have there been any bad or even OK reviews of the LSi series?

dark horror
dark horror Posts: 33
edited July 2002 in Speakers
These speakers are amazing for the price, I have only read great reviews of them.

I need to upgrade my RT2000p to LSi9, the 2000p doesn't sound good any more now that I got my LSiC.

I am hoping to get 650 for the pair of RT2000p, because brandnamez sells the LSi9's for 630.
Post edited by dark horror on

Comments

• LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited July 2002
    The April/May issue of The Absolute Sound gave positive reviews to the lsi25’s 15’s and 9’s. The only thing negative I’ve seen was posted by Mantis about the lsi15’s “The build quality isn't as good as I thought.Almost sloppy,the wood panels where slightly off center,you have to look for it but I'm as Anal as they come.” Also by mantis..” The mid bass drivers seem to be right out of the rt line.They even had the slightly sloppy glue marks.” Now, this won’t bug a lot of people, but it would annoy me every time I looked at such a beautiful marred by poor construction. I SERIOUSLY doubt there are many of these lsi's with a little smidgeon wrong.

Perhaps Polk should find out where mantis saw these 15’s and see just what the problem was. After all “Polk Audio controls every aspect of our speaker manufacturing process to produce consistently reliable, high quality products. Our high-tech speaker manufacturing facilitygives us the ability to quickly develop and adopt new technologies while maintaining the strictest quality control standards. The factory also boasts a state-of-the-art computer controlled woodshop, allowing us to make our own speaker cabinets with the highest quality level of fit and finish, and to offer real wood at vinyl prices. Polk Audio’s quality assurance program is one of the most stringent in the industry. Powerful computers and certified QA personnel test every part we make to ensure consistent performance and reliability. If a part doesn’t meet our specifications, we don’t use it. Every Polk Audio speaker and speaker system is extensively tested and inspected, guaranteeing that you enjoy the same performance in your home that we attained in the lab."-2002 Polk Audio Catalog
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited July 2002
    Liquidsound,
    That was my first impression of the Lsi15's.After further review of the speaker's and alot more demoing of them,The speakers are built rather nice.The pair I saw where I did all of my Lsi demoing,They sold them and had a differnt pair on the floor.They also sold the lsi25's off the flor,they seem to have a problem keeping them instock.
    I have grown recently to have a love for them.They have suprised me alot of times.
    But to answer the question other then my orginal post of the Lsi15's,no there hasn't been as far as I know a bad review.
    What you want 2 do is go hear them.....They are as good as it get's at there price point as far as my hearing is concerned.......I like them very very much.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited July 2002
    That's everything says... Way too good of sound for the price. They would spoil me sonically.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited July 2002
    My review of my own LSi9's is posted here: LSi9 Review :cool:
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!