SRT's FS in WISC.

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    Thanks. I'm checking the weather reports to see if it's feasible to make that trip this weekend.

It's -10 to -20 here this weekend. No snow.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited February 2007
    NYC huh ... You're just over the Bridge / though the tunnel ... didn't realize you were that close ...
  • PolkWannabie
    edited February 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    This is how i transported my 1st srt system from denver.
    1st SRT System ??? ... You let 'em get away ? ... Or was that a good samaritan move for someone else ?
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited February 2007
    1st SRT System ??? ... You let 'em get away ? ... Or was that a good samaritan move for someone else ?

I believe he is an SRT ****'der.........I mean hoarder :D:p
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    This is his digital discreet enhanced upgrade. Congrats on the sickness and I pity your neighborhood. Take your work truck, you will make much better time. :D
  • PolkWannabie
    edited February 2007
    I actually considered getting them for "rears" ... But no way I was making that road trip ( 14+ hours one way and 200+ miles past Chicago ... Ughhh ) at this time of the year with what would for me need to be a rented van ... Would've been simpler to fly out, rent something and drive back ...
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2007
    I was surprised that they sold at that high of price!
  • PolkWannabie
    edited February 2007
    Original cost for the front pair of satellites and subwoofs with SRT Controller was about $7k ...

Given that in essence there is another satellite whether it's serving as a center or otherwise, I'm not all that surprised.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    Good snag Ed! Congrats! Have a safe trip out there!
    Carl

• Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    It was bad enough fitting 1.2tls in a windstar minivan. Talk about bad handling putting all that weight in the back minivan felt like it had flat tires even after I put almost 50 lbs in the tires.

Thats an awesome score !

Dropem off at my place if you need to store them for a return trip hehehehe
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited February 2007

I have a complete srt system. I bought these to use as rear channel speakers.
    My srt system consist of the mains with subs, srt center and 2 fx 1000.
    I'm going to use the srt center along with the satelite speaker for center and the 2 satelite/subs for rear left and rear right. The 2 fx 1000 will be used for surround back in bipole mode.
    There's no other way to enjoy multichannel sacd/dvd a music than to use 5 identical speakers.
    Now i need to save for a front projection and a 60-70 inch dlp rear projector to complete the living room theather.
    I want the living room to have 2 screens. 1 to watch tv/dvds and 1 for special occasions.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2007
    Man, that's just SICK. SICK I tell ya.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Polk65
    edited February 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    I want the living room to have 2 screens. 1 to watch tv/dvds and 1 for special occasions.

That'd be the one where the ball drops and the fuzzy carpet bed starts spinning.
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2007
    NYC huh ... You're just over the Bridge / though the tunnel ... didn't realize you were that close ...

Where in jersey? I lived in north bergen for 5 years back in the late 80's-early 90's. I had to move back to ny due to residence requirements from my employer.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2007
    I live near the gwb now.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Good snag Ed! Congrats! Have a safe trip out there!

Thanks carl. I'll be making that trip next weekend.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited February 2007
    congrats on your win. i love it when a plan comes together. they look awesome. REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2007
    Congrats,,may your journey be a safe and pleasant one.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • PolkWannabie
    edited February 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    Where in jersey? I lived in north bergen for 5 years back in the late 80's-early 90's. I had to move back to ny due to residence requirements from my employer.
    In Denville which is in the middle of Morris County ...
    ESAVINON wrote:
    I have a complete srt system. I bought these to use as rear channel speakers. My srt system consist of the mains with subs, srt center and 2 fx 1000. I'm going to use the srt center along with the satelite speaker for center and the 2 satelite/subs for rear left and rear right. The 2 fx 1000 will be used for surround back in bipole mode. There's no other way to enjoy multichannel sacd/dvd a music than to use 5 identical speakers. Now i need to save for a front projection and a 60-70 inch dlp rear projector to complete the living room theather. I want the living room to have 2 screens. 1 to watch tv/dvds and 1 for special occasions.
    Your set up is similar to mine as I am using FX 1000's on the sides and SRT SDA Surrounds in the rear and already have the 70+" DLP ...

Good luck with your trip and new setup ...

Post some pix when you get a chance ...
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2007
    I'm pretty sure my wife would tell me I can get those after we're divorced with whatever money I have left.

Nice score, and congrats on the new progress on the HT.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2007
    How's the weather in the great lakes region?
    I'm leaving from nyc on saturday night to arrive at wisconsin on sunday in the afternoon.
    Any recommendations on any good steak,bbq, or tex/mex restaurants between ny and wisconsin?

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • Polk65
    edited February 2007
    Take your work truck and bring back some thick slabs of cheese for Polkfest 2007.

If you see any Shoney's pull over.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited February 2007
    Single digit cold around Chicago/North IL. Forecast says warmer for the weekend. Saturday 18 F, Sunday 26 F. Chance of snow Sunday night.

I presume you’ll be taking I80 to I294. Near to the expressway in the Chicago area, Gibsons is a fine steakhouse in Rosemont near I294 and 190. (847) 928-9900, 5464 North River Road Rosemont IL 60018. A little further up the road there is Morton's, the Steakhouse, (847) 413-8771, 1470 Mcconnor Pkwy, Schaumburg IL, off I90 West of I294. Reservations would most likely be required for the weekend.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited February 2007
    Sending the boy to some pretty good and upscale places.Save your dough,hit the tollway reststop crap for a burger and some Starbucks to stay awake.When you have some time and find yourself in our neck of the woods again,sure a bunch of us could haul your **** down to Mortons for some good eats and audio chit-chat.:)

Of coarse your always welcome at camp Barone for a ribeye and a cold one.:)
    And before you ask,no relation to "Ray":)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    How's the weather in the great lakes region?
    I'm leaving from nyc on saturday night to arrive at wisconsin on sunday in the afternoon.
    Any recommendations on any good steak,bbq, or tex/mex restaurants between ny and wisconsin?

No snow, and warm(er) teens in 20s this weekend, instead of -10 to -20. ;)
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    Drive safely Ed! Good luck and fair weather!
    Carl

• ESavinon
    edited February 2007
    I'm heading out right now. I just got in from work and i intend to drive nonstop until i arrive.
    If my laptop based gps is correct, i should arrive sometime in the afternoon on sunday.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited February 2007
    He prob drove 120 mph out there and now is cruising back at a stately 25 mph as not to mess up the innards.