaking to make. So they started using this advanced software to speed up the process. Before, it was organizing pieces of cardboard paper and taking a single shot frame by frame.... I think they even did an episode spoofing this method. It took Kyle, Stan and Cartman an entire day just to create 3 seconds of some cartoon they were making...

They just maintain the original crappy look.

edit: nevermind, just read Demi's post... I'm stooooooooopid:D
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    What a waste to prosecute these guys.
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2007
    Well, the lesson, as usual - I have no idea what I'm talking about .

:D
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:

I figure my South Park knowledge will be a great resume enhancer someday, God forbid I need one. :p
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:

:D But you have some idea of what I'm talking about of which I have none and Demi has all...

Which makes it Colonel Mustard in the Library with the Candlestick.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    What a waste to prosecute these guys.

at this point, I think alot of what will be fueling the prosecution will be anger/shame/revenge of city officials for being made to look like fools.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    PhantomOG wrote:
    at this point, I think alot of what will be fueling the prosecution will be anger/shame/revenge of city officials for being made to look like fools.

Yep! "Send in the robot! Its going to blow up!!"
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    A co-worker just came up to me and said "have you seen the publicity we have been getting?" and I was like "no????" and he was like look, and handed me a picture of the Lite Brite back, they are powered with Duracell batteries! I work at the PG/Gillete/Duracell R&D facility.

In the end he said we need to change our slogan from "Trusted Everywhere" to "Trusted Everywhere, Including by Terrorists"
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    The video of the Boston "terrorists" putting up all the fake bombs...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv9s_fz0K2I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv9s_fz0K2I&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This guys are getting so jobbed. The local gubmint in Boston should be ashamed of itself thus far.