FS Carver AL-IIIs in Natural Oak

Options
ND13
ND13 Posts: 7,601
edited October 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
SOLD!!!!!

I thought I'd try to hook up a fellow Polkie one more time.

I purchased a much better than average set of Carver ALIIIs from SCompRacer back a few months ago for $800. They are modded with upgraded subwoofers(Infinity Reference) and all the internal wiring was upgraded with Cardas. The Natural Oak panels are in 9/10 shape and the bass enclosures I'd rate 7/10 shape. These are the better of the two versions due to having the bias trims for high, mids and bass, which were dropped on the plus models. They are bi-wire/bi-ampable. Ribbons are in excellent shape and the upgraded woofers made a "dramatic" improvement in bass response. I've seen these go for as much as $1400 recently without the upgrages and in no better if not worse shape.

Local pick-up is highly recommended, but I'd be willing to deliver them within 5 hours of my home, 47362, for gas money. i'd also consider interesting trades, like a really nice turntable(complete) or a nice tubed amp or tubed pre(something unique with phono section and remote, like a BAT 3, Rogue 66 or 99, Cary, etc) Trades can be partial either way up or down.

REDUCED>>>$750 plus gas if I need to deliver, which would likely have to be done on a Sunday due to my open to close, 6 day/week job.

Pics to follow later

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16967&d=1148910553
"SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
Post edited by ND13 on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Wow, those are pretty... My wife would like them a lot more than the maggies... But I got to keep my eyes on the prize....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ND13
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Would also consider partial or even trades for a unique set of speakers, too. I'd like a minty set of CRS+s and some cash to boot if that intrigues anyone. Maybe some Maggies 1.6s or better.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2006
    Options
    we need to talk. PM sent
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Go get'em Russ!
    Carl

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Atta boy....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'm touching myself...
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'm touching my cat...
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2006
    Options
    get 'em Russ. You won't regret it.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I know I want these, and that they are kick a$$, but may have to pass given the distance to Indy and all, I should go back home for a visit, but it won't be anytime soon. Good Luck Noel, great speaker and great price.

Russ
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • ND13
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Russ, I'll meet ya in Nashville, Tn. How's that for service. That'll give me an excuse to go visit my best friend(best man) and others.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,360
    edited August 2006
    Options
    These still rate high in the speakers I have owned category. I missed the slam after they left.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ND13
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I did say that I'd deliver them, as far as 5 hours away from where I live, for just gas money.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I want them.
    trade for a pair of crs + or tt considered.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • ND13
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'll pm you my phone numbers and we'll talk.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited August 2006
    Options
    pm sent.......here we go...
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • schwarcw
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Way to go!
    Carl

• ND13
    edited September 2006
    Options
    BUMP for price reduction!!!
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited September 2006
    Options
    I can't believe these are still available!!!
    I'm the original owner of these gems. I did the Infinity sub upgrade and Rich lended his talent and soldered in the Cardas 11.5 wire. I sold them to Rich when I scored my Innersounds. I still own a pair of the black AL III+'s with the same mods.
    These Carvers offer phenomenol detail and clarity and the upgraded Infinity sub supplies a fast and deep bass far superior than the OEM subs. Bass balance/blending is not an issue.

Someone has got to grab these! Great price too!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2006
    Options
    FWIW, these are awesome speakers and the asking price is bordering on insane.
  • dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 561
    edited September 2006
    Options
    I only wish I had the money. I'd be taking another set of speakers off your hands!
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited September 2006
    Options
    I have seen this pair when Rich had them. They are beautiful. I also heard them and I gotta tell ya that for the price you'd be very hard pressed to find something better. Someone has got to purchase these - they are FANTASTIC!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • ND13
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Going to AGon on Monday at a substantially higher asking price. Like $1150 obo.

Somebody within 5 hours of Indianapolis has to be interested in these.

Again...will take partial trades(nice turntable, CRS+s, remote tubed pre, maggies) or I will use these as partial trade for something that interests me.
  • amulford
    edited September 2006
    Options
    I can't figure. If I didn't already have a set of Platinums, I'd be driving out to get these. Some folks just don't know what's good for them...
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2006
    Options
    For those that are on the fence, maybe this little test will help:

1) Do you have $750?
    1a) If you answered no to question 1, do you know anyway to get, beg, borrow, or steal $750?
    2) Do you like listening to music?
    3) Do you have a decent amp?

If you answered yes to these questions, and you still are not getting these speakers, see your physician. You have severe brain damage.
  • amulford
    edited September 2006
    Options
  • ND13
    edited September 2006
    Options
    bump
  • schwarcw
    edited September 2006
    Options
    These speakers have fine pedigre. Norm, Rich and Noel. Upgraded components, beautiful finish don't let these go to Audiogon!!!!
    Carl

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2006
    Options
    We don't want these babies to leave the forum, do we? I'll sacrifice and keep them for the next one.....

PM Sent.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,360
    edited September 2006
    Options
    When I saw these speakers and Bob's Amazings not moving here, I decided to list my Silver Editions at Audiogon for local pickup. They sold in five minutes at asking price. When the guy came to audition them, he was most impressed and said he would have paid more. $750 is a steal for the way these sound, provided you power them properly. Carver ribbons led the way to ESL's (Electrostatic Loudspeakers) for me, and thats the only reason I sold them. Good going HT!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • amulford
    edited September 2006
    Options
    you won't regret it...