I'm Listening to Music Again!

13»

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Looking good Joe. Can't wait to hear it sing I bet it sounds awsome. I'm sooooo jelous of you right now.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited January 2007
    nice setup. those big sda srs 1.2tls make a statement when you first see them dont they. how is that tuner? the rest of the gear is nice also. the room says hey i am serious about music:D very nice im happy for you. REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    Looks good, broham...

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    Looking good Joe,,you deserve it,man,,,enjoy !!!! :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    Great setup Joe.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    Joe,

Really man looks good, but I am sure you would be happier with some little silver/plastic case sattelites and a Awaia sub, you know the whole fung shwey or whatever its called.

Tell you what I will help you out and come up and get those big old speakers for no cost to you, dont bother dusting them off, I take care of that as well.

RT1 has a certain peak to show someone, last peak he might ever see though.

Rock on Brother.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Snow, where I live in Delaware is an AM/FM dead spot. Without a good antenna I can only get one station in and it is the local NPR which is really great but it doesn't come in very well. I'm looking into a good roof antenna. What I like best about the tuna is how cool it looks when powered on, that dial's illuminations are very calming.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited January 2007
    Snow, where I live in Delaware is an AM/FM dead spot. Without a good antenna I can only get one station in and it is the local NPR which is really great but it doesn't come in very well. I'm looking into a good roof antenna. What I like best about the tuna is how cool it looks when powered on that dial's illuminations are very calming.
    well the zen factor coupled with the it looks really cool factor is a great combo with the tuner. :cool: i seen on a diffrent model sansui that unless you had a jumper hooked between the 300 ohm and ground connection you were not getting a full reception signal. not sure if yours is even set up like that. but i thought id show you a pic in case it is, and it helps. REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    snow wrote:
    well the zen factor coupled with the it looks really cool factor is a great combo with the tuner. :cool: i seen on a diffrent model sansui that unless you had a jumper hooked between the 300 ohm and ground connection you were not getting a full reception signal. not sure if yours is even set up like that. but i thought id show you a pic in case it is, and it helps. REGARDS SNOW

Good one Brother, thanks, I'll see if is applies.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Saweeet!!!

Glad to see that everything that has transpired has done so according to your design....

muhahahhhaa
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Unfortunately I have to stack but I've found some really good effective ways to decouple or simply buffer the components from each other.

The item at the very top on the right is the Spectral's outboard power supply. I've used sorbothane pods under it. I've tried it with cones and Isoblocks and it really didn't change the sound so I left the pods cause they are vibrations killing machines.:p