Polkfest '06 - ideas

Options
13»

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Sorry Cliff. It's a moot point, you won't be there so really no point in discussing it further.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I was just kidding so relax, and i thought it was open to all polkies? Guess its selective hospitality :)
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited June 2006
    Options
    faster100 wrote:
    I was just kidding so relax, and i thought it was open to all polkies? Guess its selective hospitality :)

His house his rules
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited June 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    What!?! No moldy cheese, cheap merlot or mahaganey pipes?

Uhh....I thought it was all set Jesse you're bringing the best moldy cheese, the best cheap Merlot and the best mahaganey pipes. I thought it was understood ;) .

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited June 2006
    Options
    hoosier21 wrote:
    His house his rules

Edit: nevermind, not worth the grief.. It's the last place id want to visit.

I was trying to keep in the spirit of the polkfest and playing fun... It will be the last comment i make about any polkfest i assure you.
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Jesse done drinked the cheap merlot in another thread where I got an engrish lesson. How 'bout Edelweiss beer?:D

I wanna hear about

bbqd.gif
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • TroyD
    edited June 2006
    Options
    faster100 wrote:

I don't kid about going to someone else's home to disrupt anything.

It's my home, so, I do get to make the rules. As far as being hospitable, I'll let those who have been to my home make that call. Selective? Well, again, I pay the mortgage why wouldn't I get final approval on who comes and goes from said domicile?

Anyone that thinks that they can come and enjoy and behave themself is welcome.

BDT
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    edited June 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    au contraire, mon frere.....

BDT

Ah good, I feel better now. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2006
    Options
    faster100 wrote:
    It will be the last comment i make about *fill in the blank*
    Famous last words.........unfortunately, never true either. ;)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    Anyone that thinks that they can come and enjoy and behave themself is welcome.
    When did "behave" become part of the equation? ;)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    Hey, Stonehead...how about you do whatever you want of your own free will? You won't find many snobs at a Polkfest.

Yeah but Im from the car audio side and Im afraid nobody will talk to me unless I bring good beer.

:D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • TroyD
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Good dudes welcome regardless of persuasion.

Case of newcastle will grease the tracks a bit, though.

BDT
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    Good dudes welcome regardless of persuasion.

Case of newcastle will grease the tracks a bit, though.

BDT

grinning-smiley-003.gif
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited June 2006
    Options
    MacLeod wrote:
    Yeah but Im from the car audio side and Im afraid nobody will talk to me unless I bring good beer.

Lucky for you, you're hard to ignore :D Start training for the keg stands now.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2006
    Options
    MacLeod wrote:

Hey, good tunes is good tunes. I don't give a **** if it's 12 volt or 120.

Of course, that don't mean much coming from me, 'cause I go both ways anyhoo (Brett- leave it alone:eek:)

Case of Bass Pale Ale and a case of Guinness Stout for me. Il dig TRUE black and tans. I'll drink off the keg Saturday;)
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I'd rather have a case Rum

RT1
  • heiney9
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I'd rather have a case Rum

RT1

Is that to share...or all for yourself

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Definetely shared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RT1
  • heiney9
    edited June 2006
    Options
    That's the spirit.......I vote for a case of Rum then :p .

H9