VTI Customer Service SUCKS!!!

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    Libertyc wrote:
    Joe,

Is there anyway we can fix the rack to make it useable?

Yea Billy. I gotta plan. First I'm going to bang the five posts on the 9" rack with a rubber mallot until they spike fit into the little holes in the 3" rack. Then I'm going to fill the racks with buck shot the way Rich (scompracer) described. Maybe fill it the rest of the way with reptile sand like dkg999 recomended. Then I'll put the warped shelf on the bottom and place the two Adcom mono blocks on the warped shelf. I think they are heavy enough to flatten it out atleast while they are on it. Other than that a black magic marker to color in the chips and dinks on the corners of the one shelf. As far as the shelfs not being flush with the posts, I don't know what to do there except maybe make sure what on the shelves are heavy enough to keep them from rattling.

I was hoping to just start building my system but I'm going to have to do this stuff first. Like PhantomOG said in an earlier post,
    At least you didn't open the box and find a bunch of scrap wood and bricks!
    , I'm very thankful for that. Boy imagine if that happened and Ms Fang treated me like she did. . . I would have to take a flight to California and teach her some serious customer service skills.;)
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Joey_V wrote:
    Loud and clear, Joe.... loud and clear.

Over and out..

Joey

PS
    Let's hope our emails are going to have her thinking twice next time she acts stoopid.

Hopefully this won't happen to anyone else. . . maybe she will rethink her horsesass attitude.
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited December 2006
    I've also sent an email; sorry to hear about the way you have been treated.

Cindy
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    HI...

I made it quite clear in my e-mail that she could take a page or seventeen from the good folks here at Polk Audio.

I also heard Linda Fang just took down all the Christmas Trees at VTI headquarters and replaced them with skinned puppies doused with egg nog and lit on fire.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    Joey_V wrote:
    Looking at them, Victor... thanks!

I remember your racks and I remember your recs from way back when.... only thing is that they arent modular... dang it.

Joey
    The HF-4, HF-3, & HF-33 are modular Joey. You can add shelves and there are 4 different pole lengths available (4", 7", 9", & 11"). You don't need any tools to assemble them either. I have the (no longer available) HF-6G for my 2 channel rig and the HF-33 for the HT.

Hope that helps :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Thanks to all for your support and action.

I've written twice to the ebay store with whom I purchased the rack. . .no response, perhaps I should initiate an action to get his email inbox inundated with email. He should atleast have the common courtesy to let me know that he can't help me or some kind of response other than ignoring this, especially since I've recommended him to other people because his price was so good. Hmmmmm.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    HI...

I made it quite clear in my e-mail that she could take a page or seventeen from the good folks here at Polk Audio.

I also heard Linda Fang just took down all the Christmas Trees at VTI headquarters and replaced them with skinned puppies doused with egg nog and lit on fire.

Thanks ZB and BTW LOL
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    This is the first line off of VTI's about us page:

VTI Manufacturing, Inc. specializes in manufacturing entertainment and presentation furniture for home and office use. Our goal is to provide our customers with best quality products, very affordable prices and excellent service.
    :rolleyes:

The bolded words are a crock of do do!
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited December 2006
    Mrs. Fang emailed me back today. Here is her response:

Dear Bill,

Thanks very much for your e-mail. We do stand behind our products and provide good customer service to all reasonable customers. However, we would not want to be taken advantage of by this one and only dishonest and unreasonable guy.

He has the freedom to say what he wants under the "freedom of speech clause". However, fact will remain and last forever.

Thank you!

Regards,

Linda Fang
    VTI Manufacturing, Inc.
    11015 Rush Street #4
    So El Monte, CA 91733

The heat is on.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited December 2006
    why do i get the feeling that this company has about 2 employees and is run out of someone's house?

so funny... keep it coming, this is some good reading material! :D
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited December 2006
    Wonder what they think a "reasonable" customer is ... One they never hear from ?
  • halo
    edited December 2006
    Libertyc wrote:
    Mrs. Fang emailed me back today. Here is her response:

Dear Bill,

Thanks very much for your e-mail. We do stand behind our products and provide good customer service to all reasonable customers. However, we would not want to be taken advantage of by this one and only dishonest and unreasonable guy.

He has the freedom to say what he wants under the "freedom of speech clause". However, fact will remain and last forever.

Thank you!

Regards,

Linda Fang
    VTI Manufacturing, Inc.
    11015 Rush Street #4
    So El Monte, CA 91733

The heat is on.
    I hate to say I told you so but...I told you - she'll never "get it". ;)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Halo wrote:
    I hate to say I told you so but...I told you - she'll never "get it". ;)

She gets to call me dishonest because with all that is going on in my life with moving into a new home and ordering and receiving products by the truck loads I couldn't remember to the date that I ordered the rack and told her the wrong information in the very beginning of the first conversation. . . from that point forward she took the attitude that I am trying to get over on her. Nothing that was said from that point forward was valid in her twisted mind.

She comes off as a greedy foreigner who is trying to make as much money as possible no matter what she has to do.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    My new projector arrived today as well as a mattress and box spring set. One at the rental in Philly and one at the new home in Newark DE.

Wow I better write the item names and dates and the location they arrived to on the back of my hand in permanent magic marker so that if I have to call customer service I can give them the exact information or else they will think I am dishonest and unreasonable!!!

Seriously though, my son, who has the same projector is going to be taking it to his house in a day or two to check it out for me. Boy I can wait to get that HT system up and running in my new media room.

I better hold on to that magic marker because tomorrow my son's steel loft bed is scheduled to arrive in the Newark house. Oh yeah the cooling fan for my new refridgerator is supposed to arrive tomorrow and the repair guy from Sears is supposed to fix the NEW fridge tomorrow. Boy I'm gonna run out of space on my hand. :eek: LOL

PS: the Sears repair guy was present the first day I spoke to White Fang. I should have him call her tomorrow.:D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    I just read that a gentleman from Australia has sent an email to VTI about this matter. The internet makes the world very small place.

Come on people, show your support for Joe, send an email.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Libertyc
    edited December 2006
    Ditto what F1 said.... Send an email.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2006
    I wouldn't be too quick to judge a company by 1 employee. I have no experience with said company, but I do have my own company. Its hard to get good help. I would hope that someone wouldn't dismiss my company because I had an employee F up on a bad day. Who knows maybe you'll get her again. Try working your way up the ladder... general rule of thumb is ask to speak to a supervisor 3 times (clicking your heals don't work). If you have similar results please post with an update. If not then maybe fly out and slap the ho!
    Good luck Ben

Milk Crates?
    Edit I just reread the post... fly out and slap the ho!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • halo
    edited December 2006
    I don't think it's going to get through her thick skull but I sent a very polite, yet direct, email to VTI on your behalf Joe. I sincerely hope that it helps and that they come to their senses. Keep us posted. Best of luck to you. :)
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2006
    Folks let's keep this clean.

There was a time when this would have been handled by a manager or in this case the owner.

There was a time when this would have been handled for a "customer service" reason, or exchanged so their engineer could examine the defects. This way future customers calling with similar problems would have a "bang with a rubber mallet" remedy waiting for them.

There was a time with something called the "Christmas Spirit". But as many Americans are aware, this is under assault and unknown to some.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Thanks Jesse and all you folks for helping me with this and supporting me.:)

I just got back to the rental from the new house. . . boy things are just not going as planned but such is life.:(

I got to spend about an hour today (first time since Tuesday) on this VTI rack.:mad:

Linda Fang was right, the shelf isn't warp.:eek: I placed each shelf (there are 3) on the 9" rack. They all looked severly warped when on that rack.:confused: The points of each post do not line up with the gooves on the rack below it, the center post's point is about 1/2 " shorter than the rest. When I rest the rack on level ground it wobbles is three different directions.:rolleyes:

I kept looking at the damned thing but couldn't figure out why the shelves looked so warped.:confused: So I took out my trusty old Sears 94021 Dial Calipers and my micrometer.:D

I measured each of the 7 welded rails that connected to the 5 posts from the bottom of each post cap to the top of the welded rail. The difference in the heights of the welded rails were dramatic. At the center post, the left rail height was .19", going to the far left post the welded rail was .32" . . . All the other posts cap to welded rails heights were between .2" through .245" . . . there are 14 welded spots all with varying degrees of height as you can see but the LEFT post welded rails are so much lower that any shelf placed on it has a large gap between the bottom of the shelf and the rail thus making the shelf look severly warp and it is very wobbly.

Now because these 14 welded spots are so varied in heights, the bottom of the 5 posts do not line up flush at the floor. Hence Linda Fangs "hit it with a rubber hammer fix." I tried that. I tapped the posts ever so slightly to get them to move. Now I was able to get all of the points into the grooves, the center post was now 3/4" short and with all the points lined up in the grooves the shelf was even more out of wack. Thus the manufacturing defects making Linda Fang's bogus fix cause things to get worse.

I don't know if I've done good job of describing this, I'm a bit stress drained but if you were able to look at it, it is blantently obvious that this is not shipping damage a Ms Fang claims. Unless of courss the shipper opened the box, got a welding torch, unwelded the rails and welded them back evenly!!!:rolleyes: :eek:

Do you think I have a snowballs chance in hell of convincing Ming the Merciless that this is her companies shotty work???

I didn't think so, unfortunately neither do I.

I've accepted that I am going to have to live with Ming's decision. But that doesn't mean I don't want her email box brimming with messages ripping her about her shotty work and shotty customer service. I must say I feel a bit angry that she had the nerve to tell Billy that I was dishonest and unreasonable. I resent her coming to this country and thinking that she can get away with this kind of crap. Sorry I'm getting crabby but damn it, it is the truth!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll be taking pictures tomorrow of the whole procedure with the Dial Calipers, even if I have to do it late tomorrow night I am getting this out on the web.

Thanks again to all you guys 'n' gals for your support!

Joe
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Polk65 wrote:
    Folks let's keep this clean.

There was a time when this would have been handled by a manager or in this case the owner.

There was a time when this would have been handled for a "customer service" reason, or exchanged so their engineer could examine the defects. This way future customers calling with similar problems would have a "bang with a rubber mallet" remedy waiting for them.

There was a time with something called the "Christmas Spirit". But as many Americans are aware, this is under assault and unknown to some.

Well my friend those days are over because we have foreigners running businesses with the attitude that they are doing us fat lazy Americans a favor giving us the opportunity to spend our money on their labors.

Go into a Dunkin Donuts that is foreigner owned order something and then tell them they made a mistake. . . see how fast they raise their voice and start giving you sh . . .Crap (trying to keep it clean) I've experienced that too many times and am sick of that do do (trying to keep it clean) also.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2006
    Take some pictures and send them to her. As a last resort, return the rack to her for examination with the hopes that she replaces the rack after examination and sees first hand you are not at fault for her defective product.

Or, go to a metalshop and have them fabricate you a new replacement piece for the one that's defective.

Post some pics for us. Sorry to hear about this **** Joe!

Carl
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    schwarcw wrote:
    Take some pictures and send them to her. As a last resort, return the rack to her for examination with the hopes that she replaces the rack after examination and sees first hand you are not at fault for her defective product.

Or, go to a metalshop and have them fabricate you a new replacement piece for the one that's defective.

Post some pics for us. Sorry to hear about this **** Joe!

Carl

Carl she already made it clear that if I sent a shelf (with me paying shipping to and fro') and she doesn't agree she would be sending the original back.

I figured out the shipping costs and if I did that it would bring my total cost over the MSRP (time, materials, shipping insurance etc). I bought the rack when I did because it was almost $100 under the MSRP.

Thanks Carl for your concern. Did you get to read two three posts up?
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2006
    Send her some pics. Hard to argue shipping damage from what you desrcibed. Maybe they built that one free style.:eek:
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Libertyc
    edited December 2006
    Oh well...they lost me as a customer. Let's all chip in and buy new rack for Joe. It will be a nice house warming gift from his friends from club Polk. I'll start by putting in $25.00. Give me your Paypal addy Joe. Happy Holidays!
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    SCompRacer wrote:
    Send her some pics. Hard to argue shipping damage from what you desrcibed. Maybe they built that one free style.:eek:

I'm glad to see ya on Rich I gotta a couple of questions for ya.

First off, I'm going to have to send her pictures from someone elses email account because I am sure she is just deleting mine when they arrive. I sent her an email that I think obviously need a reply and she didn't.

Anyhooooo. . . I got two of the end caps off of the 3" shelf and removed the rubber stops you were telling me about a few posts back.

The underside of the rails have about 1/2" slots right at the weld spots. . .
    1. did you cover them with anything inparticular to keep the shot from spilling out?

2. were you able to get all the rubber stops out of all the rail ends?

3. what size shot did you use?

4. where did you get the shot?

5. didn't it make the rack excessively heavy?

6. did you have any stubborn end caps and if so how did you get them off without damaging the roundness?

One of the other guys recommended reptile sand . . . any thought on that?

One more thing . . . do you think your SACD sounds as good or better than vinyl? I think it was Shack who told me that it he thought it did and I'm thinking of buying and SACD player.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Libertyc wrote:
    Oh well...they lost me as a customer. Let's all chip in and buy new rack for Joe. It will be a nice house warming gift from his friends from club Polk. I'll start by putting in $25.00. Give me your Paypal addy Joe. Happy Holidays!

Thanks for the great thought Billy but really no thanks . . . all this support is good enough for me!:) Besides getting this piece of junk to work better than VTI could ever expect, this gives me a challange to overcome!!!;) :D :eek:
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Halo wrote:
    I don't think it's going to get through her thick skull but I sent a very polite, yet direct, email to VTI on your behalf Joe. I sincerely hope that it helps and that they come to their senses. Keep us posted. Best of luck to you. :)

Thanks Pal 'O' Mine.

She has it in her twisted skull that because my first reply to her question, "when did you buy this," was incorrect, that I am lying to her and am just trying to get over on her.

Then of course in my first email to her company complaining about her awful service, not knowing, that she is the "owner," I said that she yelled at me and then told me to call the distributor and then hung up on me. . . she said that those claims were all lies. This is one of those times when I wish I had a recorder on my phone so I could keep a loop of the call constantly calling her and playing the tape over and over and over and over. . . Boy I'm starting to get evil here I better stop!:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    cindy100 wrote:
    I've also sent an email; sorry to hear about the way you have been treated.

Cindy

Thanks so much!
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    I'm going to the mattresses with this creep also. This is the ebay seller I purchased the rack from. I've tried to contact him twice with detailed explainations and requests for help and he has ignored me. . .note the last name, I think it is Ming the Merciless's cousin.

Ebay name = jspht8338

Email Address = jspht8338@aol.com

Name and location:

Jason S Pang
    Hawthorne, CA 90250 United States

What really burns my **** is that I have recommended this jerk off to several people (cheap price for the VTI racks) including Joey V. and gave him an excellant ebay rating.