SRT's FS in WISC.

heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,160
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Looks like a full compliment of SRT's FS in Wisconsin. He's replacing them with a Klipsch THX HT set-up. I think he might be a bit disappointed. These don't come up FS too often

No affil........but could be a great opportunity for some one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/POLK-SRT-HOME-THEATER-SYSTEM-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-NR_W0QQitemZ260080616290QQihZ016QQcategoryZ71571QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by heiney9 on

Comments

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited January 2007
    MIne Mine All Mine!!! HA HA HA HA!!! :cool:
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • ESavinon
    edited January 2007
    After i win these, I'll sell 3 pairs of sda speakers.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    Most of the text is straight from Polk Audio ...

From the little amount of description he wrote and the pictures it would appear he has only the mains and controller i.e. no surrounds. He's using another SRT satellite as a center which seems to be at least a little odd but probably works well with proper biamped or biwired amplification.
  • whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited January 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    After i win these, I'll sell 3 pairs of sda speakers.

i`ll take the crs`s that you stole from me.hehe(ebay)
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited January 2007
    Which SDA's? I need a pair! l ol
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • ESavinon
    edited January 2007
    I'll be selling a pair of crs+ blade/blade with original stands, srs 2 blade/blade, and a pair of sda srs 1.2 tl with upgraded tweeters.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    i sent him a question about local pickup and he said fine, I am also thinking this is not the entire set.

RT1
  • ESavinon
    edited January 2007
    It's the main speakers and the center only.
    They're mine, all mine so don't event think about it :cool: .
    I'm also going to sell a pair fx 1000 once i get these srt.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    It's the main speakers and the center only.
    They're mine, all mine so don't event think about it :cool: .
    I'm also going to sell a pair fx 1000 once i get these srt.

Good luck Ed! I'm pulling for ya!!!!
    Carl

• ESavinon
    edited January 2007
    Thanks carl. I'm going to win these :cool: .
    I'm ready for another road trip(2000 miles round trip).

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:

I was thinking that to myself LOL! If you're willing to travel that distance, they should be yours at no cost!
    Carl

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    I might be interested in the fx1000's.......let me know.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ESavinon
    edited January 2007
    tonyb wrote:
    I might be interested in the fx1000's.......let me know.

What color would you like black ash or cherry vinyl?

The original color is cherry. I'm going to reveneer them in black due to the fact that the original vinyl coating chipped in a couple of corners.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    Cherry,but Pm me with info,price,condition,location,yada,yada.yada....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • PolkWannabie
    edited January 2007
    For any who are interested ... I asked the seller to forward some clear pictures ... he said he would but then that was two days ago ... If and when he does I'll post them here ...
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited February 2007
    how many are watching bidding on these?
    will be interesting
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • pacificoastbear
    pacificoastbear Posts: 105
    edited February 2007
    Those are quite the set.
  • PolkWannabie
    edited February 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    Thanks carl. I'm going to win these :cool: .
    Congrats ... Great determination in getting these ... Glad they went to a Polkie ...

For planning purposes, keep in mind that he doesn't have a true SRT Center. He's using another main satellite as his center. :eek: This presents small problems in that by defiition it must be biwired and/or biamped or triamped ( See picture of Satellite Terminals ) and when laid on it's side will be taller ( 12" ) and heavier ( 70+ pounds ) then even the SRT center which is a beast ... These are of course good problems to have ... :D

Best of luck getting them back to your place and if you need a manual for them you can probably still get one directly from Polk and if not one of us other owners of "the black sheep of the family" will be happy to send a copy of it along ... There are a myriad of ways to hook these up so if you need help or just another opinion be sure to ask ...
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2007
    Thanks for the info.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2007
    LOL, love the warning on the label!

Did ESAVINON win these? Hope they stay in the Forum Family.

John
    No excuses!
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    Anyone need a kidney, or know someone who does?
    I want to keep my SDA's
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    He won them or someone copied his screen name. He is probally running in circles, screaming for joy, and doing the happy dance!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2007
    Looks like Esavinon won these! Not sure where you're coming from to pick them up, let your Northern IL and WI polkies know if you need any help!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited February 2007
    Nice score!

Looks like he also picked up some CRS+'s recently, too.

He also has 100% feedback with almost 400 transactions - good job.
  • PolkWannabie
    edited February 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    Thanks for the info.
    You may be interested in these out-takes from the manual which I posted some time ago ...

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16649&highlight=srt%27s
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2007
    Ok i confess.....I won. I'm very happy. I'm driving from nyc to pick them up.
    I have a slight case of sticker shock but nevertheless, i'm happy about winning these.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited February 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    Ok i confess.....I won. I'm very happy. I'm driving from nyc to pick them up.
    I have a slight case of sticker shock but nevertheless, i'm happy about winning these.

Congrats......be sure to pack your long johns if you are coming to the upper midwest in the next week or so. I'm sure you are used to the cold in NYC, but it isn't any warmer around here :)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • PolkWannabie
    edited February 2007
    As I'm sure you've guessed ... You won't fit the 6 cartons in a car ... They'll probably fit in a van ...
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2007
    Thanks. I'm checking the weather reports to see if it's feasible to make that trip this weekend.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2007
    I have a mini van. I'm removing all the rear seats.
    This is how i transported my 1st srt system from denver.

The SRT SEISMIC System: