I'm Listening to Music Again!

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    TroyD wrote:
    Late chiming in...but sounds fantastic.

I think that's one thing that tends to get lost in the shuffle here as we pontificate about gear, just the sheer joy of listening to music. I've been there and that's one my things now, I'm pretty much done chasing gear. I've got the stuff I want. Now I'm more into building and listening to my music library.

Good on ya, Joe. That Willie Nelson Stardust LP is a good SDA demo as well.

BDT

You are so right Troy . . . although I haven't got the TT rig up yet I remember what my MFSL half speed master of Stardust I have (and hopefully salvagable) sounded like the old SRSs I once had. . . if memory serves me right. Wille has a lot of reverb going on that LP. Thanks again for all the LPs Brother!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    MSALLA wrote:
    Thats great!! Sit back and enjoy it. You deserve it after all that moving.

Mike, moving was a breeeeeeeeeeeeeeze compared to the chaos and waves of problems that Mr. Murphy has bestowed on us the last two weeks.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    My rig has been powered on 24 x 7 since January 3rd. Tonight I did some real heavy critical listening and even though I don't have it tweaked out nor do I have the room treated as a matter of fact the room is quite hot, I never heard this sound better. I was listening to a really great CD (Mapleshade "Music Festival") and was in the room with the artists. I brought my wife in to hear a track and she said she could feel the singer spitting on her while he sang. . . can't get a better review than that. I've had the Spectal preamp, the Timbre DAC and the Adcom mono blocks powered up continuously and three weeks latter the sound is pure magic. I also listened to Ziggy Stardust, Joe Jackson "Body and Soul," and Telarc's Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue and man everything was right on.

Tomorrow I'm replacing the eight SL 3000s with the RD 0198s. I'm even hesitant to do it because my baby is sounding so good but I got the upgrade bug and I received the RDs last week so I'm ready.

Man do I love this hobby and love and cherish music. All genres.

This is awesome!!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    I have quit a few mapleshade cd's and the one you mention.Friggin outstanding recordings.Try ART OF THE BALLAD you might get a little wet spot in your shorts.Glad to hear your groovin' again!:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    tonyb wrote:
    I have quit a few mapleshade cd's and the one you mention.Friggin outstanding recordings.Try ART OF THE BALLAD you might get a little wet spot in your shorts.Glad to hear your groovin' again!:)

Have it, have been raving about it, love it and you are correct it does leave a little wet spot!!! Or to quote Troy, "my pants are going."
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    open up those moded 555's and give us a pic :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    open up those moded 555's and give us a pic :)

You mean 565??? Jeeezzz then I would have to power them off! LOL
  • swchma
    swchma Posts: 49
    edited January 2007
    Joe, now that you have peaked, just go away. Thanks
  • george daniel
    edited January 2007
    You mean 565??? Jeeezzz then I would have to power them off! LOL[/QUOTE

yeah the 565's,,,come on,,open em' up,, :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    swchma wrote:

Excuse me?
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    swchma wrote:
    Excuse me?
    Don't worry about it Joe. Remember this is the **** who let me know I was being scammed by sending the tweeter to louthewiz. He hit that nail on the head...didn't he? :rolleyes: Just do like I have and put the **** on your ignore list.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    shack wrote:
    Don't worry about it Joe. Remember this is the **** who let me know I was being scammed by sending the tweeter to louthewiz. He hit that nail on the head...didn't he? :rolleyes: Just do like I have and put the **** on your ignore list.

I feel sorry for the guy, my unbridled enthusiasm for all things audio and happiness with my rig and music make him unhappy and miserable. That's a shame.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    You mean 565??? Jeeezzz then I would have to power them off! LOL[/QUOTE

yeah the 565's,,,come on,,open em' up,, :D

Okay, I'll post them on "Show me your **** let me get into your guts" thread.
  • george daniel
    edited January 2007
    great,,these are the ones with the MC upgrades--right?
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    great,,these are the ones with the MC upgrades--right?

Yep and power cords.
  • george daniel
    edited January 2007
    Okay, I posted mine,,now show me yours :)
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited January 2007
    WOW great story. great thread. other than the 1 dillhole trying to ruin your audio bliss:mad: first off congrats on the system. and as i read this thread i could relate to all that you were saying. every time i do a substanial upgrade its like listening to new music. and to those who have heard and to those who havent heard what a pair of sda srs 1.2tls sound like its a real eye opener or ear opener lol. they will want to make you listen to all your music again. thats how i felt. paired with a pair of 565 mono blocks they must sound wonderful :D REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    Sound wonderful?????
    He doesn't call himself " HEARINGIMPARED" for nothin"!!:p :p:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    tonyb wrote:
    Sound wonderful?????
    He doesn't call himself " HEARINGIMPARED" for nothin"!!:p :p:D

What did you say? I didn't hear you!:eek: :rolleyes: :p
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    Congrats.. Enjoy the music.. I wish I had a woman like yours.. I cant hardly even play mine with "night mode" on!! Keep ROCKIN!!
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    swchma wrote:

Dude...you are a putz

Joe`s story of happiness and audio joy is what it`s all about..

I don`t like what your about, and neither do any of the rest of the guy`s and girls here at the forum..

I actually got a warm fuzzy just reading about how great his life was / is..
    You should too

you suck !

you must be related to my so-called boss !
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    swchma wrote:

Why must you rain on anyone's parade? Get out tonite and get a hooker, get some **** a come back to reality... If this is they way you are going to be, do us all a favor and find another forum to desacrate on!
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited January 2007
    he is only envious because joe has a nicer system is all. thats sad. i am personally not envious of anyone. i really dont care if someone else has bigger amps, better speakers, nicer preamp, etc. there is always going to be someone that has more than i do. be happy for him. if you are going to be upset and miserable that someone has more than you, you will always feel this way. which is a pretty sad way of living your life. as i was reading his first posts earlier about how it sounded and how it made him feel, i was moved and excited for him. happy that someone else has found the audio bliss that i have found. btw joe im saving for a pair of those adcom 565 mono blocks:D REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    I had a Fisher Price TT back in the day which I blame for my current habits. swchma has other issues.
  • george daniel
    edited January 2007
    Joe,,don't make me come up there and take a pic of those mono's :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Congrats.. Enjoy the music.. I wish I had a woman like yours.. I cant hardly even play mine with "night mode" on!! Keep ROCKIN!!

Dude, I'll come home and she's blasting music!!! She's always wanting to help setting up, tweaking etc. . . boy do I love her!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    beardog03 wrote:
    Dude...you are a putz

Joe`s story of happiness and audio joy is what it`s all about..

I don`t like what your about, and neither do any of the rest of the guy`s and girls here at the forum..

I actually got a warm fuzzy just reading about how great his life was / is..
    You should too

you suck !

you must be related to my so-called boss !

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Joe,,don't make me come up there and take a pic of those mono's :D

George they are coming Brother, it not an easy chore getting them disconnected, unstrapped and out of the rack . . . Antny's coming over today to help with my tweeter upgrades so we'll be able to get into the guts of the Adcoms.
  • george daniel
    edited January 2007
    Man,,You are rolling,,,, :):)
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    I have better pictures but they are too large to upload so I am trying to figure a way to get them down in size so I can upload them later. Keep in mind I haven't cleaned up the cables and wires yet.