Favorite Christmas Song

2»

Comments

• pmckeealaska
    pmckeealaska Posts: 808
    edited December 2006
    I detest them all. I can't wait till December 26th. Sorry to be such a scrooge but I think Christmas has always brought out the worst in humanity, and Christmas songs are absolute torture!
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
    NAD T763 Reciever
    Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
    Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
    Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
    Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited December 2006
    Here are a few more classics (IMO)...

Where Are You Christmas - Cindy Lou Who
    Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
    I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas - Drifters
    Jingle Bells - Frank Sinatra (cool!)
    Please Come Home For Christmas - Eagles
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    I detest them all. I can't wait till December 26th. Sorry to be such a scrooge but I think Christmas has always brought out the worst in humanity, and Christmas songs are absolute torture!

How's the view from Mt Crumpet, anyways?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • polktiger
    polktiger Posts: 556
    edited December 2006
    Definately Sleigh Ride by Andy Williams

Followed by My Favority Things and It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - both by Andy Williams.

I really enjoy Johnny Mathis's Christmas CDs as well.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    I always liked The Little Drummer Boy.

The worst has to be Paul McCartney's Wonderful X-mas Time. They should pipe this crap over and over into jail cells when detaining Taliban POWs.
    No excuses!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Strong Bad wrote:
    The worst has to be Paul McCartney's Wonderful X-mas Time. They should pipe this crap over and over into jail cells when detaining Taliban POWs.

Slap a gold star on him.... WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding...................

DONG!!!!!!!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • polktiger
    polktiger Posts: 556
    edited December 2006
    Strong Bad wrote:
    I always liked The Little Drummer Boy.

By far, the worst song of all time - even worse than the stupid barking dog song. Why does it even get played? I have never met a single person that could tolerate that song much less actually liked it.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight) - The Ramones

I can't believe I forgot this one. The wife and I were listening to this last night and have to rank it pretty high on the list of our favorites.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2006
    steveinaz wrote:
    The Christmas Song-Nat King Cole
    + one
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited December 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Elvis - Blue Christmas

Our local Walgreens , through chance or design, plays "Blue Christmas" a lot.
    There's a good chance that if you shop there, you'll hear "Blue Christmas" which, I think, is a good thing. :)

.... a real good song to sing along to.

....which I insist on doing. :rolleyes:

Yep, "Blue Christmas" fires up, and my sons scatter like rats on a sinking ship.
    They know what's coming.
    Sal Palooza
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,182
    edited December 2006
    The little Drummer Boy. Loved it since I was a kid.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited December 2006
    Another excellent Elvis Christmas song is, "Santa Bring my Baby Back to Me".

The man was King.
    Sal Palooza