Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,103
    Options
    A couple of winters ago, Mrs. H and I drove over to Portland, ME, in search of a very unusual bird that had been seen there in a small park. Friendly city, Portland.

53031261352_3f61a46318_b.jpg

We did see the bird (a raptor species from far, far away that had apparently gotten very, very lost while migrating). Sadly, it succumbed to the cold weather a week or two later. :(
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,517
    Options
    A consultant then. Good side gig!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,958
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    53032589605_846752cde4_b.jpg1974 Ford Bronco by sHuTtEr nUt, on Flickr

I'm in love (again)... ;):heart:

Me want!!!

• mhardy6647
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    53032589605_846752cde4_b.jpg1974 Ford Bronco by sHuTtEr nUt, on Flickr

I'm in love (again)... ;):heart:

Me want!!!

Me, too! It's even a '74, just like mine was.
    sigh.

EDIT: although I just noticed the turn signals are different than mine. Mine had larger amber turn signals on the grille, with grey "rubber" boots behind them (perhaps you can see them in the photo below). The ones on this "Ranger" level trim Bronco look like they might have been borrowed from an earlier model year Bronco (???) -- perhaps (presumably) the whole grille? The red-plastic inlaid "FORD" lettering is right for the '74 Sport and Ranger, though. :p

14803393032_89de782588_c.jpgbronchusspiffed by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,628
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Saw a virtual twin to that one above a couple years ago at the Chattanooga Motorcar Festival.

lw6kbky13qqz.jpeg
    2qslfoborkxb.jpeg
    id7rhfwhkdif.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2023
    Options
    That engine & air filter housing are identical to mine. :) Now I'm gettin' all nostalgic.
    The turn signals look like my '74, too.
    I wonder if the spare tire carrier rattles like mine did as well. :p

Gorgeous truck, gorgeous photos. Thanks very much for sharing them!

EDIT: I just have to keep reminding myself that I could buy a lot of classic Altec drivers and horns for what a truck like that'd cost me... :#

• bcwsrt
    Options
    It was impeccably restored. Glad you enjoyed the photos!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    Options
    Ah c'mon Mark! Treat yourself!
    Besides, don't you have - gasp - enough Altecs and horn things?!?
    That engine & air filter housing are identical to mine. :) Now I'm gettin' all nostalgic.
    The turn signals look like my '74, too.
    I wonder if the spare tire carrier rattles like mine did as well. :p

Gorgeous truck, gorgeous photos. Thanks very much for sharing them!

EDIT: I just have to keep reminding myself that I could buy a lot of classic Altec drivers and horns for what a truck like that'd cost me... :#

I disabled signatures.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    batuojaafuiu.jpeg

Ken has a date with Transgender Barbie and boy, does she have a surprise waiting for him! :o

s0905nblczxc.jpg
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    yaqm1bss6u7y.jpeg
    Brian

• msg
    Options
    But still no socks...
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Right?!? 😂

Brian

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    My buddy Bob calls me one day and says can you take a look at my dryer, it's making horrible noises. Me, sure no problem.

So, I'm taking things apart and coins start falling out everywhere. After I finished there was a large pile of change on the floor, which had both of us laughing. I told him if this happens again don't call me. Years later he seems to have learned his lesson.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    swcq4zdv2g3v.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Ah c'mon Mark! Treat yourself!
    Besides, don't you have - gasp - enough Altecs and horn things?!?
    Almost enough, grasshopper. Almost enough...

• bcwsrt
    Options
    7ragyrhio26q.jpeg
    Brian

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,299
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    7ragyrhio26q.jpeg

Tell me you're insane without telling me you're insane
    Sal Palooza
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    7ragyrhio26q.jpeg

How does one in that situation execute the “middle of the night #1”…? Or worse, #2…?
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• chrispyfur
    chrispyfur Posts: 170
    Options
    Hang onto the cable and squat over the edge?
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,525
    Options
    When there’s a will…