Fs: Sda Srs, Sda 2a, Rta-12c

Options

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The low end is an 8" bass driver in a 5' folded transmission line. The Carver Lightstar is going to drive half of it (ESL or LF), haven't decided what I'm driving the other half with. I still have a handful of SS and tube amps I can try. The Nikko Alpha 230 is first batter up, since it will drive a low impedence load effortlessly. Big fun.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2006
    Options
    At some point, one must move on to different speakers....nice grab Mike.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    At some point, one must move on to different speakers....

May the SDA Gods torment you for a thousand lifetimes...
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2006
    Options
    :eek: :cool: WAAAAAAA!!!! Oh oh, bringin out the big guys after Mark!:D

Mark...MAKE ME!:p ;):D

I like the look of them better than others I've seen Mike. Very classy!

madmax wrote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dorokusai
    At some point, one must move on to different speakers....
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    I can take the heat. ;) The SRSs didn't go easy. I had to Texas Two-Step them to the side of the room, and they kept trying to lead.

Chuck, these electrostatics will (as Russ says) make you **** your flat hat with vinyl. I don't think I can ever listen to tweeters again. :p
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hmmm... With vinyl huh?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    At some point, one must move on to different speakers....nice grab Mike.
    Thanks Mark. I still have a stable of vintage Polks in the small HT setup. And, when the little kids become more reverent of things material, they're going to have an **** rockin' juke box setup with the SDA 2-Bs.

The Revel Gems opened my ears to some possibilities. These Isis are a real joy so far. Open, involving, deep soundstage, and detailed beyond my excpectations. Yep, big fun.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    Hmmm... With vinyl huh?
    madmax
    The TT is the only source in this rig now. I removed the Toshiba R2R and Nak cassette deck. I may have to try a CDP in the mix some day, but no time soon.

Come over and have a listen.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ESL's are still on my short list as well. If/when the time comes, a pair of Quad ESL-63's in the all analog rig should fit the bill.

The nice thing is with the newest generation of Quads, the previous ESL-63 generations should bump lower in price making it concievable.

I'm actually surprised Chuck hasn't bagged the SRS's, hell they are already pimped out.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2006
    Options
    SRS SOLD - Thanks Terry!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Congrats on the Innersound ESL's Mike! I think Rich (Scompracer) has the Eros MK II's. I'd love to hear some panels.

Carl
    Carl

• BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Thanks Carl! I'm enjoying them a lot.

I hate to see the SRS go, but the forum member who bought them will take great care of them. He's driving 1350 miles R/T to get them. That makes me feel better.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,368
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The local seller just delivered them.

Mr. Rounds is a top notch fellow. Normanality and I have the Eros MK II with active crossover. We are in the process of having Marchand build custom active crossovers with the panel adjustments for us. Njoy.

Carl, if your up this way in November, your more than welcome to come and have a listen. They sound fantastic with a good SACD player too. I'll have the Bendix 6900's burned in by then.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2006
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote:
    Mr. Rounds is a top notch fellow.

Yes, Steve is the real deal. His decision to convert these to the "reference" model created some magic. The crossover is excellent in all respects and made setup a breeze. They are the most transparent (no pun intended) sound I've experienced. There simply are no speakers in the room--just music.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,368
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Yes, Steve is the real deal. His decision to convert these to the "reference" model created some magic. The crossover is excellent in all respects and made setup a breeze. They are the most transparent (no pun intended) sound I've experienced. There simply are no speakers in the room--just music.

Actually, I like the pun. True on both accounts.

And Steve wasn't exaggerating the difference between the passive and active versions. Norm picked up a pair of passive crossovers for his Eros MK II's just to have. I tried them on my speakers and quickly went back to the active crossover.

The original Black Innersound active crossover has a built in 200 WPC bass amp. It is so-so at best. Fortunately they provided a switch to shut the amp off and RCA outs to connect a better external bass amp. The later bass amps with the silver face and higher outputs with remote control of the bass adjustments were much better.

Two 60 WPC tube amps can drive these to insane volume levels with thunderous bass. I had demo'd many speakers but when I heard these at Norms about 10 months ago I had to have a pair. These speakers are an incredible value for the sonics you get. Kaya's would be nice but I say they are way overpriced. Now that Roger Sanders is up and running again, support will be there for the original Innersound products. Try calling Innersound and you just get a recording.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on the purchase of those Innersound Isis!

I almost snagged them just like I almost still want to snag those MK II's with the ver 2 crossover amp on the Gon out in SanFran. $2400 is a great price for what these speakers deliver. I'll never go back. ;)
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Terry,

Get in touch with me man!! Repeated attempts to email you have gone unanswered. Your paid for SDA SRS are sitting here waiting for you.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    Options
    RTA-12C pics please
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited June 2007
    Options
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    RTA-12C pics please

Believe it or not, and despite my best efforts to all but give them away, I still have the 12C's. However, I won't ship them. So, pics are nothing but a teaser to anyone who is not local.

I'm sure I have some pics somewhere at home (the speakers are safely stowed in their original boxes and packing.) I'm at work on lunch break. I'll take a look this evening.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I might be willing to drive to Maryland to get those PAID FOR SRS's out of your way, if you'd like..;)

Kidding, of course. Hope bikerdude is okay.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited June 2007
    Options
    jcaut wrote: »
    Kidding, of course. Hope bikerdude is okay.
    Thanks, me too!

I'll keep bumping this thread for awhile. I have no other contact info for Terry. The goods were paid for with his GF's credit card via PayPal (one-time shot, no PayPal account) over 8 months ago. Numerous emails to her Hotmail account, as well as Terry's, have gone unanswered.

-bump-
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Oh I forgot to tell you I changed my Username to JimBRICK just send them over :)
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    Options
    This doesn't sound good.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Options
    There's a Bikerdude 523 that's been active as of today on the Carver forum.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Along the same lines as Bikerdude, I think Dana Carvey had a show for a while where they would "prank people" by paying for things, then ditching out.

Kind of funny. I think one skit they ordered a couple hundred bucks of food at a McDonald's or something, paid at the first window (trying to hide their laughter), then peeled out before taking the food from the second window.

Another one, they paid a hooker, then both snuck out of the hotel room cracking up about it.

Found it: http://droll-stevan.blogspot.com/2007/05/dana-carvey-show-ditchers.html

Try him at the Carver forum.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I just dropped him a PM on the carver forum asking if he was indeed the same person, and to please contact you ASAP....I guess we'll see what happens...
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Thanks! I checked Bikerdude523 in the member list at the Carver Forum. Location is Oklahoma -- that's got to be him. I think I was registered over there at one point, but I'll be damned if I can remember my login name. Since Bill PM'ed him (thanks Bill!), I'll let this simmer a bit before I register again.

Dick Tracey has got nothin' on you guys! ;)
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Thanks! I checked Bikerdude523 in the member list at the Carver Forum. Location is Oklahoma -- that's got to be him. I think I was registered over there at one point, but I'll be damned if I can remember my login name. Since Bill PM'ed him (thanks Bill!), I'll let this simmer a bit before I register again.

Dick Tracey has got nothin' on you guys! ;)

Eh, I've been on there for about a year now..I haven't seen him around lately though...I really wonder why he would pay for them and not get them for eight months...I bet there is a good reason though, I can't imagine why he would just not pick them up...They cleaned house over there member wise, and dropped a lot of the inactive members a few months ago....I think he went through and dropped everyone who hadn't posted in a year, maybe eighteen months....So you may have to re-register anyway.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Options
    He actually posted today.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited June 2007
    Options
    He actually posted today.

Just saw that....It was late last night...a little after midnight...