How the hell do they know!

13»

Comments

• TN_Polk_Lover
    TN_Polk_Lover Posts: 243
    edited February 2007
    I heard on the news yesterday that there was supposed to be some kind of meeting yesterday about global warming, but it had to be cancelled due to the snow. (Not sure where it was, possibly NYC?) I only caught the tail end of the news snippet. It made me laugh.

I also remember being taught in school that the earth was getting colder. That was supposedly based on science back then.

You cannot deny that we have gone through an overall warming trend in my lifetime (52 years). The question is, is it just part of a normal cyclical thing, and will there be a gradual cooling start happening at some point?

Robert
    Robert
    You are officially in the high-end of the deep-end of the top-end.

Bonus Room Over Garage:
    Toshiba 27" CRT TV
    Digital Source: Sony DVP-NS3100ES
    DVR: Panasonic DMR-ES15
    Denon 3806 AV Receiver
    - L/R Preamp out to Parasound HCA-1200 Amp
    Polk RTi70's, CSi40 Center, RTi38 Side Surrounds, RTi38 Back Surrounds

Living Room: (2ch only)
    TV: Sony KV20-FV12
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS715P
    Yamaha R9 Receiver Polk RTi38's
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited February 2007
    The Earth is warming because of Al Gore’s entourage. Just kidding, actually I might pay attention to these folks if they practiced what they preached. In addition, this issue has been too politicized to even see the truth anymore. But all of these supposed environmentalists need to go on an energy diet more than the average person.

It disgusts me when people like Gore even bring up certain subjects. He has claimed to the man to help America’s poor but according to his tax returns in 1997, his charitable contributions were $353 when their AGI was just under $200k. Perhaps he confused 1/10th with 1/1000th. He claims the Earth is doomed but yet he and his entourage burns more fuel in a year than probably all of this forum’s members combined. The Hollywood pukes are the same. I think the only one that actually practices what he preaches is Leo Dicaprio. I believe I read somewhere that he drives a hybrid and fly’s commercial wherever he goes.

Anyway, only time will tell. I do agree with a previous poster that we should do something to help the environment even if there is no issue. We, the United States, would be much better off if we reduced our reliance on foreign oil. Oil is, after all, the only thing those Tuskin Raiders have that is valuable so let them blow themselves up over it and not use it as leverage over us.

Build more Nuclear power plants!!!!!!!! Period! (This will probably start a nice debate)

Everyone should do their part. I’m doing mine…. TDI, 50 mpg or 700 miles per tank and I plan to replace my oil burner with a corn burner furnace this year. Not to mention, I do recycle. Now if I could just get my politicians to back up their rhetoric they spew out during campaign time.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    ^^^ Excellent post! Go nukes!

I do wish politictions from both sides would follow their own preachings...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    m00npie wrote:
    Build more Nuclear power plants!!!!!!!! Period!

QFT

Our country has been so slow on this one.