Just in....Rumsfeld finally stepping down..

1235»

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2006
    this is why we don't discuss politics or the War in Iraq in here.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited November 2006
    Lastly, Macleod, you can act like you are just making a "joke" by posting those pictures in the middle of a heated debate. Funny thing is, no one except those on your side of the fence commented that it was funny. IMO, you intentionally tried to drive a wedge into this debate and might as well have said "Eff you" to anyone who disagreed with your viewpoint.

In another situation, the pics would be a bit funny, especially the Bush photo. In fact, I would have laughed at the Kerry photo if you hadn't put "F'in" in the caption or implied that Bush was saying "F-you" to anyone who voted against him. Your feelings and intentions were clear, as was mine when I put the word "Finally" in the title to this post. Be a man yourself and stop hiding behind a veil of humor when your intention was to piss someone off. I wouldn't call out your manhood had you not implied I was some kind of sissy for being pissed about your post. Take some time to realize the world doesn't revolve around your one-sided view, just as it doesn't revolve around mine.

Secondly, the reason it offended me is because we have had a past discussion about my idea of people coming together and you snubbed your nose at that and went apeshit calling moderate Republicans like Graham and McCain "liberals." I'll tell you right now, if we don't get someone like those guys elected President, this country will continue to be totally polarized. Like them or not, that' the reality as I see it. We have a governor Sanford in our state that's a moderate Republican, yet Democrats don't seem to hate him and Republicans do. Go figure. I've also seen you go balistic just talking about Signal Cable Risers. If memory serves me, I actually came to your defense for being a good guy.

I'd rather vote Democrat, but if electing one of them would help end this bitterness, I'd do it. Those are two of a few I might consider on the Republican aisle. Neither one is definitely pro-choice last time I checked, either. Moderate they are. Liberals? No way.

Your little pictures taken out of context would seem to be a joke, but when passions are running high and you post a negative picture of Kerry with your caption "John F'ing Kerry," don't try to hide behind your bullsh*t of "just a little joke." Your knee jerk, instantly defensive and deragatory response further proves my point. Call someone out, and if they are wrong, you get at attack in response instead of any real explanation. You call me a p*ussy because I think you are wrong. The worse I called you was immature. I intentionally waited to respond so that it was level headed and not heat of the moment.

When you show a picture of Bush indicating "F*ck you" to everyone who voted Democrat, don't try to think everyone is stupid enough to think its a joke. Anyone with a level head and the ability to be see both sides of an argument could see how some might find that offensive, particuarly in light of a serious, heated debate.

I stand by my immaturity comments. It was inappropriate, and I have a damn good sense of humor. A smartass I am, but there is a time and a place.

If I had posted a picture defaming a **** Republican who helped sabotage his party's re-election riding bareback on top of a fat, soon-to-be former Speaker of the House, all captioned with a headline of "F-ing Hippocrite Republican **** and his Pig," it might not be so funny to some on this site. Nor would it be appropriate for this thread. Nor would posting a picture of a former, now disgraced Texas lawmaker with smoke and fire coming out of his ears and a sign in the background showing dollar signs. The caption might read" Where's there's smoke..." That wouldn't be too funny either in a certain context.

None of it would have bothered me in the slightest had this been a joking thread, but guys on here were passionately, and mostly respectfully, discussing a heated topic. Guys who have served and those who haven't. Your post did nothing but disrespect everyone who was arguing a point, especially those arguing on your side. And, your past track record of "debate" with me when down the same path. We are having a moderate conversation and then you just attack when you have nothing to add or can't defend your point. Classic strategy, whether conscious or otherwise.

I thought everyone was doing a damn good job of not going over the edge until you inserted your childish crap. You just assumed that everyone would think mocking Kerry was a friggin riot. You obviously had nothing mature or worthwhile to add, so yea, I got some sand in my wet hole. Your comment in that regard only reinforced my idea that you can't have a conversation without being totally one sided and that your post was inappropriate.

Dangerboy, I agree with you. I swore this off after trying with MC last time. I had no intention of entering the fray until I saw that people were actually having level headed conversation. I will do my damndest to stay out it in the future. Too bad we can't chat without going over the top.

At least I can admit when someone else makes a good point. I'm done ever debating you because I don't believe you know how. Rant over. I don't hold grudges, however, so you are still welcome to stay at my home if we ever have PF here again. And, thanks for your past, free car audio advice.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    Sandy **** wrote:
    Lastly, Macleod, you can act like you are just making a "joke" by posting those pictures in the middle of a heated debate. Funny thing is, no one except those on your side of the fence commented that it was funny. IMO, you intentionally tried to drive a wedge into this debate and might as well have said "Eff you" to anyone who disagreed with your viewpoint.

In another situation, the pics would be a bit funny, especially the Bush photo. In fact, I would have laughed at the Kerry photo if you hadn't put "F'in" in the caption or implied that Bush was saying "F-you" to anyone who voted against him. Your feelings and intentions were clear, as was mine when I put the word "Finally" in the title to this post. Be a man yourself and stop hiding behind a veil of humor when your intention was to piss someone off. I wouldn't call out your manhood had you not implied I was some kind of sissy for being pissed about your post. Take some time to realize the world doesn't revolve around your one-sided view, just as it doesn't revolve around mine.

Secondly, the reason it offended me is because we have had a past discussion about my idea of people coming together and you snubbed your nose at that and went apeshit calling moderate Republicans like Graham and McCain "liberals." I'll tell you right now, if we don't get someone like those guys elected President, this country will continue to be totally polarized. Like them or not, that' the reality as I see it. We have a governor Sanford in our state that's a moderate Republican, yet Democrats don't seem to hate him and Republicans do. Go figure. I've also seen you go balistic just talking about Signal Cable Risers. If memory serves me, I actually came to your defense for being a good guy.

I'd rather vote Democrat, but if electing one of them would help end this bitterness, I'd do it. Those are two of a few I might consider on the Republican aisle. Neither one is definitely pro-choice last time I checked, either. Moderate they are. Liberals? No way.

Your little pictures taken out of context would seem to be a joke, but when passions are running high and you post a negative picture of Kerry with your caption "John F'ing Kerry," don't try to hide behind your bullsh*t of "just a little joke." Your knee jerk, instantly defensive and deragatory response further proves my point. Call someone out, and if they are wrong, you get at attack in response instead of any real explanation. You call me a p*ussy because I think you are wrong. The worse I called you was immature. I intentionally waited to respond so that it was level headed and not heat of the moment.

When you show a picture of Bush indicating "F*ck you" to everyone who voted Democrat, don't try to think everyone is stupid enough to think its a joke. Anyone with a level head and the ability to be see both sides of an argument could see how some might find that offensive, particuarly in light of a serious, heated debate.

I stand by my immaturity comments. It was inappropriate, and I have a damn good sense of humor. A smartass I am, but there is a time and a place.

If I had posted a picture defaming a **** Republican who helped sabotage his party's re-election riding bareback on top of a fat, soon-to-be former Speaker of the House, all captioned with a headline of "F-ing Hippocrite Republican **** and his Pig," it might not be so funny to some on this site. Nor would it be appropriate for this thread. Nor would posting a picture of a former, now disgraced Texas lawmaker with smoke and fire coming out of his ears and a sign in the background showing dollar signs. The caption might read" Where's there's smoke..." That wouldn't be too funny either in a certain context.

None of it would have bothered me in the slightest had this been a joking thread, but guys on here were passionately, and mostly respectfully, discussing a heated topic. Guys who have served and those who haven't. Your post did nothing but disrespect everyone who was arguing a point, especially those arguing on your side. And, your past track record of "debate" with me when down the same path. We are having a moderate conversation and then you just attack when you have nothing to add or can't defend your point. Classic strategy, whether conscious or otherwise.

I thought everyone was doing a damn good job of not going over the edge until you inserted your childish crap. You just assumed that everyone would think mocking Kerry was a friggin riot. You obviously had nothing mature or worthwhile to add, so yea, I got some sand in my wet hole. Your comment in that regard only reinforced my idea that you can't have a conversation without being totally one sided and that your post was inappropriate.

I know you are but what am I
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited November 2006
    My **** has belonged to somebody else for over thirty years amigo. That enough?

:rolleyes: You're right... That was 30 freaking years ago!!! Present year = 2006!

Get a clue old man.:p
  • MikeC78
    edited November 2006
    MikeC78, you mentioned "FYI, I'm currently in Camp Blue Diamond Ramadi, Iraq as I type this. "

With proper restrictions on the transmission of military operations in mind, what is the deal with the ammo dump explosion at FOB Falcon ?
    I've posted a video of the explosion elsewhere, taken by some Army personnel on patrol in Baghdad, and ...... whew !

:confused: Don't even know where that FOB is located? I'm in Ramadi, it's either Hurricane Point, Camp Ramadi, Blue Diamond, or combat outpost.... nothing else in the immediate area.

If you think that is something, you have alot to learn bud!;)

Mike
  • MikeC78
    edited November 2006
    ND13 wrote:
    Some of you need to read what you're writing, before you hit the reply tab. Some of it is just plain silly.

BINGO!!!:)
  • MikeC78
    edited November 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    I know you are but what am I

Pee-wee herman?
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    Mr. Mike C78,

My comment was supposed to clue you into the fact that I have, and am still serving my country (militarily) for over thirty years.

Now YOU have a clue, young man.

Be careful and come home in one piece.
  • MikeC78
    edited November 2006
    Mr. Mike C78,

My comment was supposed to clue you into the fact that I have, and am still serving my country (militarily) for over thirty years.

Now YOU have a clue, young man.

Be careful and come home in one piece.

I thought you were meaning that you HAVE (which you worded "has" past tense) served 30 yrs ago, not present date? My father served back in the early 60's, but he's clueless what's going on now.... I keep him informed on a daily basis.

:)Thank you for clarifying yourself! That's why we have you old farts around to keep us young ones in check!;)

I'll be leaving this hell hole in about a week... then I go to another one where I stage for who knows how long... then I should be home aorund the beginning of December.:cool:

Thanks, I'm done doing missions until I leave!:)

Mike
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    You're welcome.