Crs Or Crs+

Options
tby1031
tby1031 Posts: 3
edited August 2002 in Troubleshooting
I have pair of sda crs with the dual tweeters. I always wanted a pair from the mid 80's I bought these on ebay about 5 years ago. I've notice that ones with 1 tweeter resale for more than mine. Could somebody tell me the differance. Also how can you till if the sda is working properly mine sound great. When I turn the balance to the right or left. the outside pair on opposite side have sound is this correct. Does the mono come from the inside pair or the outsde pair. thanks for any help
Post edited by tby1031 on

Comments

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited August 2002
    Options
    I will tell you what I think....the CRS+ with the pin/blade cable has a updated crossover and passive radiator and are a newer speakers than the CRS's. The drivers are different as well. This may account for resale?
    Does the mono come from the inside pair or the outsde pair.

I don't understand.....inside, outside pair of what?
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • tby1031
    edited August 2002
    Options
    my sda's have 2 61/2 midwoofers and 2 tweeters one above each other and the other pair is a mirror image of the first. I thought the inside pair (meaning 1 woofer and 1 tweeter) of one speaker. carried the mono signal.

If the crs+ is an update why did they go to 1 tweeter it seems 2 woulf be better.
    thanks
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2002
    Options
    nothing about your speakers are mono, they are working corrctly if you have "some" sound from the left speaker when you roll the balance to the right, this is the SDA, it is an inverted signal sent to the opposite speaker.

Why or is 2 tweets better than one? What I have read is Polk found that only midrange is needed for the SDA and omitted the "SDA" tweeter.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • pensacola
    pensacola Posts: 269
    edited August 2002
    Options
    >>nothing about your speakers are mono

Except that they are fed a mono signal and are incapable of producing anything BUT monaural sound.

Give War A Chance
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,764
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by tby1031
    Does the mono come from the inside pair or the outsde pair. thanks for any help

I think I know what you are talking about.
    In an SDA speaker, the inner drivers carry the "normal" stereo signal and the outer drivers carry the dimensional (phase inverted signal from the other speaker) signal.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • tby1031
    edited August 2002
    Options
    thanks; thats the way mine work.
  • deq15
    deq15 Posts: 56
    edited August 2002
    Options
    All this stuff is consistant with what I have noticed thru a recent disection. My question is what is the difference between the pin / blade model and the blade / blade model. Is the pin blade newer?
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2002
    Options
    pin blade model is the newer model.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."