Another stupid lawmaker

Comments

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited January 2007
    that's an odd law indeed.

No, it's not odd. It's insane. Demi she doesn't need a spanking she needs a whipping.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    She would probably like it... ;)
  • aaharvel
    edited January 2007
    not if I had anything to do with it.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    People's Republik of Kalifornia and the North East, I presume.

By North East I'm assuming the Democratic state of Taxachussetts.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2007
    This is really scary.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • aaharvel
    edited January 2007
    is it now illegal to paddle a kid in school? by principal or whomever?

I remember when I was a kid that kept alot of us (myself included) in line.

Considering kids today are so much more prone to misbehavior- due to sociological reasons or whatever other jargon, i would think that this legislation would be VERY scary.

CA's public school system is already a mess. Wait. The entire public school system is a mess.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

• I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited January 2007
    By North East I'm assuming the Democratic state of Taxachussetts.

....and Zoo Jersey and the Kingdom of Maryland and NYC among others.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • TheReaper
    TheReaper Posts: 636
    edited January 2007
    janmike wrote:
    NO, that is not the only way. I assume you have several children of your own.
    Yes, a son 26 and a daughter 23.
    Win7 Media Center -> Onkyo TXSR702 -> Polk Rti70
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    We already have laws against child abuse in every state in the Union.
    People break them everyday. This law would do nothing to protect children, and is just a very very bad idea. I bet she picked age 5 as ok to spank because that is when the child goes to school and some schools still will use corporal punishment with permission from the parent. Spanking is either OK or its not there is no magic age.

Child abuse is never OK.

RT1
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2007
    ..just 1 good earthquake lord...just one...and our common sense shall returneth...LOL

Friggin Kalifornia.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited January 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    Note how she goes from spanking to "beat" and "whip", but what really cracks me up is the last sentence, "...they are still working on a definition for spanking." WTF???

This lady has some serious issues and has no business being a lawmaker! Hopefully, she hasn't added to the gene pool.

Yep, I like how the language gets progressively worse. Add to that the fact that she can't even define what she is talking about. In all, she has no clue in what she is doing and is just spewing out nonsense.
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    Exactly!

Part of my email to her about that. "I have to wonder how you made the leap from a simple spanking to "beat" and "whip" because they are very different. It certainly gives one the impression that you are highly confused and/or perhaps on some sort of personal vendetta."
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    if some of these cali freaks would have gotten thier bottoms spanked as a child when they did wrong, they might have learned the difference between right and wrong...

This society is going down the toilet quickly, and the family values we all grew up with have long vanished...

It people like this **** are part of the problem, not the solution
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2007
    in michigan you can get life for cheatng on your spouce and doing it and do in it and do in it well the bumping uglys the horsonal mombo
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    in my house you would get the death sentence
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    ..just 1 good earthquake lord...just one...and our common sense shall returneth...LOL

Friggin Kalifornia.

LOL!!! What about Beardog and Al and the rest of our friends on the Left Coast? Well you guys gotta move to the Right Coast. . . no pun intended.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2007
    LOL!!! What about Beardog and Al and the rest of our friends on the Left Coast? Well you guys gotta move to the Right Coast. . . no pun intended.

Nothing personal intended, they can all come down here when the tremors start...LOL, we've got plenty of room.

It's the Kalifornia "politics" I can't stand. And I'm talkin southern Kalifornia; Northern California is a totally different thing--ask anyone who lives there.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • VSchneider
    VSchneider Posts: 443
    edited January 2007
    steveinaz wrote:

Friggin Kalifornia.

Please, Kalifornians did nothing wrong. It's NOT OUR FAULT we elect officials like Ms. Lieber :D

How about getting out to vote the next time we have a chance. It's scary how few votes may be needed to make a diference.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    The lawmaker in question was on TV this morning. She was obviously spanked repeatedly as a child....only problem was her parents couldn't figure out which end was her butt.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    I heard a radio interview with her were she started claiming that the increase in violence that we see in today's culture and the disregard Americans have to human life is a direct response to spanking.

Of course whan asked for the studies that she used to form this opionion, she stated: "all you need to do is think about it and it should be obvious!"
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    "...they are still working on a definition for spanking."

"I did not spank Monica Lewinsky based on the definition of spanking that I was given." -Bill Clinton
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    I heard a radio interview with her were she started claiming that the increase in violence that we see in today's culture and the disregard Americans have to human life is a direct response to spanking.

Of course whan asked for the studies that she used to form this opionion, she stated: "all you need to do is think about it and it should be obvious!"

Can you hear the marbles rattling around in her head???:rolleyes: If I would have voted for her I think I might be looking for the cyanide capsules. What an idiot!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    VSchneider wrote:
    Please, Kalifornians did nothing wrong. It's NOT OUR FAULT we elect officials like Ms. Lieber :D

How about getting out to vote the next time we have a chance. It's scary how few votes may be needed to make a diference.

That's what happened this last election, the Republicans stayed home and the Dems thought they really made a statement with their meager wins. The Republicans made the statement to their own party. It is amazing how the Dems can always twist and spin things.

Bring it on boys.:D :p;)
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    "I did not spank Monica Lewinsky based on the definition of spanking that I was given." -Bill Clinton
    He was prolly too busy spankin something else ...
  • VSchneider
    VSchneider Posts: 443
    edited January 2007
    PolkThug wrote:

Actually, it would be pretty amusing to read their definition of spanking in the proposed bill, once all research is complete and data samples analyzed, of course.
    VSchneider wrote:
    It's NOT OUR FAULT we elect officials like Ms. Lieber

I hope people saw the sad irony here. As a young parent all I am hoping for is that my daugter doesn't grow up to take me to court one day over hers and mine different interpretations of some new parenting bills, that for sure at the rate we are going will have made law by then.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    I couldnt disagree with you more.. Being a Dem or a Rep has nothing to do with gettin your **** whooped!! How could you even make that assessment? Just because one dumbass lady, who happens to be a Dem, is trying to pass a law?? That may well be the most absurd, irrational, and illogical statement that I have ever unwillingly happen to of read.

UH...Dude....kind of tounge n cheek bud.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    This is probably an example of a kid who never had her behind spanked and "time out" was the punishment of choice. She only held up a planeload of passengers for 20 or so minutes and caused her parents to be kicked off the plane (of course it was the airline's fault for not being "more understanding :rolleyes:). My kid would have had her butt in the seat one minute or less....
    By JIM ELLIS, Associated Press Writer
    Tue Jan 23, 12:54 PM ET

ORLANDO, Fla. - AirTran Airways on Tuesday defended its decision to remove a Massachusetts couple from a flight after their crying 3-year-old daughter refused to take her seat before takeoff.

AirTran officials said they followed Federal Aviation Administration rules that children age 2 and above must have their own seat and be wearing a seat belt upon takeoff.

"The flight was already delayed 15 minutes and in fairness to the other 112 passengers on the plane, the crew made an operational decision to remove the family," AirTran spokeswoman Judy Graham-Weaver said.

Julie and Gerry Kulesza, who were headed home to Boston on Jan. 14 from Fort Myers, said they just needed a little more time to calm their daughter, Elly.

"We weren't given an opportunity to hold her, console her or anything," Julie Kulesza said in a telephone interview Tuesday.

The Kuleszas said they told a flight attendant they had paid for their daughter's seat, but asked whether she could sit in her mother's lap. The request was denied.

She was removed because "she was climbing under the seat and hitting the parents and wouldn't get in her seat" during boarding, Graham-Weaver said.

The Orlando-based carrier reimbursed the family $595.80, the cost of the three tickets, and the Kuleszas flew home the next day.

They also were offered three roundtrip tickets anywhere the airline flies, Graham-Weaver said.

The father said his family would never fly AirTran again.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    That's what the airline gets for thinking of the safety of that demonspawn..
    How dare they!?!?:rolleyes:

They should have said "yeah, sure it'll be alright if your child isn't strapped in..."
    And then roll the plane after take off... or make a couple of hard rights on the runway.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited January 2007
    then the crappy parents get to sue the airline for millions... oh wait, they are probably going to sue them now anyways! :p
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2007
    They had the right idea at first, but with this "They also were offered three roundtrip tickets anywhere the airline flies, Graham-Weaver said." its basically awarding them for being bad parents.

Didnt have time to hold her or console her my ****. My parents wouldnt try to give me a hug if i was under a seat trying to hit them...what a crock of ****.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it