How the hell do they know!

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    Bacon is bad for you??? My grandmother ate at least a couple of pounds per month her entire life, passed in her sleep at 86. Pffft.

The real reason for the warmer weather as I see it is all the hot air coming out of the mouths of those "peace loving" Muslim terrorist pieces of ****. As a possible solution I think a little bacon in their diet might be the cure to shutting them up, then the weather can return to normal. Everyone's happy...well except the pig's, I'd venture to say.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!:D :D:D:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    venomclan wrote:
    Your a hot dog, Frank Fuhrter.

I knew a guy named Frank Farter.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    God merley set things in motion. He does not decide what happens to us after that. We have freewill to make our own decisions and this includes how we treat the planet that we were given dominion over.

Luckily it also includes upgrades! Long live LSi!!

And humanity has been using this earth as our own personal toilet since Adam screwed up. . . God is still in control!!!
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2006
    Better power cords and MIT I/C`s and speaker cable will save the world...trust me.....I can prove it !

Made my world much better..!!

and screw the pigs...they`re everywhere...trying to give everybody tickets, and...and...

oh those pigs....yah, I say eat the bastages..!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    OK, the earth is the hottest its been in 1300 years.

2 points.

1) that means the earth was hotter 1301 years ago. There were no SUV's 1301 years ago so what was making the earth hot then?
    2) the earth is 4.5 billion years old. So say the climate changes every 1300 years, that would be 3.5 million climate changes which makes this 1 pretty insignifigant.

A few other points of interest.

1) The Greenhouse Effect is made of of 2% greenhouse gasses and 98% WATER VAPOR!
    2) A major volcanic eruption will spew out more greenhouse gasses than the human race has in history. Volcanoes have been erupting constantly around the world for 4.5 billion years. We're still here.
    3) Mars' climate is getting hotter too.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    OK, the earth is the hottest its been in 1300 years.

2 points.

1) that means the earth was hotter 1301 years ago. There were no SUV's 1301 years ago so what was making the earth hot then?
    2) the earth is 4.5 billion years old. So say the climate changes every 1300 years, that would be 3.5 million climate changes which makes this 1 pretty insignifigant.

A few other points of interest.

1) The Greenhouse Effect is made of of 2% greenhouse gasses and 98% WATER VAPOR!
    2) A major volcanic eruption will spew out more greenhouse gasses than the human race has in history. Volcanoes have been erupting constantly around the world for 4.5 billion years. We're still here.
    3) Mars' climate is getting hotter too.

See I told you God was in control. . . we keep **** it up and the earth keeps belching out vapors AND SEE WE ARE ALL STILL HERE!!!

This is not a mystery to me but as I said Chicken Little and the Boy Who Cried Wolf is rampant.:D
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited December 2006
    seems to me global warming exists, but it's been overhyped somewhat. Mac makes some really good points with the xception of the Mars thing (only because I don't know anything about the Mars thing);)
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    The Mars thing is that the Martian ice caps are melting just like ours. Plus the overall planet is getting warmer.

Nobody is 100% sure why but most guess as any logical thinking person would that if the earth is getting warmer and Mars is getting warmer and assuming there are no SUV's on Mars the only other thing we have in common is the SUN! Maybe this gigantic 5 billion year old ball of nuclear fusion and gas could be buring hotter for a spell.

**edit**

And just do anyone wont think Im making this stuff up, this is the first article that came up on an Ask.com search. Its an article from Reuters who are not known for their right leaning writings.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/5-9-21/32530.html
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited December 2006
    I knew a guy named Frank Farter.

lol, He must be the ceo of a large company by now and tough as nails growing up with a name like that.
    Venom
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    Since this didn't deserve it's own thread, I love the irony here:
    The Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality hearing scheduled for Wednesday, February 14, 2007, at 10:00 a.m. in room 2123 Rayburn House Office Building has been postponed due to inclement weather. The hearing is entitled “Climate Change: Are Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Human Activities Contributing to a Warming of the Planet?”

015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif
  • POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited February 2007
    Attempting to save the planet will do us no harm where as not attempting at all leads only to uncertainty and a possible end of human existence.

Attempting to save the planet will at worst clean the air we breathe and at best allow future generations to survive on Earth. Not attempting at all will at best allow our economy to continue growing and at worst destroy the planet we call home and all of mankind with it. What good is a strong economy when humans aren't around to enjoy it.

I'm not a "tree hugger" in any way but if everyone does their part (using energy efficient bulbs, higher mileage/lower emission vehicles, utilizing mass transit when appropriate etc..) we will not only increase the quality of life but also become a more efficient people.

I am not arguing the existence (or lack of existence) of global warming. I am only saying that it would not hurt us to try and save the planet whereas not trying at all will lead to the uncertain and we can only hope its not the extinction of mankind.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    My thoughts are that both the sun is hotter and humans are having an impact. In my mind, it's about 5% humans, 95% hotter sun. And no, I don't think we are all going to be drowning in 20 years like algore believes

As for how you can tell the older temps, tree rings, core sampling, etc...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited February 2007
    This really isnt rocket science here people. There are multiple ways to reconstruct past climates, from ice cores, to lake sediment samples to isotope comparisons. The techniques are long understood and accepted within the scientific community. Causation is another matter, however. The current warming trend has been attributed by many to have been caused, at least in part, to the burning of fossil fuels by humans since the industrial revolution. There are some very nice trend lines to support this supposition. The DEGREE to which humans affect the climate is the hottest (to use a pun) debate in the climate community. But only an idoit would deny that warming is occurring. It's always amazed me how people will allow there own personal political beliefs to blind there views to reality. Climatologist and all the others who are studying this problem are paid to be the experts on these matters and much of the literature that I have read is very compelling. I have witnessed warming first hand after having lived up in Alaska for the last 20 years and I tell you, it is happening. I really wish folks could look past there own bias and see it for what it is.

It's been below zero here every day in Feb..the avg temp should be in the 30s
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    krabby5 wrote:
    It's been below zero here every day in Feb..the avg temp should be in the 30s

Don't worry, these are the same people telling us in the 70s that we were about to go into the next ice age. ;)

I wish a global warming expert could tell us what the earth's optimum climate is. When the earth was nearly covered in ice was the world wrong for all that time? How do we know that it's not supposed to be warmer (a warmth that is wholly insignificant, mind you)?

Maybe we should start to accept that climates shift all the time, and we're not even a drop in the bucket in terms of our time here on this planet. 150 years of recorded weather patterns on a planet that is believed to be 4.5 billion years old is hardly factual evidence of man having any effect on the earth's climate. How arrogant.

The real motive behind global warming has nothing to do with saving the planet, at least beyond the stupes that just swallow hook, line, and sinker. It's got everything to do with more government control on our personal lives, be it in business or our day to day lives.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    It's got everything to do with more government control on our personal lives, be it in business or our day to day lives.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!! Republicans=smaller government, Democrats=huge government. . . who is shouting about global warming???? The likes of Al Gore.
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!! Republicans=smaller government, Democrats=huge government. . . who is shouting about global warming???? The likes of Al Gore.

Well, it used to be that way. These days they're both pretty much the same, but one is worse than the other. Republicans are no great shakes lately either in that aspect (the biggest issue I have had with GWB, although he did cut taxes, which was huge).

I miss Reagan. :(
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    I miss Reagan. :(

We all do!:(
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited February 2007
    We (humans) have created so much greenhouse gasses with our suv's that we have also screwed up Mars.:mad:
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited February 2007
    Naaa Thanks, I have enough to worry about, like where I'm gonna dig up my next bucks for my next upgrade or my next tweak!!!:rolleyes: :D

And humanity has been using this earth as our own personal toilet since Adam screwed up. . . God is still in control!!!

If God is in control ask him for the money for your next tweet.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    bikezappa wrote:

If God is in control ask him for the money for your next tweet.

He has been providing all the money for everything I have and it keeps coming in . . .He is amazing and I don't even ask Him for money it just comes.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    2) A major volcanic eruption will spew out more greenhouse gasses than the human race has in history.

Is today Crap Science Day?

I'll fix it for ya:
    MacLeod wrote:
    2) A major volcanic eruption can spew out as much sulfur dioxide as the US produces in one year.

Volcanos should be banned.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    Is today Crap Science Day?

I'll fix it for ya:

Volcanos should be banned.

They have been banned since Vesuvius they just won't cooperate!
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    They have been banned since Vesuvius they just won't cooperate!

They are part of the Axis of Evil, working with Al-Qaeda and new evidence suggests possible Iran involvement. Of course lefties will plead tolerance for volcanos, but its time to stop being PC and time to get real!

If we have to kill one volcano to save billions of lives, I'm all for it.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    They are part of the Axis of Evil, working with Al-Qaeda and new evidence suggests possible Iran involvement. Of course lefties will plead tolerance for volcanos, but its time to stop being PC and time to get real!

If we have to kill one volcano to save billions of lives, I'm all for it.

ROTF
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited February 2007
    Not to worry. Greenhouse gas emissions will slow down greatly when
    the oil runs out!
    But seriously, correct theory or not, we need to change how we do things.
    I'm not a green nut. But we have created a monster.
    Energy is already a big problem. Current oil/natural gas supplies will taper off. We'd better
    be ready with something, or global warming or not it will get very cold up North!
    Everthing is a throwaway. We eat through paper and plastic like it it was an endless resource. And then we toss it in a landfill. We will run out of room to put it all. At some point it will be so expensive to throw stuff out, we will have to recycle/repair. No more throw away electronics!

Ignoring it doen't make it go away. We don't need hysteria, we need sound workable plans that don't break the bank.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited February 2007
    This really isnt rocket science here people. There are multiple ways to reconstruct past climates, from ice cores, to lake sediment samples to isotope comparisons. The techniques are long understood and accepted within the scientific community. Causation is another matter, however. The current warming trend has been attributed by many to have been caused, at least in part, to the burning of fossil fuels by humans since the industrial revolution. There are some very nice trend lines to support this supposition. The DEGREE to which humans affect the climate is the hottest (to use a pun) debate in the climate community. But only an idoit would deny that warming is occurring. It's always amazed me how people will allow there own personal political beliefs to blind there views to reality. Climatologist and all the others who are studying this problem are paid to be the experts on these matters and much of the literature that I have read is very compelling. I have witnessed warming first hand after having lived up in Alaska for the last 20 years and I tell you, it is happening. I really wish folks could look past there own bias and see it for what it is.

Interesting post pmckeealaska, I have a couple of friends that are not greenys that live up there and they say the same thing. The ice is going away. A few years ago the debate was if there was globale warming. Now the debate is what is causing it. Natural weather swings or CO2 emissions. I wish the political bias would go away but it won't go away here or any other place.
    The days of just looking at data are gone with this and past administrations.
    People like Ralph Radar have no power to inform today because it's so easy to label them as nuts and just plain drown them out with a 100 posts with one liners.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited February 2007
    That movie made me sick !!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000