Consumer Electronics Show(CES) 2007 - Journey to poverty.....

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
I figured I'd set up this thread for any folks that are attending to post pics and comments about the upcoming show, January 8-11.

I will post daily updates and pics of Russman with the various females that will be flocking to his table for autographs.

This will not only be for CES, including The Venetian/Sands Expo exhibits(formerly Alexis Park) but for T.H.E. Show.

T.H.E. is where the super hardcore stuff resides and hopefully Russ and I will be able to crawl over there at some point.

Here's our resident stud with one of the lovelies from last year.....see you in Vegas in 3 hours ****!
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    Have fun,gentlemen ;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2007
    Don't EVER call me at 5 am, telling me you forgot your Jagermiester lanyard, and you want me to bring mine. I'm off to see the wizard.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2007
    Throw a couple bucks at a Vegas stripper in my honor please. Slap her on the **** with that Jaiger Lanyard also. Make sure you do that when you're ready to leave and not return. ;)
    No excuses!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    Vegas will never be the same...

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Damm Russ i'm jelous. She's a cutie.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    have fun guy`s !

.....details, I want details.....

....of de tails youz meet !
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited January 2007
    I am unable to go, but have invested in T.H.E. Show. Have fun!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    My feet hurt already...shoes are airing out on the balcony.

You guys should see the new stuff Polk has this year :D Once we get the drivers loaded we'll give you a teaser picture.

Russman is shooting acual video clips of the whole visit for a compilation later.

DefTech gave us a sneak peek at the new TOTL subwoofer - 2 Active 14" drivers with 4 14" Passive Radiators. The driver is every bit as hardcore as the SVS that I've seen. The video on that is pretty funny.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2007
    Mark, curious, would they let you buy a gear on the spot?

how's the crowd around and about?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    It a cool scene, much more structured than last year all around.

You can work up orders for gear from some manufacturers but I didn't really notice any floor sales in the main halls. Alexis Park, or rather the Venetian this year is where the last day event wheeling and dealing usually happens. The less they have to ship back the happier they are, and some will simply arrange shipping straight from Vegas. That's just what I know off hand.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2007
    Have fun guys. I didn't register and did not make it. Even though i live less than two hours away. Just got home from work.
    I was wondering what they did with display merchandise. I am planing on picking up a 50" plasma next weekend in Vegas.
  • polkatese
    edited January 2007
    Thanks, Mark.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2007
    Have a blast Mark. A pic or a few words of what SVS has coming would be cool.

Do a Jaiger Bomb for me!
    No excuses!
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited January 2007
    does russ represent Polk at CES? I noticed his id says Polk Audio under his name and I can't read the word printed on the bottom red part.
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    I can't figure out what it says on the red part, either, though it starts with EX and ends with TOR, or so it appears.

It looks like a location is printed on the actual card under POLK AUDIO.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    We're here representing the Polk Forum, ie yous guys and gals.

Represent Polk? Have you met us? ;)

Cheers,
    Russ
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    Here's the hotel rig, all DC power....power conditioner? We don't need no stinking power conditioner.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I never thought I'd see the day...when established forum members...would use a protable digital audio player...much less one such as the Shuffle...:eek:

:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited January 2007
    Im sure ya'll are doing us a good job doing hands on work - looking at the photos of previous work.

Atta boy
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    Got the Ipod shuffle for xmas, ripped em m4u 192 - not half bad. Sat next to a hot on the plane on the way out, she fell asleep, I listened to music and stared at her mouth for the entire flight.

Not reference, but John Mayer is jammin out right now, and it's actually decent. See how mch Polk likes us? So much we have to use PSB speakers....

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    I'm jonsing for some LSi-15 action.
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    It's RTi12 and Surroundbar + new subs in the booth this year. Two solid demo's setup. Headed back to the bar, and off to grab some Indian food with Al. SIXTY something new products displayed this year.

This WILL be well documented, stay by the channel.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited January 2007
    If you guys happen to see Polk Paul there, ask him if he ever checks his e-mail.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    It's RTi12 and Surroundbar + new subs in the booth this year. Two solid demo's setup. Headed back to the bar, and off to grab some Indian food with Al. SIXTY something new products displayed this year.

This WILL be well documented, stay by the channel.

Cheers,
    Russ

No new RTi speaker sightings? I thought they were aiming for spring release?
  • polkatese
    edited January 2007
    in case you guys ended up at Crazy Horse Too, documentation is expected, written and visual!

:)
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    Definate new RTi sightings, stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    I'm jonsing for some LSi-15 action.

Well.... :D
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    Well.... :D

:eek:

Sooon!

Anyhow, WTF are you doing by a computer? Go partake in some debauchery!
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited January 2007
    Mark and Russ, remember to pace yourselves, and I don't mean just the bar!!!
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    There's a suprise under these babies...