People amaze me

Options

Comments

• ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I have no problem with you sharing your weird conversation while on vacation. Matter of fact, I snickered, shook my head, and wrote it off as another "people are strange" moment.
    My reverse bigotry comment comes from a small sample of quotes that followed.
    just think...this guy has probably reproduced

Did you ever notice that these Hitler type white supremacists that hate **** and everyone else are the same guys that are **** each other on all the prison movies

To me (and this is just my opinion) saying things like the above quotes (true or not) are really no different. Just another form of hatred.

Side note reply: No, nothing happened. Just forgot how to count.
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ninerbj wrote:

To me (and this is just my opinion) saying things like the above quotes (true or not) are really no different. Just another form of hatred.

uh.......ok........

calling out a guy who feels hitler should have killed all homosexuals is bigoted? I dont know how to put this gently, so I wont

that is the most retarded f*cking thing I have ever heard in my life.

not meaning to be inflammatory, but I'm not one to hold back an opinion.

I dont have a problem with him not liking ****, hell I dont care if he hates ****, blacks, latinos, midgets, and circus clowns. But when its him audibly saying they should all be killed (and that was his point) is where this isnt just a "I dont like the type of guy he is issue" its a "YOUR A EFFIN SCUMBAG" issue. Not to mention he seems to like Hitler, and call me kooky, but didnt he try to take over the goddamn planet?!?!.........anyway

Especially saying what he said to a guy he never met? I'm not even **** and I would have told him to go kill himself (or grabbed his **** and blew him a kiss, depending on my mood). that makes me a bigot?.....OK, then get me a hood and a burning cross I guess, because I've allready got the pick up truck.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited October 2006
    Options
    p.s., I still stand by the "this guy has **** tendencies and hates himself for it, hence he wants all **** dead" opinion.....FIRMLY :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Spiraling out of control....MAYDAY...MAYDAY!!!

Meerkats amaze me!!:eek:
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • ninerbj
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Ohskibaby...
    I may have "retarded" ways of thinking, or "retarded" ways of expressing my typed thoughts, so allow me to clear a couple of things.

Please don't confuse me with some Secular Progressive with a daisy in his hair chanting to my Al Franken poster in hopes that he and Barbra Streisand can spread the word of love and forgiveness to the world. That is not me OR my point!
    I'm not a small guy. But I do have a small fuse at times. Especially when it comes to backward thinking like this fine gentleman Brett talks about. And unlike Brett, I WOULD have stood up and cleaned his clock right there and then! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
    I am just so sick and **** tired of all the bashing of every group on this whole planet! Bashing of ****, whites, blacks, people who live in trailers, Muslins, Jehovah Witness, BOSE owners, Chevy drivers, sandwich eating bowlers...you get my point? What are you Ohskigod? Are you White? Maybe one of those crazy Lutherans or something? Whatever you are, someone out there wants you dead for it. THAT IS REALITY!

Maybe I should have just said..."Yeah! Screw the Hitler hater! He is bound to be inbred with thoughts like that! Can you believe he hates ****?" In all reality, I bet he doesn't know one homosexual...DOH, better yet, I bet he does know someone that is **** and doesn't even know it! That alone makes me smile and raise my hand in victory knowing karma is a ****.

So, for you Ohskigod, Brett and anyone else involved in this conversation. Why sweat the small ****? These simple, uneducated humans don't deserve the attention they crave. They don't deserve the kudos of bringing out the anger in each and every one of us.
    IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

*we now return to our regular scheduled retarded program*
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ohskigod wrote:
    p.s., I still stand by the "this guy has **** tendencies and hates himself for it, hence he wants all **** dead" opinion.....FIRMLY :D

Yeah, like that marine guy in "American Beauty".
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • ohskigod
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I gotta make sure I'm getting this right. were wrong for calling this guy the do*schebag that I still firmly think he is, and I'm wrong and a bigot, but if you clock this dude in the jaw, your not?.............................I'm really hoping your not taking this too personally, but WTF?

eh, whatever, lets just agree to disagree, maybe something got lost in the translation in the written word,

P.S. I'm white, Italian, pleasantly plump, and dont care what people think about me, but If someone has the audacity to bring it to my face (intentionally or not) like our **** friend did, then so be it.

I take my right to hate ****'s, Islamo Fascists, not because I just hate the group, but because I am a firm believer that hatred toward me warrants hatred in kind.

I just still dont get what is wrong with calling this do*schebag a .....well......a do*schebag

I must restate, its not even the fact he hates **** that makes him the douschebag, its spouting it to a complete stranger in a car dealership while showing reverence to one of the most evil humans to walk the planet. That alone warrants me having the right to call this guy a frikkin do*schebag

by the way, whats wrong with Chevy?..................................wait for it.........................................DO*SCHEBAG!!!!!!! :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,565
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The response given to the old guy was the best one that was possible.
    He thought he was talking to a straight male.
    Now he will forever doubt his ability to tell the difference.
    It will drive him crazy.
    Hitting him wouldn't have the same effect as all the"who is or who isn't"
    stuff bouncing around in his head.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • ohskigod
    edited October 2006
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote:
    ve the same effect as all the"who is or who isn't"
    stuff bouncing around in his head.

good point, you know thats gonna stay with him for years....LOL :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ninerbj
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Your right...good point. I'm a bigot, your a bigot...we are all bigots. (YES WE ARE ALL BIGOTS in some way shape or form)
    Maybe the right thing would have been to stand up and slip him the tounge? I do think that would be more affective. I mean, just think about it. Can you imagine the looks on his friends faces when he related the story..."THEN THE FAGOT STOOD UP AND KISSED ME!" If that wouldn't bring tears of laughter to the klan, I don't know what would.
    All kidding aside...
    Instead of me making judgment on all of you for acting no different than our friend in the pointy hat, I should have just said..."So what! Such is life, get over it." Brett is a mature guy and I am sure he has gone threw this before...and will again. Does that mean I have anything against Brett? Of course not! It also doesn't mean I think Brett was at fault either (just to make myself clear) It also doesn't mean I want to give Hitler Boy a free pass in life. All I was just trying to get accross was that we should not follow his lead into the realm of hatered.
    Oh, and one more thing. Ohskigod, I didn't know you were ****! Everyone knows **** drive Chevy's! (not that there is anything wrong with that ;)
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I have to set one huge misnomer right:

**** do NOT drive Chevy's........ :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • ohskigod
    edited October 2006
    Options
    man, no love for the chevys........f*ckers all of you :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• brettw22
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Could you see how I was trying to avoid the giggle induced by me saying I was gonna try to set something straight? :P
  • ninerbj
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Thats funny! You Chevy driving, Polk playing, View watching, sister fighting, narcoleptic, trouble maker! ;)

Brad The Bigot
  • brettw22
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Brad/Brett bit hasn't been done to my knowledge since Pulp Fiction by Mr. Samuel Jackson..... ;)
  • ninerbj
    edited October 2006
    Options
    LOL...that's almost as good as the Big Kahuna Burger!
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Was going to say something but I didn't relize the thread was farther then I read. Sorry
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • ninerbj
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Nah, nothing meant for you. Relax soilder. All is good.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The highlight is that you ruined his entire week!:) Most people in your position consider "turning the other cheek" the proper thing to do. I say "F" the A-hole. The best thing is that it did not go that far. You walked the tight-rope and made it to the other side. Nice...real cool.:cool:

OK...so on a lighter note...did anyone else just about lose it when reading the above? Or am I just the most immature one here?

Either way sorry you had to deal with that Bret. People are entitled to their opinions and feelings, but should never be allowed to degrade or belittle another in the process.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2006
    Options
    What cracks me up is this guy just walks up to a guy he doesn't know from a hole in the wall & starts spouting his philosophy of life!

:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

The guy ain't wrapped too tight if he just starts talking to complete strangers about such things & doesn't even bother to wonder if the person who he is talking to might be one of the very ones he hates!

Maybe he thinks they all live in closets! What an idiot!:rolleyes:

You handled the situation well Brett! I have no doubt he might think twice before he starts up another such conversation with a complete stranger!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I don't know, I think the old guy (and Hitler, too) has a valid point.

"You people" are well known to steal babies when you pass through a town.
    I don't think that's a nice thing to do.

......we are talking about gypsies, right ?
    Sal Palooza
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    Spiraling out of control....MAYDAY...MAYDAY!!!

Meerkats amaze me!!:eek:

me too.. i love Meerkat Madness. :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    What cracks me up is this guy just walks up to a guy he doesn't know from a hole in the wall & starts spouting his philosophy of life!

Doesn't that happen here on a daily basis? ;)

Lou,

I think niner had/has a point. People are putting the same hate on that guy as he did to ****, like it or not. Who knows why the guy is like that, maybe he is ****, maybe his dad was, maybe his dad hated them too, maybe he was raped, maybe he has more than a couple screws loose and that day was **** bashing day. Who knows these things. To just say that you hat the guy fro what he said is just as bad as what the other guy was doing.

I mean, what's the difference for hating one group versus another. What hate is ok and which is not? I think that was his point. Hate the sin, not the sinner and all that...

Brett handled it very well when all is said and done. Physical violance and the "molesting" options are not very smart at all, especially with someone that close to the edge. Had Brett been any more forward or aggressive, who's to say the guy wouldn't walk out to his car, pull his gun and ended Brett right then and there?

Anyway, Kudos Brett, I'm out...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2006
    Options
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    To just say that you hat the guy fro what he said is just as bad as what the other guy was doing.

I mean, what's the difference for hating one group versus another. What hate is ok and which is not? I think that was his point. Hate the sin, not the sinner and all that...

WTF There is no moral equivalency in this situation.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    Options
    PolkThug wrote:
    WTF There is no moral equivalency in this situation.

So you think it's ok to hate people for being the way they are as long as they meet your definition of "bad". Good to know...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2006
    Options
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    So you think it's ok to hate people for being the way they are as long as they meet your definition of "bad". Good to know...

You're right, I don't support people who support the murder of homosexuals. If murdering homosexuals isn't "bad", then I don't want to be good.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Options
    jdhdiggs wrote:

Uh, yes? What is this, a love-fest? You have to love everyone equally? Do I have to feel sympathy and love for terrorists and murderers too, fruitcake?

Bad people incur hate. There are grey areas to the good and bad argument but some pretty well defined extremes that all of us non-sociopaths can probably agree with.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I will say this and if anyone wants to look down on me for it, knock yourself out. I HATE HATE GROUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a low opinion of them and from what I have seen they are mostly people of low self esteem. This is america and they have the right to their opinions and I have the right NOT to like them for it. I am not a liberal nor am I a dead set conservitive. I do have a pretty strong sense of right and wrong and I let that guide me.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • ohskigod
    edited October 2006
    Options
    hey, I'll just agree to disagree. I feel you thought on this James, But I gotta say I have preconcieved notions of right and wrong. Hating someone of what they are only, color of skin, what turns a dude on, etc, especially when said person has no control over it, is flat out wrong. If it makes them uncomfortable, then fine, thats cool. I have no problem with that, but hating them to the point of insinuating that hitler was a slacker for not getting the job done in the "kill all homos" department is wrong, plain and simple. call me opinionated, call me an elitest ****, hey whatever.

there is a huge difference between hating someone for mearly existing, and hating a guy for wishing Hitler killed all ****, because that is a conscious thought. He is choosing to be a sadistic scumbag.

I mean hey, I hate the French, and I know I'm wrong for it on many levels, but I dont wish that Hitler killed them all, nes' pa?
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited October 2006
    Options
    MSALLA wrote:
    . I do have a pretty strong sense of right and wrong and I let that guide me.

DING DING, anotha WINNAH!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -