Apologies to all

MSkeezer
MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
I have been in contact with Lou and Sean these past couple of days. I let them both know what was going on and why their items had not been shipped. I have been having a lot of problems over the past couple of months. I'm not sure if I want to go into details with everyone and I hope you all can respect that. Lou and Sean know what was going on. Even so, my problems are my problems, and I had no right to make them suffer with me. They paid for items and I should have gottem them out a lot sooner than I did and for that I apologize.

Both items have been shipped. I threw in something extra for both of them. They are also getting their money back. I realize that isn't going to make things right and I understand that. But it's the absolute least I can do. I want everyone to know that no one is getting ripped off here, nor was that the intent in any way. I just got lost in my problems and things got put off. That's what I feel it comes down to. I just want you all to know that I'm sorry for what has happened. I should have sorted my problems out. If I had, none of this would have happened. It would be more than understandable if my presence is no longer wanted here. It's probably better that way.

Thank you,

Thomas
Post edited by MSkeezer on

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2006
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2006
    Thanks for the update, and good luck sorting stuff out man. Let us know if we can help.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited June 2006
    We all go through tough times. I think that the fact you man'd up and admitted it, and are taking care of the issues says a lot. You might have a tought time selling/buying here for a while, however the fact that you are taking care of the situation would get my vote for having you continue to be an active member of the forum. As was said previously, let us know how we can help! Doug.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited June 2006
    as noted, Tom and I have been in contact and I have a tracking number from UPS. I will keep the forum fully advised when the item is recieved.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited June 2006
    I know it's not my deal, but if the items get sent out and the money gets refunded anyway, that's about as good as he can do to make things right and i commend him for it.
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited June 2006
    Glad to here all is well, It should be left up to the original parties in the situation to decide your fate, you man'd up and that is cool, good luck with your situation, it can't be easy, stick around we all mess up.

CRj
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2006
    While I think you hit the nail on the head when you said there's no reason your personal problems should have interferred and forced Lou and Sean to wait so long for their merchandise, I for one definitely commend you for stepping up to the plate and handling the situation like you apparently have. Shipping them out and throwing in something extra is definitely good to hear. You refunding their money as well? That's phenomenal. I certainly didn't expect you to go that far in tending to the situation. That gets one big thumbs up.

I see no reason you shouldn't be welcomed here anymore. I sincerely hope things start going smoother for you.

Oh, and lemme know about that SNES. ;):p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • bert26
    bert26 Posts: 320
    edited June 2006
    Thomas,

I am all for you sticking around - especially if you are making good on the purchases. I think all of us here understand that sometimes there are circumstances that whack out (that's a technical term) our prioities and that make us not do the things we know to be right. God knows that I have been in that position myself before.

This seems to be a pretty forgiving community, and certainly one of the best forums around.

I am certain that everything will work itself out in the end.

Chris
    HT Rig
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl - Anthem 2 SE
    Polk CSi5 - Adcom 555
    Polk Monitor 30 - HK DPR1005
    SVS PB12 ISD/2
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Sony SXRD 60"
    ShengYa CS-10

Basement Rig
    Polk SDA SRS2
    Carver 1.5t
    Carver C2
    Technics SLD202
    Some Other Sony DVD/CDP
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2006
    First and foremost, I hope you are doing ok.....

Long as Sean and Lou are happy, I'm happy.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2006
    MSkeezer wrote:
    They paid for items and I should have gottem them out a lot sooner than I did and for that I apologize.

Both items have been shipped. I threw in something extra for both of them. They are also getting their money back. Thank you,

Thomas

That, gentlemen, is the true spirit of club polk. :)

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2006
    I know what it is like to go through tough times and your making good so i hope everything is working out better for you and i know my boy lou will be happy
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited June 2006
    Thats how you do it. You gave the money back and something extra, which in itself is a good gesture and shows that you meant no harm to either of the guys. Way to go. You got my vote to stay around. I hope you get back on track soon.
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited June 2006
    good luck Thomas.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited June 2006
    Allright! That's how you go from being "a **** in the bowl of punch" (not my quote BTW) to good guy in just the course of a couple hours ;) .
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2006
    Good Karma Thomas. You made it right.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited June 2006
    After this, I would have no problem purchasing from you and have no ill-will towards you. Wish there were a lot more like you.
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2006
    You have proved to be an honorable man! Case closed! I hope you get everything straightend out in your personal life. Good Luck!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited June 2006
    We all have life kick us in the **** sometimes. What it comes down to is responsibility. I'm not sure why in these cases it always takes a public outing to get people to take responsibility, nevertheless you are doing the right thing and by refunding the money you are showing some class.

You probably will have a hard time selling here in the future, but since you owned up and took responsibility I see no reason you shouldn't be allowed to continue to be a contributing member. Mistakes/poor judgements are made and ultimately it's up to the people you dealt with to be satisfied.

Hope things start looking up for you in the near future. We've all been where you are in life, it will get better.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2006
    Thomas you messed up big time. Then again , who here has not had problems in their life. I do not know you but I think you have learned that friends are hard to come by and you never want to turn your back on your friends. In my opinion, I think you have covered your tracks like a man and I commend you for that. If you need help, DO NOT try to solve this yourself. Seek help and let the people who care about you help you. Good luck and keep your head up.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited June 2006
    Like I said earlier, I hope you came back to make things right and by the looks of it, you have. Welcome back and I hope things in your personal life get back on track.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited June 2006
    Good to hear your back on course.
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2006
    I'm glad for Lou and Sean that you have finally done the right thing. It is a shame it had to get to the point of Lou going public to get it resolved. Maybe this is a lesson learned. Time will tell.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2006
    I'm not so sure that it took a public outing for Thomas to make good. It may have just been the timing.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2006
    ND13 wrote:
    I'm not so sure that it took a public outing for Thomas to make good. It may have just been the timing.
    That's exactly how I'm seeing it.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited June 2006
    i too was hoping he'd pull through. just because i think we polk folk, though we do battle at times, are pretty close, though we may be states away. and that we don't have sour apples amongst us. shipped the product and gave the $$$ back....nicely done! and this ain't chump-change we're speakin' of, either.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • jldude
    jldude Posts: 17
    edited June 2006
    as a newbie it's nice to see that the forum is forgiving. makes me want to be a part of the community! ;)

Thomas, God bless you! Just know that there is someone out there that will always love you.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2006
    cool.

good luck.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited June 2006
    life is as it should be. :)

Thanks for the opportunity to see that in action. On everybody's part.
    Sal Palooza
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2006
    I am glad to hear that you are still in there. I hope things are getting better for you and thanks for taking care of the guys.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited June 2006
    I want to thank everyone for their support and understanding. It means more to me that you'll ever know. I'm doing my best to sort out my problems. They should have been sorted out before any of this happened and I'm sorry for that. I may have been forgiven for what happened by most of you, but what I did was inexcusable. I don't deserve a second chance nor do I want it. All of you guys have been great these past 3 years but you all deserve better. After Sean and Lou have received their items and all is well, I won't be logging in to Club Polk anymore. I just want to say it has been a pleasure and there is no place like Club Polk. You guys are the best. Thank you.

Thomas Medford