Aliens ask wrong people in van about work

2»

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited January 2007
    Now, what LARGE future need does the government see that would require a large reserve of manpower ? A large reserve of manpower that could be enticed into filling with the promise that "Answer the call, and you will be rewarded with citizenship" ?

Historically, countries that have depended on large numbers of mercenary troops have bitterly regretted it. Mercenaries have a tendency to sell out for a better deal or to cross over to the opposing side when things got too hot on the battlefield.

Citizenship is not an enticement because it brings civil and financial (i.e. TAXES) responsibilities. The vast majority of illegal immigrants, from whatever country, have no real interest in legally assimilating into American society. Many, if not most, of them only come here to work so that they can send money back home. As we all know, home is where the heart is.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • DarqueKnight
    edited January 2007
    Rivrrat wrote:
    We need them, but we need a guest worker program, so we know who, where, and when.

No, we don't need them. It is only greedy business people who need people willing to live like animals in squalid, overcrowded conditions and work for slave wages.

Why do we need them? Because they do jobs that Americans won't do? Don't insult my intelligence. They do jobs that Americans won't do for slave wages. Name one job that is performed by illegal aliens that Americans simply will not do, even if they are provided with a decent wage.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited January 2007
    Many of the women that do come over are workin like hell to get a baby popped out so that they can get that lil kid titled American and then be granted citizenship that route......

IMO if you pop out a kid in this country and you're not a citizen, you and your newly hospital released healthy baby are welcome to board the bus that has bars and take a one way back home. I don't care if the kid did nothing wrong blah blah blah......play by the rules or go home.........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    brettw22 wrote:

IMO if you pop out a kid in this country and you're not a citizen, you and your newly hospital released healthy baby are welcome to board the bus that has bars and take a one way back home. I don't care if the kid did nothing wrong blah blah blah......play by the rules or go home.........
    Yikes! these creatures can breed?

screw the edit, they are creatures.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited January 2007
    creatures? comments like that are uncalled for. unless you are an american indian. you or your parents or grandparents or great grandparents immigrated here also. does that make them creatures also? because they wanted a better way of life? each and everyone of us here are blessed to be here in this country. whether having immigrated here or born here. that is one of the reasons that america is the great country that it is today is immigrants. a true melting pot of people from all over the world. they are people the same as me or you not animals or creatures.they are people that are here illegaly yes. and i agree something does need to be done about it. and as i suggested earlier the incenitive for individuals and companys here to hire illegals needs to be taken away or it will never stop. when someone is caught having an illegal in there hire fine the hell out of them. so they are afraid to hire another one. this is the only way it will ever be stopped. they wont come if there is no work. REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2007
    Apparently illegals can use our court system to sue: http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/229148,CST-NWS-ley25.article
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2007
    Yikes! these "aliens"/"creatures" can breed?

un-edited for PC...
    yep, and i don't go to the hospital because of the prices having been driven up so high. hello, i live in tucson, az. sorry, snow.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited January 2007
    wodom1 wrote:
    Apparently illegals can use our court system to sue: http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/229148,CST-NWS-ley25.article

Given the way our country is going, I bet $5 she ultimately wins $2 million for "mental anguish", gets to keep the car *AND* not have to pay taxes on it...

Come here illegally, take advantage of our social programs, then sue someone and win the lottery! I love dis country!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    No...no! That's a waste of human resources. Catch 'em, send 'em to boot camp, then off to Afghanistan and Iraq. Oh, by the way, no live ammo for the new recruits until they reach their duty station. We don't want to facilitate AWOL new recruits going into the armed robbery business.

What do you think?

I'm sold! They can earn citizenship by doing a tour in Iraq and also given amnesty if they make it out of there. Chances are they would go over to the insurgents and the Islamo-facists anyway.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Yikes! these "aliens" can breed?

edited for PC...

EFFFFF PC!
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited January 2007
    I guess CP is not PC eh? :p
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    snow wrote:
    creatures? comments like that are uncalled for. unless you are an american indian. you or your parents or grandparents or great grandparents immigrated here also. does that make them creatures also? because they wanted a better way of life? each and everyone of us here are blessed to be here in this country. whether having immigrated here or born here. that is one of the reasons that america is the great country that it is today is immigrants. a true melting pot of people from all over the world. they are people the same as me or you not animals or creatures.they are people that are here illegaly yes. and i agree something does need to be done about it. and as i suggested earlier the incenitive for individuals and companys here to hire illegals needs to be taken away or it will never stop. when someone is caught having an illegal in there hire fine the hell out of them. so they are afraid to hire another one. this is the only way it will ever be stopped. they wont come if there is no work. REGARDS SNOW

Sorry snow, I think that criminals should be treated as criminals (creatures) especially ones that think the US owes them something.
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2007
    maybe snow is hearing impaired...:rolleyes:

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    BIZILL wrote:
    maybe snow is hearing impaired...:rolleyes:

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk:D
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    Rivrrat wrote:
    Living in Tucson, I'm on the front lines, and I've come to realize the truth is the feds want them here. We in Az try to fight back at the polls. We vote in laws taking away unearned privleges, enact voter ID, and even patrol our own damned borders to help the border patrol. Even our Dem Gov threatened to put the Nat Guard on the border if Bush wouldn't.

So the feds put the guard on the border temporarilly, hire a few extra border patrollers, enact legislation to build a fence and don't fund it. The courts try to rule all our new laws unconstitutional, threaten to lock up citizen patrol groups as domestic terrorists, and have thrown border patrollers in jail for doing their job too well.

It's pretty obvious that both sides want them here for various reasons, and until that mindset changes, there's nothing we can do about it.
    VSchneider wrote:
    I am a first generation immigrant and a proud US citizen, and I am trying to be open-minded and all, but it sickens me to read and hear about incidents like this one. These people are in the country ILLEGALY, and many have criminal records. The CASA called this an “illegal raid”?! hello? These “poor souls” came to the agents themselves! Am I missing something here?

It took my family over 10 years to get here legally, and my mother’s mom and her brother have waited for 20 (!) to see each other again. I don’t want people to go through crap and humiliation only because my family and I did, but let them abide the laws and respect the country they want to live in.

In my opinion the whole situation around illegal immigration in our country is ridiculous and blown out of proportions by politicians trying to win votes. More laws? Aren’t there already enough that are not enforced?

- Val

My parents applied, waited years and were finally accepted. Now we pay into the system of which illegals flaunt the rules. *sic*
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    snow wrote:

Wish it could happen that way but it won't.Who do you think employ's these people?And the ones that don't have direct ownership,where do you think they send their campaign contributions to ? Follow the money trail and you will always find the culprit.Unfortunatly,getting the people who make the laws to change them and take money out of their pockets is an uphill battle.More and more in this country people are wakeing up to the fact that alot of our problems are inter twined and most come from capital hill.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2007
    but there is a new dynamic to consider these days. terrorists getting through just as easily as the mexicoans. tell me our government isn't truely behind keeping with the status quo...

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    snow wrote:
    ... unless you are an american indian. you or your parents or grandparents or great grandparents immigrated here also. does that make them creatures also?
    There's a large difference you seem to have conveniently forgotten/overlooked. There's no trial necessary for illegal aliens as they should not be entitled to anything other then swift exit. Catch and release is total nonsense. We don't need a fence ... What we need are lasers and blackhawks ... You come in through the route you're supposed to or you're toast. This of course will never happen, but if it did the problem would shrink to nothing almost immediately.
  • snow
    edited January 2007
    Sorry snow, I think that criminals should be treated as criminals (creatures) especially ones that think the US owes them something.
    i never said that illegal aliens should not be treated as criminals. if you commit a crime you are a criminal. and should be treated as such. being described as a creature inferring something other than human. is in my oppinion uncalled for and solves nothing. REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    Sorry ... They are not entitled to the rights that criminals who are citizens are entitled to ...
  • snow
    edited January 2007
    Sorry ... They are not entitled to the rights that criminals who are citizens are entitled to ...
    one of the rights we have here is free speech. and you along with everyone else are entitled to there oppinion. i agree with most of what has been said so far on this matter. yes we do have a problem and we need to fix it. i agree with bill about the medical issues.it needs to change.i think everyone should be entitiled to the same laws and code of justice though. this is my last post on this matter. one thing we all can agree on is our love of music though.:D
    REGARDS SNOW
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    What we need are lasers and blackhawks ... You come in through the route you're supposed to or you're toast.

Best idea I've heard yet!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited January 2007
    There's a large difference you seem to have conveniently forgotten/overlooked. There's no trial necessary for illegal aliens as they should not be entitled to anything other then swift exit. Catch and release is total nonsense. We don't need a fence ... What we need are lasers and blackhawks ... You come in through the route you're supposed to or you're toast. This of course will never happen, but if it did the problem would shrink to nothing almost immediately.

OK, Take some of the prisoners and build 2 railway tracks and fence system along the border. They can work the rail road line to help reduce their sentence and learn a trade or 2. They can sleep in the cars as a mobile prison and it moves with the progress.In the meanwhile you are training new MC Army snipers along the border. This will help hone in skills and provide real training. Once the fence is complete you now have new a transportation system from California to Florida. This will ease gas prices and reduce traffic on roadways.

Then any illegal people crossing over will have to work in a mobile prison to fix the fence.

Just thinking out loud!
    Steve
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • DarqueKnight
    edited January 2007
    snow wrote:
    and as i suggested earlier the incenitive for individuals and companys here to hire illegals needs to be taken away or it will never stop.

Excellent point, and actually, that is all there is to it. The sad truth is that this country has always had a sick addiction to slave labor. First it was Europeans sent over here to work in prison labor camps and in "indentured servitude"arrangements, then it was Native Americans (most of whom simply ran away), then Africans, and now it is primarily Mexicans and to a smaller extent Latin Americans and Asians.

It is so unfortunate that the people who are hooked on this so-called "cheap labor" do not realize, or care, that all they are really doing is shifting costs from one segment of society to another. Sure, businesses don't have to pay taxes and other assessments on illegal alien wages, but the increased costs the taxpayer pays in providing healthcare, jail care, education for alien children, increased law inforcement costs, and decreases in residental property values far negates any benefits brought by labor cost savings.

Added to this is the drain on our economy of tens of billions of dollars leaving the country every year because a significant amount of the wages illegal aliens earn is sent back to their native country to support relatives.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited January 2007
    All illegal aliens are criminals. That is why they are called I-L-L-E-G-A-L.
    Send them to jail. But, for fun, put the jail in Cuba and make it nastier than the Mexican jails.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    wow, i just read this thread from this more and my "creatures" comment kinda took off.

I put it back the way it was. F*#$ PC
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited January 2007
    Why do we even have a border crossing check station! Think of how much money we could save if we just shut it down. It's nothing but a dog and pony show anymore!
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • DarqueKnight
    edited January 2007

screw the edit, they are creatures.

Do you have an equally discriptive term for the good citizens who hire these "creatures"?
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2007
    For anyone still concerned with following the law, the Constitution prohibits indentured servitude, as in forced labor in exchange for citizenship. There is a reason for that. Second, any child born in the U.S. is a natural citizen.

These alone justify stopping them at the border, IMO
    We have a House of Congress and a President who refuse to uphold the laws of the U.S. as they pledged ln their oathes of office. We have a problem folks.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Do you have an equally discriptive term for the good citizens who hire these "creatures"?

I do>>>>>>>>>>> CRIMINALS.