VTI Customer Service SUCKS!!!

1235»

Comments

• wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited December 2006
    I wrote an email and sent a link to this thread. Here's their response:

Dear Josh,

Thank you very much for you sending us your concern and the link.

I do not want to make any explaination about this but just want to tell you that this is the one and only dishonest and unreasonable guy we have ever met since we started almost 10 years ago. We stand hehind our product and provide good customer service to reasonable customers.

Thank you!

Regards,

Linda Fang
    VTI Manufacturing, Inc.
    11015 Rush Street #4
    So El Monte, CA 91733
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    Keep driving those nails into your coffin, Linda Fang. Hilarious stuff!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    I'm sending Linda an email with pictures as well as a peace offering. I'll even apologize to her for the bad feelings and retract my allegations of poor customer service if she agrees to let me send the faulty rack back and replace it.

I am curious to see if she will ignore this email also or actually try to help me as she says she will in emails replies to others.

By the way guys bending the rack won't help. The rail's weldings distances from the bottom of the end caps are to far off. What I need to do is place a couple of shims under the shelf to keep it from wobbling. I can also place my Timbre DAC which is very heavy on that side to make sure the shelf makes contact with the rails.

ONCE AGAIN I WANT TO THANK EACH OF YOU FOR TRYING TO HELP ME OUT WITH THIS CONUNDRUM OF A SITUTION.

Thanks for all you support. This move from Philly to Newark is talking some years off my life. OKAY OKAY I'll stop bitching!:D

Thanks guys/gals:) .
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited December 2006
    Just keep in mind that especially in situations like this ... No good deed goes unpunished ...
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Just keep in mind that especially in situations like this ... No good deed goes unpunished ...

My deed, of not remembering the exact date of purchase, is being punished by really poor customer service and accusations of dishonesty & unreasonableness!!!
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited December 2006
    I was thinking about the good deed ( apologies and such ) that you are ABOUT TO DO ...
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    I was thinking about the good deed ( apologies and such ) that you are ABOUT TO DO ...

I know you were Pal . . . I was just giving Linda a low blow!!! LOL just kidding!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    Ms. Fang never replied to the email I sent to her. Looks like she's sending out the same thing to everyone. What a bozo. Good luck Joe! (sincerely :))
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    This is the email I sent to VTIsales@att.net . . . I also attached all the pics that I posted here except for the darkend caliper picture. . . I was afraid to send that because they already think I am dishonest and I didn't want the poor picture quality to be interpreted in the wrong way.

The subject line reads: "Can we try this again please."

"Dear Linda,

A few friends of mine have shown me email sent to them from your company about the issue I have with the defective product I purchased. You have told them and I quote, "If it is our fault, we will take care of it with no question asked. If it is not our fault, do you still expect it be taken care without condition? "

Can we try this again please? I am not trying to steal anything from you or your company or get anything from you for free. I am in the process of moving from one state Philadelpha, Pa to Newark, Delaware since the beginning of October. My stress level thoughout this entire intrastate move has been very high.

I have inspected the rack more closely. The shelves are not warped, you were right in your assumption. However the 9" rack is not welded properly. When you set any of the shelves on that rack they appear as if they are warped. The reason for this is that the rails that are welded to the posts are varying spaces from the bottom of the end cap.

When facing the 9" rack, the rail that is connected to the middle post and the left post is welded at two different heights from the bottom of the end caps. The right side of the rail welded to the middle post is .19" from the bottom of the end cap. That same rail welded to the left post is .35". I've made caliper measurements on all the posts and welded rails on the entire 9" rack and the differences in measurement in some cases is dramatic.

If I send it back and you examine it you will find that to be the problem. I have attached some pictures of the rack. You will see that three of the five post's spikes do not fit in the rack below it. The center post's spike not only doesn't line up but it is also almost 1/2" short. You will also notice the pictures of shelf as it rests on the rack. . . because the left post rail is welded so low, it appears as if the shelf is warp. Of course it is not warped it is not making contact with the rail or the post properly.

I know things have gotten pretty ugly with us and for that I apologize. I've been very stressed out with this intrastate home move.

I have saved the original packing of the rack in hopes that you will allow me to send the 9" rack back so that you can examine it.

Is it okay for me to send the rack back for your people to inspect and to send me a new 9" rack.
    --
    Sincerely,
    Joseph
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Halo wrote:
    Ms. Fang never replied to the email I sent to her. Looks like she's sending out the same thing to everyone. What a bozo. Good luck Joe! (sincerely :))

Thanks Bro. . . I really hope this comes to a decent conclusion. I really dislike being the purveyor of this type of animosity.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    SCompRacer wrote:
    I’d like to reiterate that I am sorry that you are having the problems. I am on record here saying VTI has a good product, and I still stand by that based on my experience. Shelves fit nice, no glaring OMG how could you display that in your living room comments. Our living room floor is level, and all the feet on the rack touched the floor before anything was placed on it. My opinion is she would have been better off sending you a new rack than dealing with all this bad press.

Used epoxy. The slots in mine were only like ¼” long.

Just the ones that allowed me to get into the cross bars. I did not knock all the caps out.

I used #4 cause I had bags of it laying around from previous hobby days. I only shoot one thing around here anymore.

I used to be a FFL Dealer with a Class III License. Got the shot years ago, can’t remember where. I do know I paid less than what it sells for now.

Don’t have an exact weight but it passes the flick test.

Used a long punch working the perimeter, 180 degrees across, move 90 degrees, etc. Some were tighter than others. I was gonna say you could probably get replacements if they got buggered up but....:eek:

Never tried it myself.

So many variables.... Depends on the TT, player and material of course, but yes, I do. I was going to get back into vinyl this year but decided to improve my system instead. Then, maybe, perhaps, someday…. Carl is the only one that comes to mind that has been around some fine tables and heard my Modwright Sony. Normanality and I have demo'd lots of gear between us and we like the Modwright stuff. Some don't. As you well know, the only way to find out is a demo, preferably in your own environment.

Wow Rich my rack doesn't look as crisp and perfect as yours does. The only lead shot that I was able to aquire is #9 shot. I checked every website and store in this tri-state area. . .I found one about 15 minutes from my new home. I purchased 3-25lb bags. Boy are those little bags deceiving I almost got a hernia trying to pick all three up in hand. I'm going to wait to see if VTI replies to my latest request. If they don't, I'm going to try your procedure. If they do, I'm still going to try your procedure except with the new 9" rack.

Thanks, Joe
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    PhantomOG wrote:
    I don't know the whole story so this might not be relevant, but please be careful of who you label as "American" based on last names and accents. I only presume you didn't research anyone's citizenship, and apologize if you actually did.

You have a point there Brother. . . :o
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    Ms. Fang should be careful calling somebody "dishonest" in writing, that could damage somebody's reputation. Libel can be costly.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    wodom1 wrote:
    I wrote an email and sent a link to this thread. Here's their response:

Dear Josh,

Thank you very much for you sending us your concern and the link.

I do not want to make any explaination about this but just want to tell you that this is the one and only dishonest and unreasonable guy we have ever met since we started almost 10 years ago. We stand hehind our product and provide good customer service to reasonable customers.

Thank you!

Regards,

Linda Fang
    VTI Manufacturing, Inc.
    11015 Rush Street #4
    So El Monte, CA 91733

She just saw a link to a thread on this fourm (over 41,000 people strong by the way) slaming the reputation of her company and she dosen't want to give an explaination!
    If she dose not make right on this we should call for a Club Polk boycott of Ms. Fangs company.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    Their web site says they have "EXCELLENT SERVICE!"

http://www.vtimanufacturing.com/
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
    Well I have not heard back from her, but the toilet paper thing may have something to with that.

We should not involve Polk Audio, share info yes, absolutely.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Well I have not heard back from her, but the toilet paper thing may have something to with that.

We should not involve Polk Audio, share info yes, absolutely.

RT1

I agree this has nothing to do with Polk Audio or the Forum members as a whole. However I thank you for your zeal with this issue.

Joe
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    I would never want to get Polk Audio, Inc. involved in anything. But, as a club, we could get some attention.On one of the ATV fourms I belonged to we had discounts for members with parts suppliers and would back each other up when one of us had problems with new products. The vendors were happy to give members a discount because of the amount of business they were getting from members. We also did group purchases to save even more money.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    I would never want to get Polk Audio, Inc. involved in anything. But, as a club, we could get some attention.On one of the ATV fourms I belonged to we had discounts for members with parts suppliers and would back each other up when one of us had problems with new products. The vendors were happy to give members a discount because of the amount of business they were getting from members. We also did group purchases to save even more money.

Thanks Mike this sounds like a good idea.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    I received this letter from Linda Fang, VTI. Please see the new thread I started as an end to the hostilities here. I regret this whole affair. Click here for the new thread.

Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time examing the frame and taking the pictures. From our past experiences, there was definitly a drop in this package causing the mis-alignment. The corner block may give a good evidence (at the side having the bent leg, the corner block probably split or broke). We say that because we know the construction of this rack. If you look closer, it is welded just on the top with the crossbar. The majority of the frame is hanging loose (no support). Any drop or hit at the end portion will cause the leg to bend. We specify shipping flat but we could not control what the shipping company does. Besides dropping, if they ship it upright and put heavy item on top, it will also do the damage. As we have no control, the only thing we ask our customer to do is to report within the specific time frame so that we can at least get reimbursed for the material and some shipping cost. You know, shipping this fram e alone to PA will cause $35.00 dollars alone, not mentioning packaging material, time spent and the frame itself.

Well, long story short, I understand your situation and frustration. You do not want to pay for a product you cannot use. However, you chose a different route. You had been spreading words around. Although as I told you, you are the one and only having this problem, it does not give us a good image.

To calm things down, I am willing to have a replacement frame sent to you (no need to send back the bad one to waste money). However, how are you going to fix the words you spread on the internet about us? I would like to see that fixed before sending you the replacement frame.

Thank you!

Linda Fang
    VTI Manufacturing, Inc.
    11015 Rush Street #4
    South El Monte, CA 91733
    626-585-1860
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    I received this letter from Linda Fang, VTI. Please see the new thread I started as an end to the hostilities here. I regret this whole affair. Click here for the new thread.

Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time examing the frame and taking the pictures. From our past experiences, there was definitly a drop in this package causing the mis-alignment. The corner block may give a good evidence (at the side having the bent leg, the corner block probably split or broke). We say that because we know the construction of this rack. If you look closer, it is welded just on the top with the crossbar. The majority of the frame is hanging loose (no support). Any drop or hit at the end portion will cause the leg to bend. We specify shipping flat but we could not control what the shipping company does. Besides dropping, if they ship it upright and put heavy item on top, it will also do the damage. As we have no control, the only thing we ask our customer to do is to report within the specific time frame so that we can at least get reimbursed for the material and some shipping cost. You know, shipping this fram e alone to PA will cause $35.00 dollars alone, not mentioning packaging material, time spent and the frame itself.

Well, long story short, I understand your situation and frustration. You do not want to pay for a product you cannot use. However, you chose a different route. You had been spreading words around. Although as I told you, you are the one and only having this problem, it does not give us a good image.

To calm things down, I am willing to have a replacement frame sent to you (no need to send back the bad one to waste money). However, how are you going to fix the words you spread on the internet about us? I would like to see that fixed before sending you the replacement frame.

Thank you!

Linda Fang
    VTI Manufacturing, Inc.
    11015 Rush Street #4
    South El Monte, CA 91733
    626-585-1860

True to her extortion words above, she sent me part of a replacement rack. . . VTI CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!
  • halo
    edited December 2006
    True to her extortion words above, she sent me part of a replacement rack. . . VTI CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!
    Not really broham. What she said was
    Linda Fang wrote:
    To calm things down, I am willing to have a replacement frame sent to you
    So, she did do what she said she was going to do - she sent you a replacemnet frame, no? Remember - I'm on your side here :)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Halo wrote:
    Not really broham. What she said wasSo, she did do what she said she was going to do - she sent you a replacemnet frame, no? Remember - I'm on your side here :)

In that one email she used "replacement frame" in others she used rack. I guess if she just kept consistent with "frame" I would have to think she is still wrong. The "frame, rack, posts with rails," etc are useless without the screw in feet. Without the feet there is atleast a 3/8"diameter hole in the bottom of the five posts which are not able to be coupled to the bottom rack, frame, post, caps.

Do ya see the different adjectives here. I was under the impression and boy was I wrong that she was allowing me to keep the defective rack as a sign of good faith or amends and give me a new replacement rack.

Either way Bro, lesson learned, Linda forgiven, I'm done with VTI and as I wrote in the other thread I have taken a so so rack and turned it into a really dead, dampened highend support for my gear.

If the rack wasn't defective I may not have been as ballsy with modifying it the way I did . . . so there is a happy ending after all. I just need to get five threaded spikes made at a machine shop. I have a buddy of mine making a really nice shelf to fit the defective rack.

All's well that ends well.
  • halo
    edited December 2006
    All's well that ends well.
    :cool: