Consumer Electronics Show(CES) 2007 - Journey to poverty.....

Comments

• Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    Mmmmm, shiny.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited January 2007
    I know I'm here. Got here yesterday...don't leave till Thursday next week. It's more work than fun, I think. But the free dinners, drinks, etc are nice. It's not near the same as it was 20 years ago when I started coming to them. I guess it was more fun on the retail end but being a multi-line manufacturers rep, it's definitely work. This Monday thru Thursday show will make attendance drop substantially. 80% of my dealers aren't even here. They would rather do CEDIA (home guys) or MERA or SEMA (car guys). From what I understand, CES is locked in to a 15 year agreement with the LV tourist commission (I think) to do these Monday to THursday shows...plus the other conventions. Dealers don't like it.

Oh well. There's still fun to be had despite the work.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    ok... where's the nether regions video?
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2007
    Mark:

Eff the speakers and CES bullsheet, more about the HOT on the plane and her mouth. Details man! :D
    No excuses!
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    Those lips will never be the same.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    There's a suprise under these babies...

How many times have you been told....when you take pictures of shiny things, you HAVE to wear your pants!? :D
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited January 2007
    Enjoy!!!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited January 2007
    Have a great time guys! Can't wait to see all the pics and the vid!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    Anyone care to see some pics? How about TEN new subwoofers? Sound ok?

How about the new RTiA9 and the rest of the new RTiA series?

I wasn't sure if there would be any interest, so I thought I would ask first.

Cheers,
    Russ
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    yes please,,, guys, I know its a tough job,, but someone has to do it ;) ,have fun :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited January 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    Anyone care to see some pics? How about TEN new subwoofers? Sound ok?

How about the new RTiA9 and the rest of the new RTiA series?

I wasn't sure if there would be any interest, so I thought I would ask first.

Cheers,
    Russ

Nah..........How's the food?;)
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited January 2007
    Sure

Ten new subs? Hmm

Is the new stuff hooked up? How do they sound?

Need help posting them? (resizing, etc.)
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    Is anything cooking in the LSI series Russ?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    Heiney - The Indian food we ate last night was awesome, not sure where we're eating tonight. Russ says the after effects of the food were interesting to say the least.

Cathy - No.

Mike - The tiny PSW111, the smallest one is the match for the Surround Bar, so its hooked up. We both love it and have already got one on order. The others are just display as far as I know.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited January 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    Mike - The tiny PSW111, the smallest one is the match for the Surround Bar, so its hooked up. We both love it and have already got one on order. The others are just display as far as I know.

Nice!

That makes sense from a marketing viewpoint. I guess they are planning to sell the bar and the sub as a package as well as by itself?

If you can post prices, what is the price on the PSW111?
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited January 2007
    Hey Mark and Russ:

I'm arriving in Vegas Mon. around 2pm and leaving Wed at noon. Let's meet up and say hello and Maybe grab some beers. I'llbe staying at the Wynn. drop me a line or call my cell.

Bill
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    Oh well that's a shame. Nothing else I'm interested in.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    Bill - Email ranchodeaudio@tx.rr.com with your contact information...and we'll hook up. Monday is all about the Venetian for us, Merlin, Joule Electra, Burmiester, Triangle, Opera, etc etc.....

Cathy, it's in the works, it's just not to the prototype 'show' stage yet. Don't spend your $ yet.

I'll make a seperate post with the pics for the new subs / RTiA's tonight after dinner, we are waiting for Sir Thom Von Pimplenuts to wrap up the CA booth.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited January 2007
    Russ - I can't wait to get there!

email sent.

Now off to V E G A S !!!!!!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    polkatese wrote:
    Mark, curious, would they let you buy a gear on the spot?

Actually, there was an article on this in Stereophile or TAS a month or so ago.....with the move to the Venetian from Alexis Park there is a lot of friction about the on-site sales...because in the past it's pretty much all had gotten around Nevada sales tax at Alexis Park and so forth. I can't remember what the end result ended up being but there was a lot of ticked off vendors, especially software vendors.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    Yea, we just found out that even media is in dispute in regards to onsite sales, so who knows.....will find out tomorrow.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited January 2007
    So, any news on SVS's new ultra subs and larger bookshelf speaker packages?
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,474
    edited January 2007
    Mark,
    Any news on the rumored Parasound JC2 preamp?
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    There's a suprise under these babies...

Russ' negligee be under there?
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited January 2007
    gotta see pics of the new rti's.:o
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    The Polk Chick.
    Ho#5.jpg 150.5K
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    We hit up the Venetian today and covered Car Audio, North Hall as well. That's enough as my feet are killing me. I'll post a couple pretty pictures now and some gear later. The bulk of these photos will be cropped and posted when I get home.

The NAIM guys invited us back for cocktails as did the Quad group....we're pretty friendly you know. TroyD has a very special goodie straight from Quad :) We stopped by and saw the SVS guys, caught Erik in the lobby and if you're around they are having a party in the suite at 6pm :D

I'll post some demo pictures and the standouts later.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2007
    Suddenly I could care less about any new products coming out.

Mark, full length shots of the Audio Ho's please! Leave Russ out also.
    No excuses!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    Is Mark not allowed to stand next to any of the booth babes?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson