People amaze me

Options
brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,621
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
I was taking my dad's car to his local dealership for some repair work and was in the waiting area with a few other people as well. An older guy was making random small talk (not my specialty) and after a little while of watchin some sports show, he picked up the remote and started changing the channels around and ended up putting the remote down and walked away. I was reading the paper and when I finished up noticed that The View was on (not a show I watch, but whatever). Regardless of your overall opinion of the show, this is separate.

The guy was gone for a while then came back and looked at me and said "Sorry I left you watching that show......you know Hitler tried to get rid of those people, don't ya?"

"Women?"

"Not women......those homosexuals. (leaning down into my ear) You know hitler, right? ("Yes") You know there's one and her wife on there?"

"Actually, one does have a wife, but the wife isn't on the show."

"I don't know, but I don't want to see any of those people anywhere."

(brief pause thinking exactly how much I'd like to get in this guys face)

"Let me stop you for a moment. As a **** male, let me say thank you for your opinion, but have a nice day."

"Sorry, I didn't mean anything against you.....not that I mean to apologize..."

At which point he firms up his fists and then literally huffs/puffs and storms pretty quick out the door as his car was ready.

It's a good thing I was sitting down, because if I was standin up as I said "as a **** male" he would have tried to throw down. He was battling against something when he stormed out, because he was movin his mouth in the service bay when he went outside. I'm sure he was a bit shaken that he accidentally interracted with one of us......lol.........

My week in Dallas has certainly been a treat, lemme tell ya...............
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ROFLMAO :D

As much as he pissed you off, you have to relish knowing he's having a worse time of it. I pity those who carry grudges on a daily basis based on opinion and from his responses it certainly sounds like it.

"Sorry, I didn't mean anything against you.....not that I mean to apologize..."

The sad part is he probably did not learn anything from his experience that day.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Very well done. While not a **** male, I don't know if I could have kept my cool as well as you did.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2006
    Options
    LOL,

But remember "it that's all kind"

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Wow, Dallas just ain't a good place for you, eh?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Options
    <gasp> not HOMOSEXUALS! He looks up to Adolf Hitler, I mean,.... luckily even if you try you can't give him any credence. Tool.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    Options
    That sucks Brett, Dallas is/was one of the more **** friendly towns in the US. I guess there's one ignorant reject in any group.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2006
    Options
    God Brett... way to keep your cool. I don't know many of us that would've been able to.

I'm sure you deal with this BS on much more regular basis than you let us know....
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited October 2006
    Options
    People like that drive me mad. I had to switch colleges to get away from bigots and the uninformed persisting in their biased ways. I remember I was forced into a group presentation with a bunch of these afforementioned folk with the topic of **** right's to adoption, and I nearly started a riot when I voiced a dissenting opinion.

Well, there's always San Fran, right?
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • brettw22
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I don't legitimately view Dallas as a bad place (though it does reside within TX, haha). I probably shouldn't have ended with that, but no worries. Weird people everywhere......
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2006
    Options
    there will always be people like that. Hell, I would have told him to eff off only for the freak factor.

rest assured Brett, you'll forget about him LONG before he forgets about you. Congrats on showing restraint and not stomping a mud puddle into his back.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • daniel_paul_
    daniel_paul_ Posts: 189
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The highlight is that you ruined his entire week!:) Most people in your position consider "turning the other cheek" the proper thing to do. I say "F" the A-hole. The best thing is that it did not go that far. You walked the tight-rope and made it to the other side. Nice...real cool.:cool:
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Well done Brett. I like to tell them my girlfriend and I don't like the **** either:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Well done Brett. I like to tell them my girlfriend and I don't like the **** either:p
    What a coincidence, I'm lepsian too. I like to drink beer and eat...eeeeh, sushi?

Good job Brett! Dallas has its share of these idiots, that's for sure. They are sometimes fun to mess with. :D
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    Options
    You could have taken the old dude.. i'd put my money on you knocking his dentures into next week. :p

I'm sure TX is a fine place to visit.. ;)

you have had an interesting week though. :eek: :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Brett, you should have told him...

"Wow, it's a shame you feel that way. I was ready to rock your world like it's never been rocked before!"

That would have totally freaked his dumbass out.
    No excuses!
  • brettw22
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Actually what would have been more fun would have been to literally just rage right in his face and watch him wet himself that a big homo was about to beat his ****.......but i'm pretty civil with people.......:D
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited October 2006
    Options
    brettw22 wrote:
    Actually what would have been more fun would have been to literally just rage right in his face and watch him wet himself that a big homo was about to beat his ****.......but i'm pretty civil with people.......:D

sounds like he was deserving. I don't think you would have changed his opinion at all but maybe he would have learned to keep his thoughts to himself while in public.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Options
    A big homo.

Giggle.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited October 2006
    Options
    i don't get it
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • ohskigod
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Brett, you should have told him...

"Wow, it's a shame you feel that way. I was ready to rock your world like it's never been rocked before!"

That would have totally freaked his dumbass out.

NICE!

or, to streamline it further

"hmm, so I guess a BJ is out of the question?"

by the way Brett, wether you were standing or sitting, I highly doubt this guy would have thrown a punch against you. He would walked away just like he did when you were sitting. All talk, no action, huffing and puffing while walking away notwithstanding
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2006
    Options
    just think...this guy has probably reproduced...:rolleyes:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Just remember the three sure things in life. Death, taxes and the fact that no matter where you are on this planet you are sure to lift a rock and find an a**hole.
    Did you ever notice that these Hitler type white supremacists that hate **** and everyone else are the same guys that are **** each other on all the prison movies? You think they might be supressing something with all that hate? Like the fact that they are scared they might also be ****!
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • ohskigod
    edited October 2006
    Options
    MSALLA wrote:
    Did you ever notice that these Hitler type white supremacists that hate **** and everyone else are the same guys that are **** each other on all the prison movies? You think they might be supressing something with all that hate? Like the fact that they are scared they might also be ****!

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!

we have a WINNAH!!!!!!!!

in other words....absolutly true
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ninerbj
    edited October 2006
    Options
    So the dude doesn't like homosexuals...who gives a flying f**k?
    Reverse bigotry is not the answer. How bout we talk audio?!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I think that's why Brett posted this in The Clubhouse, if I'm not mistaken...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • brettw22
    edited October 2006
    Options
    niner, you should have just left your initial post of "i don't get it" instead of driving that point home with a secondary.
  • ninerbj
    edited October 2006
    Options
    You know Brett, I have never had a beef with you in over 3 years, so forgive me if I am a little shocked at your last comment.
    With that said...would you care to point out what you don't like about my last post?
  • brettw22
    edited October 2006
    Options
    This isn't a fighting thread. It was a weird conversation that found it's way to me by way of me sitting down and reading a paper while waiting for a car.

I don't know who you're actually referring to using reverse bigotry, but that seemed to be an off the wall comment as nothing I said or read really went into the realm that you commented on.

side note: you said in over 3 years but you've been on here for 4......was there something that happened in that first year? i just don't remember, and noticed the date thing........
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Calling a guy who idolizes Hitler and bashes **** doesn't seem to me to be any kind of "reverse bigotry.". I can't even imagine how you would perceive it as such. We're bashing one person, not a group of people, unless that group is "bigots."
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Maybe we should organize a "National Bigot Awareness Month":D