Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,777
    160.00 seems fair enough for a starter.

People will probably want to know how to hook it up to their smartphones though. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 21,733
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    4esdo5kv6g9g.png

(ASR -- I just don't get why folks think they're a bunch of weirdos over there)

Is that the new Floridian street wear?
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 3,170
    Put a $1k cartridge on it and you're good to go?
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,310
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    I scored an original equipment stylus overhang gauge for my Mitsubishi LT-5V vertical table. It wasn't absolutely necessary as I knew the dimension from headshell mount edge to stylus tip (50mm). Also, the stylus on linear arms should be at centerline of spindle so, technically, there is no spindle centerline overhang like with a pivoted arm. But it does make cartridge setup easier on the removable headshell. It's also nice to have all the accessories that were provided with the table.

f6zrafuwdtui.jpg
    8wa36wq2kewy.png

WOW Richee!!! Very nice to see the table running perfectly. A work of art!

Are you bringing that table to my house in the trunk of your car? ;)

Carl

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 21,733
    Nice Rich. My buddy had a Mitsubishi vertical table like that. I always liked it and wished I had one.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 7,886
    edited October 6
    schwarcw wrote: »

WOW Richee!!! Very nice to see the table running perfectly. A work of art!

Are you bringing that table to my house in the trunk of your car? ;)

I'm bringing a Harmon Kardon ST-8! Wait until Ed sends me a nicer cartridge for it, and I'll set up for you. :D

I brought the Mitsubishi LT-5V upstairs to watch it play rekkids and the strobe LED's were out! I measured voltage, got some low readings for four LED's in series and feared a circuit issue (transistors/resistors). I panicked and got Ken involved as I'm not as sharp as I used to be. He was much nicer than my old bosses, Bruce and Joe (he didn't say stupid richee!) but got me to look wider instead of that narrow minded panic mode.

I removed and tested the LED's and a couple were bad. I replaced the four 3mm LED's and all is well!

7yoyv0sgkdb1.png
    pkfdnncv4uyu.png
    nsdgycrenshr.jpg
    o52rqudty6kh.jpg
    n5s6nbrh5dem.png

Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo IIISE Pro ES9038 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• SCompRacer
    edited October 6
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Nice Rich. My buddy had a Mitsubishi vertical table like that. I always liked it and wished I had one.

Well maybe we should discuss! :D

One on epay for $800! :o The local Disc Replay has one for $300. It's boxed up so I couldn't look it over.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295240030726

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo IIISE Pro ES9038 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,382
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    I scored an original equipment stylus overhang gauge for my Mitsubishi LT-5V vertical table. It wasn't absolutely necessary as I knew the dimension from headshell mount edge to stylus tip (50mm). Also, the stylus on linear arms should be at centerline of spindle so, technically, there is no spindle centerline overhang like with a pivoted arm. But it does make cartridge setup easier on the removable headshell. It's also nice to have all the accessories that were provided with the table.

f6zrafuwdtui.jpg
    8wa36wq2kewy.png

Nice. Been looking (not very hard) for one for my LT20 and LT30. Both need a little love to get them running though, and cartridge setup isn't the issue for either!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 6
    agfrost wrote: »

Nice. Been looking (not very hard) for one for my LT20 and LT30. Both need a little love to get them running though, and cartridge setup isn't the issue for either!

Hi Jay! The Technics style gauges are easily obtained although they are 52mm. One can carefully sand/file end or scribe a line at 50mm, if that is the spec.

The other must haves for linear arms with no VTA adjustment are cartridge shims. Cartridge height varies. The Harmon Kardon ST-8 with Rabco linear arm align tool also had a stylus height incorporated into the stylus align gauge as well. My LT-5V manual provides stylus height off flat surface in the manual (18mm or 11/16"). You add or subtract shims to get proper VTA.

Ed's ST-8 had a .055" shim on the arm, but three other thickness that were originally supplied are missing. Unless he has that stuff squirreled away in his treasures. :D

z98pqmbneggd.png

Harmon Kardon ST-8 3D printer gauge from ShapeWays.

cjzq0dsb4ayp.png

Shims from ebay. These are .015" each x 4. The light color ones are tapered, .0145" to .015."

uf330j3o0itn.png

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,619
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    3ynne19fniab.jpg

The 1950-1970 era the smell was possibly a combination of cattle and lead smelting.
    No particular odor these days, unless you drive by Warren Buffett's very modest home, you can smell money.

In 1955 Omaha overtook Chicago as the World's Largest Meatpacking Center.
    l4fpa0uu0jpy.jpg

Lead was smelted on the riverfront for 125 years.
    https://cumulis.epa.gov/supercpad/cursites/csitinfo.cfm?id=0703481

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 12,537
    The 2 worst smelling towns/cities that I have been through
    #1 Silsbee TX...Papermill plant OMG for miles and you cant's get that smell out of your car for another 20 miles.

#2 Jimmie Dean meat processing out by Lubbock TX
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,138
    Oh crap I remember that pappermill smell! The smell of HELL!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,777
    New world record. :o

Over 1200 lbs.

z67yi4ajxs9d.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.