Cartoon Network Causes "Terrorist Alert" in Boston

Bill Ayotte
Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Did anyone else see this on Fox News? They called in 9 different bomb threats because a cartoon mini-billboard "looked suspicious" What the hell is happening to this country?
Post edited by Bill Ayotte on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Yup, we mentioned it towards the end of the first page in this thread :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2007
    audiobliss wrote:
    Yeah. Appearantly about 10AM today the bomb squad destroyed what was essentially a bomb without the explosives that a motorist spotted sitting by a support beam for a bridge and reported, and then those 5 similar-looking boxes were found later. Those 5 boxes were a hoax, someone's sick joke.
    The funny part about this is that it was a NATION wide advertising campaign. How stupid have people become?:confused:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    Someone obviously forgot to tell us that it was an advertising campaign! They stuck them under bridges, or on bridges as well as other places. In this day and age that is just plain stupid!

I never watch the cartoon network so I wouldn't have a clue what those damn things are, and if I saw one hanging under a bridge I would have dialled 911 myself.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    Police aren't laughing, someone is going to have a bad time over this. Probably lose their job.
    Carl

• bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    The Mooninites say...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    Bob......perfect!!!

I have to say, there's a lot of really stupid people in this country. Say, isn't that John Kerry land!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    I wonder what the honcho's in Liberalchussetts are thinking about fighting terror in the Middle East on their turf now!!!! They are all probably hiding under their beds.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2007
    They have arrested the 2 men that hung them up & they are talking about arresting executives at Turner next.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    Unreal Massholes just shock me everyday.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• bobman1235
    edited February 2007
    Also, they plan on outlawing Lite-Brite, and any device that has "batteries" or "wires" visible, as they could be interpreted as a threat.

The Mayor of Boston responded to this with unintelligible drunk mumbling.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    Nice one, bobman. :D

It's pretty sad these folks are going to get charged. Doesn't intention play any role here? It's not like they intended for morons to take Lite-Brites for bombs.....
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    odd thing is, and correct me if I am wrong, but didnt this happen in...like...10 cities. and Boston is the only one that flipped out. Also, supossedly these things were up for weeks before this hapenned.

a bit of an overreaction, even if one scared some people, the device could be observed, and noted to not be a bomb in about 5 seconds. its a friggin lite brite.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    ohskigod wrote:
    odd thing is, and correct me if I am wrong, but didnt this happen in...like...10 cities. and Boston is the only one that flipped out. Also, supossedly these things were up for weeks before this hapenned.

a bit of an overreaction, even if one scared some people, the device could be observed, and noted to not be a bomb in about 5 seconds. its a friggin lite brite.

It's the chowder I tell ya....there is something wrong with that stuff.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2007
    the point can be made that this stunt tended to the irresponsible side, but I think leading execs in shackles might be a little overboard. perhaps a fine after some negotiation can be worked out, but step back and take a breath for god's sakes.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2007
    Turner hired a marketing firm Interference Inc. to do the marketing. If anything they'll be the scapegoat.

There were a bunch of those here in Austin. I don't think anyone gave them a second look.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2007
    well, a hell of alot more people know about Aqua Teen Hunger Force now than before :p
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2007
    might be the point, hell, Comedy central should pay Boston a crapload of money just for the publicity :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    Which is a good thing... you can't buy publicity like this. And it is the funniest show ever created by anbody, anywhere, in any universe, at any time.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Which is a good thing... you can't buy publicity like this. And it is the funniest show ever created by anbody, anywhere, in any universe, at any time.

Maybe if you're high....

Very funny show, but not that funny.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    Did I just say "funny"? Please add most inspiring, influential, dramatic, awe-inducing, pleasurable, desirable, insatiable, salty, red, fat, and fishy to my list...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Did I just say "funny"? Please add most inspiring, influential, dramatic, awe-inducing, pleasurable, desirable, insatiable, salty, red, fat, and fishy to my list...

Ow! Damn! You hit me in the chin!

You know, we should probably get going. I mean, this is how fights start.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2007
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force Rocks! Go Ignignok!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force Rocks! Go Ignignok!

Well, I'M sorry but if you don't cooperate somebody's gonna have their mouth stabbed shut with skewers!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Ow! Damn! You hit me in the chin!

You know, we should probably get going. I mean, this is how fights start.

:D Nah, I'm not done with you yet... (ahem)

U sux.. Ur stoopid. Right? Peopl ax me, wys demi sooooo dum? i sex cuz he stink... u hav bad breet. word
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    Aquateen.jpg

They look like terrorists to me....
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    :D Nah, I'm not done with you yet... (ahem)

U sux.. Ur stoopid. Right? Peopl ax me, wys demi sooooo dum? i sex cuz he stink... u hav bad breet. word

You're about to not have a mouth! And I mean it! I'LL RIP IT OFF!
  • wingnut4772
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    You're about to not have a mouth! And I mean it! I'LL RIP IT OFF!

Feel my rage!:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    http://www.live-evil.com/moonquotes.html (there ya go Darla)

Demi... (ahem)

u have wot army? i wuz scert til i see u pic. gurl shoos? hhahahhhahahhhhahhhalollooloollllolo!!!!!!! git a lif.
  • wingnut4772
    edited February 2007
    http://www.live-evil.com/moonquotes.html (there ya go Darla)

Demi... (ahem)

u have wot army? i wuz scert til i see u pic. gurl shoos? hhahahhhahahhhhahhhalollooloollllolo!!!!!!! git a lif.

Awesome!:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007